Author Topic: Colts/Pats this weekend.  (Read 1024 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Colts/Pats this weekend.
« on: November 11, 2009, 03:50:30 PM »
HUGE GAME - the Pats trying to prove that they are indeed one of the best teams in the league & a defense that has been so strong the last seven weeks; can they prove themselves vs. the best QB & his arsenal?

the Colts trying to stay undefeated & show that the injuries they will face for the rest of the season, doesn't kill them too much & can still beat one of the best offenses in Football.

should be a crazy game.

offensively, i call it a coin flip; the Colts have the slightly better QB, but the Pats have more weapons.

i say it comes down to defense & i think the Pats D is better than the Colts D, therefore my pick is the Pats; but it could go either way & it will be close throughout.

EDIT: also last weekend after Joey Porter ran his mouth about beating the Pats, Brady said in the post game it motivated the Pats & they wanted the win that much more. now with Caldwell running his mouth about this weekends game; we'll see if the Pats can handle that, they couldn't when the Jets did it to him. 8)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 03:53:40 PM by Chamillitary Click »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Colts/Pats this weekend.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 04:00:39 PM »
"the Colts have the slightly better QB, but the Pats have more weapons"

Let me change that to "The Pats barely have comparable QB numbers despite having the best receiving corps in the league and a way better o-line"

That being said. I have no idea who wins this game. But how good or bad Brady plays will have nothing to do with it. I read in the papers today that Brady's 70 yard strike to Moss was a huge factor in last weeks game. And it made me wonder are these sports writers on dope or are they paid to make that shit up?

westsiderider323

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 04:05:00 PM »
low scoring game colts win by 2 or 3

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 04:10:18 PM »

Let me change that to "The Pats barely have comparable QB numbers despite having the best receiving corps in the league and a way better o-line"

That being said. I have no idea who wins this game. But how good or bad Brady plays will have nothing to do with it. I read in the papers today that Brady's 70 yard strike to Moss was a huge factor in last weeks game. And it made me wonder are these sports writers on dope or are they paid to make that shit up?

lol they won rings with Troy Brown & Deion Branch; while Manning had Marvin, Reggie & Dallas.

in the playoffs? Brady has the better winning percentage, better passer rating & more touchdowns & less interceptions.

Tom is clutch & the only thing that he doesn't have is a rocket arm; but accuracy is right there; not on Peyton's level, but obviously good enough to be the most winningest QB this decade lol.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 04:19:26 PM »

lol they won rings with Troy Brown & Deion Branch; while Manning had Marvin, Reggie & Dallas.

in the playoffs? Brady has the better winning percentage, better passer rating & more touchdowns & less interceptions.

Tom is clutch & the only thing that he doesn't have is a rocket arm; but accuracy is right there; not on Peyton's level, but obviously good enough to be the most winningest QB this decade lol.

On that team Matt Cassel was "good enough" to go 11-5. How's he doing now? Answer; probably about the same Brady would be doing on KC. That's the difference. Brady=Good Enough, Peyton=Great. If Peyton was only "good enough" the Colts wouldn't have made the playoffs more than once or twice this decade. And if Brady was GREAT, he'd have 5 or 6 rings instead of 3.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 04:44:43 PM »

On that team Matt Cassel was "good enough" to go 11-5. How's he doing now? Answer; probably about the same Brady would be doing on KC. That's the difference. Brady=Good Enough, Peyton=Great. If Peyton was only "good enough" the Colts wouldn't have made the playoffs more than once or twice this decade. And if Brady was GREAT, he'd have 5 or 6 rings instead of 3.

how is he so great if he chokes it up in January?

if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. ;D

Brady was one lucky ass heave that even Jamarcus Russell can make from having the first perfect season with the additional two games; giving him four rings.

