Author Topic: i dont think "chronic 2: papa's got a brand new funk" wuda been what we expected  (Read 2527 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
What Chronic 2000 tracks were the Dre ones?

Die Muthafucka Die
OG To BG
Hoe Hopper

I forgot what else.

You able to hook those up my g?

DTG Entertainment

Die Muthafucka Die
OG To BG
Hoe Hopper

I forgot what else.

I don't have them, wish I did.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Die Muthafucka Die
OG To BG
Hoe Hopper

I forgot what else.

So they weren't released in any form, beat wise on chronic 2000?

DTG Entertainment

Die Muthafucka Die
OG To BG
Hoe Hopper

I forgot what else.

Mr. Officer was released with two new rappers and Michelle and OG To BG was released updated with Soopafly.

acgrundy

they were not the dre beats though...

Die Mutha fucka die...I haven't heard this track really talked about...I wonder what it is...

I thought they were planning on releasing the OG rat a tat tat on the chronic 2000....

sweetdudejim

Wait so I'm pretty sure the Dre songs that Suge wanted to use on Chronic 2000 were

• OG To BG(featuring Tha Dogg Pound & Tha Realest)
  • Die Motherfucker Die(featuring Top Dogg)
  • Rat-a-tat-tat (Alternate Version)
  • Hoe Hoppin' (featuring Top Dogg & Doobie)

I don't know where I saw this, but I remember it was supposed to be 4 unreleased songs, and I feel like I saw the list somewhere...

So what do we know about those tracks...

Anyways, I know Hoe Hoppin' is actually Hoe Hopper and it was with with Snoop from the Chronic era, as is this version of Rat-a-tat-tat.

But whatdo we know about "OG To BG" or "Die Motherfucker Die"? I get the feeling "OG to BG" was from like 1994 for Dogg Food, whereas, DMD is probably just some leftover Dre verse or something pasted onto another song, but it doesn't seem that song was ever mentioned. Anyways, lets try to figure this one out.

Blasphemy

Wait so I'm pretty sure the Dre songs that Suge wanted to use on Chronic 2000 were

• OG To BG(featuring Tha Dogg Pound & Tha Realest)
  • Die Motherfucker Die(featuring Top Dogg)
  • Rat-a-tat-tat (Alternate Version)
  • Hoe Hoppin' (featuring Top Dogg & Doobie)

I don't know where I saw this, but I remember it was supposed to be 4 unreleased songs, and I feel like I saw the list somewhere...

So what do we know about those tracks...

Anyways, I know Hoe Hoppin' is actually Hoe Hopper and it was with with Snoop from the Chronic era, as is this version of Rat-a-tat-tat.

But whatdo we know about "OG To BG" or "Die Motherfucker Die"? I get the feeling "OG to BG" was from like 1994 for Dogg Food, whereas, DMD is probably just some leftover Dre verse or something pasted onto another song, but it doesn't seem that song was ever mentioned. Anyways, lets try to figure this one out.

Mr. Officer was during The Chronic Sessions (think it featured snoop) A alternate updated version was made. Mr. Officier was said to be On THe Chronic (along with Deep Cover, or its remix can't remember which 1) but it was taken off because Ice T's Body Count song "CopKiller" has cause a waved of controversy. As such it was removed (cause Both tracks was dealing with killing police).

Another track off someone elses album was also removed do 2 the Cop KIller controversy (it was another track dealing with cops)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

Die Muthafucka Die
OG To BG
Hoe Hopper

I forgot what else.

Mr. Officer was released with two new rappers and Michelle and OG To BG was released updated with Soopafly.
that's not Dre

outlaw_uk

• 'G'
how can it be feat ll when it doesnt sound ll, maybe a lil bit but is it ll? lol
i never understood that, from the audio ive heard of this zoom zoom song

wasnt Zoom feat ll cool j a DR era track? but it was obviously put out after dre left

DRE SHOULD HAVE RAPPED ON Five Minutes To Flush, thats dretox right there

its ll alright!!

Leggy Hendrix

I think it would have been 70-80% the Aftermath album with the addition of Cali Love and Keep the Heads Ringing. Probably would have also had a beat or two from the Firm CD and that Ghetto Fabulous beat he did for Ras Kass. I'm sure it would have been just as misunderstood as the album he dropped after leaving.

That entire Dre era music is dope but maaaad unfocused in retrospect.   

Ghetto Fabulous wasn't even produced by Dre lol   http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=50827

it was produced by Stu-B-Doo, who was his one-time mel-man kinda keys man...anyone know what happened to him?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie

Die Muthafucka Die
OG To BG
Hoe Hopper

I forgot what else.

Adding Soopafly on OG To BG turned out even better than if they would've had Dre on there.  This was the right move for sure.

sweetdudejim

May I politely ask why you are SOOO on Soopaflys balls? And you do realize Soopafly wouldn't be doing the kinda music he does if it wasn't for Dre? And you also realize Dre moved past that kinda music and has went on to a lot of success while Soopafly is basically just some guy whose biggest claim to fame is hanging out with Snoop? Soopafly is ok, but get off his balls already. I'd rather have a legend on a track that HE made then some goofball who has no shame and will jump on a track HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL TRACK.

Ridiculous. hahahaha.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
how can it be feat ll when it doesnt sound ll, maybe a lil bit but is it ll? lol

wasnt Zoom feat ll cool j a DR era track? but it was obviously put out after dre left

its ll alright!!

Damn this had a video? Crazy

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love

its ll alright!!

whats more, that's just a re-done version.

I'm not as big on my history as some of you, but the og of zoom had snoop on it, and some killer g-funk synths.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love

its ll alright!!

whats more, that's just a re-done version.

I'm not as big on my history as some of you, but the og of zoom had snoop on it, and some killer g-funk synths.

found an incomplete version. can we get some info + dating? (vid says 1998)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 04:56:18 PM by R1ZE »