Author Topic: I'm tired of old ass rappers being pushed down my throat  (Read 666 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: I'm tired of old ass rappers being pushed down my throat
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2009, 09:46:21 AM »
you're the only 1 saying how great Gucci's shit is not anybody else. 

back on topic plz

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2009, 10:53:56 AM »
^lol relax, Mr. Feelings.

Jeezy, Soulja Boy, Shorty Lo, OJ Da Juiceman, D4L, Dem Franchize Boys, the Stanky Legg people & i'm sure i could name more.

i'll admit Jeezy is head and shoulders better than the rest of the list but the way you say he puts out such "classic" shit that could be comparable to some of the greatest music of all time, i feel obligated to put him on the list.

& if you didn't bring Gucci up all the time & say how great his shit is i wouldn't comment on Gucci Mane lol.

if you said how great Shorty Lo was or somebody else from my list, i would talk about them lol.

i swear, you're retarded. :D

naw ur just a bitch and it's irritating, u think all of this is a joke all of the time like it's cool 2 b a fool 24/7.  overdose already

"naw", you're just upset that i named more Southern rap that isn't good & took your "you only got Gucci to talk about" theory & threw that shit out the window LMFAO.

not to mention that you're so aminated about this, you show that you care far too much.

Bananas

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2009, 11:10:00 AM »
So would you say you're tired of them pushing it down your throat and rubbing it in your face?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2009, 11:31:16 AM »
So would you say you're tired of them pushing it down your throat and rubbing it in your face?

more like get over it.  there's always this discussion about how hip hop today is so different from back then when really it's not.  it's just new styles and faces over new beats (progress is what we wanted right).  yeah it took a wrong turn when it came to promoting artist but at the same time it didn't, it's actually better bcuz now u can have a sure fire way of getting on if u make the right PARTY record (u want ppl to dance to ur shit right) and have an album or mixtape showcasing your skill.  

people like chamsbitch just use mainstream rappers for barsetting bcuz they're eazy targets to attack but when u dig deeper and get tha fuck outta tha house and go somewhere u would come across hot shit all of the time.  all i know is that there's a few of the older rappers that should've been kept in the limelight after their golden years (like Snoop & KRS i have to admit) bcuz of their relevancy to the culture of Hip Hop but that doesn't mean everybody (like Big Daddy Kane and Guru or MC Eiht) should've been held up to the meter bar bcuz if somebody new comes in and does it bigger and better it doesn't get looked at that way until they're dead or on their 12th album.

i believe in paying dues but everybody loved Pete Rock and he ain't pay no dues (music wise), he just dropped a hot record and it was on from there.  Today you don't get that, u get endless rants by foreign white kids in suburbia that feel like they know better.  i have to use race bcuz it's true, u dont hear the niggaz bitch at hip hop like some of the older white kids do (teenagers, early 20's), the only time u hear niggaz bitchin is if they're already established artist trying to stay relevant in their own circle or new niggaz comin in with tha same tired ass line "im bringin hip hop back".

« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 12:01:43 PM by 301-703-202-410 »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2009, 11:31:26 AM »
What is the point of this topic? This is a west coast rap forum. West coast rap had its heyday in the 90s. Obviously most people coming to this site are coming here for that. So why the fuck are you here again? If you don't want to talk about Death Row then go to a southern hip hop forum.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2009, 11:49:31 AM »
What is the point of this topic? This is a west coast rap forum. West coast rap had its heyday in the 90s. Obviously most people coming to this site are coming here for that. So why the fuck are you here again? If you don't want to talk about Death Row then go to a southern hip hop forum.

jealous.   stop comin 2 my threads, it works both ways.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 12:00:20 PM by 301-703-202-410 »

Bananas

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2009, 11:53:48 AM »
You need to learn about communicating effectively with less words. I don't even read your stuff because it's too long winded and goes nowhere.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2009, 11:59:55 AM »
You need to learn about communicating effectively with less words. I don't even read your stuff because it's too long winded and goes nowhere.

i know but there's so much 2 say it's hard to make it shorter.  people have to get everything not just pieces of it, it leaves ur thoughts in lingo and the truth vulnerable.  plus i type quick as a muthafucka, it's not that eazy lol

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2009, 12:46:35 PM »

jealous.   stop comin 2 my threads, it works both ways.

I like to argue. That's why I'm here. How about you?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2009, 12:53:05 PM »

more like get over it.  there's always this discussion about how hip hop today is so different from back then when really it's not.  it's just new styles and faces over new beats (progress is what we wanted right).  yeah it took a wrong turn when it came to promoting artist but at the same time it didn't, it's actually better bcuz now u can have a sure fire way of getting on if u make the right PARTY record (u want ppl to dance to ur shit right) and have an album or mixtape showcasing your skill.  

people like chamsbitch just use mainstream rappers for barsetting bcuz they're eazy targets to attack but when u dig deeper and get tha fuck outta tha house and go somewhere u would come across hot shit all of the time.  all i know is that there's a few of the older rappers that should've been kept in the limelight after their golden years (like Snoop & KRS i have to admit) bcuz of their relevancy to the culture of Hip Hop but that doesn't mean everybody (like Big Daddy Kane and Guru or MC Eiht) should've been held up to the meter bar bcuz if somebody new comes in and does it bigger and better it doesn't get looked at that way until they're dead or on their 12th album.

i believe in paying dues but everybody loved Pete Rock and he ain't pay no dues (music wise), he just dropped a hot record and it was on from there.  Today you don't get that, u get endless rants by foreign white kids in suburbia that feel like they know better.  i have to use race bcuz it's true, u dont hear the niggaz bitch at hip hop like some of the older white kids do (teenagers, early 20's), the only time u hear niggaz bitchin is if they're already established artist trying to stay relevant in their own circle or new niggaz comin in with tha same tired ass line "im bringin hip hop back".

lmao, i like mainstream rap.

i am a fan of 50 Cent, T.I., Ludacris, Kanye, even Weezy.

but like the wack guys i named above;
Jeezy, Soulja Boy, Shorty Lo, OJ Da Juiceman, D4L, Dem Franchize Boys, the Stanky Legg people

i don't like how they pass it off as rap.

if they called it "funk-didle-jam" or anything else beside "rap" i wouldn't have a problem, but when guys like that think they are on some next level shit because they use silly metaphors to carry a whole song & crowd followers like you call it "classic"/"amazing", it's like, get the fuck outta here lol.

face it, you're a butt-hurt, feeling caught, follower who co-signs shit so he fits in with the crowd, AKA - "a fake".

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2009, 02:07:05 PM »
Howcome when muthafuckas bring up, up and coming dope artists from the west everyone talks about nipsey hustle or any other of those queer bags. No one cares about that gangster shit anymore, its played out.

What about airplay for artists like Blu, Fashawn, Murs? These artists make REAL music, that should get played before any other of that garbage.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2009, 02:11:15 PM »
Howcome when muthafuckas bring up, up and coming dope artists from the west everyone talks about nipsey hustle or any other of those queer bags. No one cares about that gangster shit anymore, its played out.

What about airplay for artists like Blu, Fashawn, Murs? These artists make REAL music, that should get played before any other of that garbage.

CHUUCH, PREACH, TABERNACLE. +1, one of the realest posts, and I even like Nipsey lol but on the real there is so many more talented MCs out here that people sleep on.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2009, 04:58:44 PM »