Author Topic: What got y'all into hip-hop? Who were your early favorites?  (Read 280 times)

teecee

Re:What got y'all into hip-hop? Who were your early favorites?
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2002, 12:02:50 PM »
Cliche, now THIS is a dope post man.  U know we came up in this together, being we lived a block away from eachother and went to same schools and played ball together non stop.  

For me, i can remember buying a Fat Boys tape for 3 dollars at Zellers in grade 5, and after that i never had another tape until Naughty's first one.......but, i would say Doggystyle and Chronic brought me into this shit.  I actually got into DOggystyle first, but after that went back and my whole crew listened to Chronic nonstop like it just came out.  Other than that, Warren Ganything else westcoast came next.

Then, i got into some different type of shit, like Illmatic, Enter the Wutang, shit like that....and i almost left the west for a couple years!  Even now, i can't say the west is making better music, but i got a huge soft spot for anything westcoast related because this is the shit that made me love rap.

peace

bez

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2002, 12:35:12 PM »
I was born straight into the westcoast.

Snoop
Pac and Dre!

Murrow

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2002, 01:04:27 PM »
 First rap CD I really got was "Puff Daddy & The Family."  Yup.

horrible man....just horrible...

So what..I'm telling the truth.  Bet you liked that shit...as so did a lot of other people cause it was catchy.  I liked the song "Mo Money Mo Problems" and I bought it cause I thought it would have that song.  I was about 11 years old.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2002, 01:06:45 PM »
hey man...i aint trippin of what u bought, yeah you tellin the truth good for u...

but cmon ,,,, No Way Out? i hated puffy....my friend copped that joint, i listened to it once and hated it

then  again, your opinion is your opinion, i aint shit ta ya.....

but No Way Out?  cmon man....!!!
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll