Author Topic: Hip hop & Kids  (Read 386 times)

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Hip hop & Kids
« on: November 20, 2009, 12:39:39 PM »
at what age should we introduce hip hop to kids ...

..waits for some to say say a really low age in a LOL hunting mission..

Al Bundy

Re: Hip hop & Kids
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 12:55:04 PM »
shhh i'm hunting LOL's

ikke

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 01:06:37 PM »
Depends on which rapper.

Will Smith can be intoduced at a young age for example.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 01:37:48 PM »
rap is going to be the norm, its going to be elevator music, commerical music, etc etc juts like how rock is today. its just a matter of time, its pretty funny how people would label rap as "bad", shows how immature they are and they probaly think their bad because they listen to rap.

so basically i dont think theres an age limit, but them to hear gangsta rap or rock that glorifies drugs and what not, i think theyll be ready at 13 or 14 (not that theyll be ready for it, more cuz theyll be exposed to it and restricting them of it, would just piss offf the kid,)

i mean lets just ask ikke, his balls stil havnty dropped yet

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

ikke

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 01:39:22 PM »
rap is going to be the norm, its going to be elevator music, commerical music, etc etc juts like how rock is today. its just a matter of time, its pretty funny how people would label rap as "bad", shows how immature they are and they probaly think their bad because they listen to rap.

so basically i dont think theres an age limit, but them to hear gangsta rap or rock that glorifies drugs and what not, i think theyll be ready at 13 or 14 (not that theyll be ready for it, more cuz theyll be exposed to it and restricting them of it, would just piss offf the kid,)

How predictable, good one +1

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 02:30:27 PM »
Like Cornholio said, depends on the rapper.  I dunno why people lump rap music together as if its all one music.  There is like 50 different categories of rock music....yet Will Smith, Luke, Nas, and Snoop are all just considered rap. My first rape tape back in the day was a Fresh Prince ("Rock the House") tape.  There was nothin wrong with listenin to that shit at 8 yrs old.  A year later I was fuckin with DJ Quik's, "Quik is the Name". I dunno about that shit for little kids....lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 03:04:19 PM »

Rap will never be elevator music until either (a) the sex, drugs and profanity is toned down and taken out completely of the genre or (b) profanity and sex become acceptable for everyone. Sex is still a taboo in America. And yes, sex and drugs were present in classic rock, but they didn't use the kind of language that rap music does and they were usually cleverly disguised by metaphors, whereas mainstream rap just comes out and says it. The type of rap music that would be acceptable for everyone has never been the type that was most popular.

So sad to say, rap music will never be the norm until American culture changes its views considerably. And by the time that happens, true rap music won't exist on a mainstream level anymore. You can already see that it has started to happen. Its turning into techno now.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 05:37:17 PM »
Like Cornholio said, depends on the rapper.  I dunno why people lump rap music together as if its all one music.  There is like 50 different categories of rock music....yet Will Smith, Luke, Nas, and Snoop are all just considered rap. My first rape tape back in the day was a Fresh Prince ("Rock the House") tape.  There was nothin wrong with listenin to that shit at 8 yrs old.  A year later I was fuckin with DJ Quik's, "Quik is the Name". I dunno about that shit for little kids....lol

:D

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 05:51:47 PM »
my bad

what i meant was the more hardcore/gangsta/explicit content of hip hop

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 05:54:27 PM »

:D

Ahhh yeah....it was a muthafuckin tape! lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 06:05:29 PM »
i wouldn't mind introducing a child to mainstream rap at a younger age.

no reason for them to hear "fuck the police" & topics of that nature.

songs off of Kanye's "Graduation" are perfect examples of songs i would allow a child to listen to.

maybe some Lupe, more happy, upbeat guys; then eventually let them find their way into other branches of hip hop.

moe

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 06:06:33 PM »
never

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 06:15:31 PM »

songs off of Kanye's "Graduation" are perfect examples of songs i would allow a child to listen to.

So u wouldnt let them listen to a song that demonstrates the peoples frustration with an injust and often corrupt "justice system"....but then turn around and let them listen to a faggot? lol

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 06:19:51 PM »

So u wouldnt let them listen to a song that demonstrates the peoples frustration with an injust and often corrupt "justice system"....but then turn around and let them listen to a faggot? lol

but at the age of 8, they wouldn't even understand it.

all they would get out of it is hearing "fuck", "shit", "bitch", etc.

with Kanye, they got a cool beat to vibe to; it would be a good start; plus those tracks off of Graduation weren't bad for hip hop.

then when they hit like 13-14, i tell 'em, "you know this guy named Tupac is considered the best...". ;D

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 08:18:46 PM »

but at the age of 8, they wouldn't even understand it.

all they would get out of it is hearing "fuck", "shit", "bitch", etc.

with Kanye, they got a cool beat to vibe to; it would be a good start; plus those tracks off of Graduation weren't bad for hip hop.

then when they hit like 13-14, i tell 'em, "you know this guy named Tupac is considered the best...". ;D

its not like kanye doesn't swear.