Cassell had a good season, but i think he's a good QB.

i would say that Peyton would finish 8-8 with the Chiefs, but i don't feel like giving my opinion on something i will never be able to prove; because that argument has too many "maybes, if's & what-if's". :)

westsiderider323

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »

cassel did good cuz belicheck puts all his players in a very good position to win

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 06:57:34 PM »
go colts
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 08:37:21 PM »

how is he so great if he chokes it up in January?

if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. ;D

Brady was one lucky ass heave that even Jamarcus Russell can make from having the first perfect season with the additional two games; giving him four rings.

Cassell had a good season, but i think he's a good QB.

i would say that Peyton would finish 8-8 with the Chiefs, but i don't feel like giving my opinion on something i will never be able to prove; because that argument has too many "maybes, if's & what-if's". :)

8-8 seems high to me. What are they now? 1-7? Peyton might, MIGHT, have made them 3-5. QBs don't win games. Horrible QB play seems like it can kill a team, but usually horrible QB play is a result of either great defense that the OC didn't expect or bad offense across the board. QB just gets all the blame and the credit.

If a QB gets hit on the throw because an RB missed his blocking assignment and then the slightly off throw was tipped by his WR and intercepted on a tip drill, the QB is the only one whose stats change. If the WR breaks left when the play says break right and the QB throws it to the right and into the hands of a defender the QB looks like the moron and the WR gets nothing added to his stat sheet.

All you have to do to shut me up is show me one playoff game where the Colts showed up but Peyton didn't. Every time Peyton "choked" the Indianapolis Colts played worse than he did, and in every game where Manning's numbers were less than expected, starting with the first game against Tennessee, the run games numbers were far less than expected. And the run and 3rd down defense of the Colts always does particularly bad in playoff games.

Once in a blue moon Peyton does what he did against Miami a few weeks back, but he's not really that good. It just seemed to work out that night. 99 out of 100 times the team that plays like Miami did wins that game. Even bad QBs like Rob Johnson have magical nights.

In all of those Peyton playoff chokes if the run game and run D played on par then Peyton would have played on par. You can't blame the QB for having a bad game when the rest of the team has one too. It's hard to tell who is really having the bad game. But you, Cham, only seem to blame the QB. I've never seen Manning lose a playoff game where his team played like champs, and I've never seen Brady win one where his team played like shit. Football is a unit of parts that rely on each other to win, and a great unit can make some parts look better and a bad unit can make some parts look worse. Peyton doesn't make or break the unit. He's simply the best guy to have in his position, in this era, and it's not even close. And a Buffalo Bills fan from Toronto of Greek descent has no emotional reasons or biases to say that. I just look at the dudes play and decide from that.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 09:00:18 PM »
LMAO  "HE'S NOT REALLY THAT GOOD"

peyton has 48,000 career passing yards (and is bout to pass Warren Moon) and is on his way to 400+ TDs and will break ALL favre records

if he wins one more ring he'll easily go down as the best ever

not that having only one ring is something to be ashamed of - Dan Marino would KILL for a ring
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 09:19:37 PM »
LMAO  "HE'S NOT REALLY THAT GOOD"

peyton has 48,000 career passing yards (and is bout to pass Warren Moon) and is on his way to 400+ TDs and will break ALL favre records

if he wins one more ring he'll easily go down as the best ever

not that having only one ring is something to be ashamed of - Dan Marino would KILL for a ring

I meant THAT good, with regards to being able to play as well as he played against Miami like it was nothing. No QB is good enough to have the ball for 14 minutes and put up 27 points. That's nearly 2 points for every minute you have possession. If he could do that consistently he'd have 10 rings right now and 10 MVPs.

OG Hack Wilson

COLTS vs PATRIOTS game thread
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 09:09:20 AM »
lets go Colts

OchoCinco

Re: COLTS vs PATRIOTS game thread
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 09:12:01 AM »
Pats win in a blowout. Just watch.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

OG Hack Wilson

Re: COLTS vs PATRIOTS game thread
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 09:15:05 AM »
Pats win in a blowout. Just watch.

i dunno man...its their house of horror the last 4 years