Author Topic: Anyone down to help me with a PC problem? Disc drives not recognizing blank disc  (Read 241 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Many cats on here have effectively helped me with PC problems before, so I figured what the hell why not ask here?

Yeah neither of the disk drives in my PC are recognizing blank discs as blank.

They recognize everything else. Data CDs, music CDs, dvds whatever but when I am using nero about to burn a CD, it says to put in a disc and pops out the drive as if a disc is not already in there. I'll put a blank disc in...again and put the drive in but it still won't recognize it and spits out the disc asking for a blank disc.

I went to the configuration of the drives themselves and they seem fine...any thoughts on this?

thanks

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Jome

Try getting updated drivers from the manufacturer of the CD-drive, on their website..

Also, does this happen to only one type of blank disks, and in so case, is it one of those cheap 50-100-pack CD's.. ?

satlite

maybe your harddisk is inactive, loose connection maybe?., therefore not reading the disk

It happened to me but im gonna fix it, soooo, can't complain

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
maybe your harddisk is inactive, loose connection maybe?., therefore not reading the disk

It happened to me but im gonna fix it, soooo, can't complain

lol harddisk is not the CD drive.

yea update a your driver or just get a new cd drive.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

ikke

SURE HE GETS HELP BUT WHEN I ASK....

I have the same problem exept my external-hard drive isn't being reconized.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!

hes not talking about the same problem, hes talking about the CD drive, ur talking about an external harddrive, like an E-book.

ikke

hes not talking about the same problem, hes talking about the CD drive, ur talking about an external harddrive, like an E-book.
Both are devices not being recognized by the computer.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!

wow arnt you younger kids supposed to be more computer savy? hes talking the CD drive is not able to recognize the BLANK CD, the connection from the computer to cd driver is fine, (which is ur problem, if he had your problem thats where u should look at), the problem is that a BLANK CD cannot be read in the CD drive.

ur having a problem with ur USB, or your external hardrive is most likely corrupt, and if it is theres slim chances ur going to get your shit back.

Muhfukka

looks like you need help with your weight problem

JAZ

try getting a mac.

Al Bundy

1.) clean your laser with alcohol

2.) try different brands of CDs

3.) if all else fails, you might have to install a new drive

ikke

wow arnt you younger kids supposed to be more computer savy? hes talking the CD drive is not able to recognize the BLANK CD, the connection from the computer to cd driver is fine, (which is ur problem, if he had your problem thats where u should look at), the problem is that a BLANK CD cannot be read in the CD drive.

ur having a problem with ur USB, or your external hardrive is most likely corrupt, and if it is theres slim chances ur going to get your shit back.
It didn't work on my laptop either but when I hooked it up for this one it worked for like 3 week.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch