Author Topic: 6th AFC Wild Card [Pittsburgh Steelers]  (Read 184 times)

Lunatic

6th AFC Wild Card [Pittsburgh Steelers]
« on: December 10, 2009, 08:17:40 PM »
Wow this is fucked up lol. I thought Pittsburgh would get it for sure but with back 2 back losses to Oakland & Cleveland, I dunno  :-\  Who's gonna get it y'all? Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Miami, Houston, Tennessee, NYJ are the 6 in the running. Not very strong teams lol. I think if Jacksonville can beat Miami this Sunday, they'll get it. But truthfully speaking I think Miami beats Jacksonville this weekend but losses to Tennessee next weekend, only further complicating the AFC picture.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: 6th AFC Wild Card [Pittsburgh Steelers]
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 09:47:26 PM »
You forgot Baltimore. Pit is done, and sorry, but so is Tennessee. The Ravens have Detroit, Chicago, Pit, and Oak. They can easily run that table and have best chance at making the 6 seed. The other main contender is Jacksonville. The other wild card spot will go to the loser of the AFC West. I never thought I'd see two west teams make it but they will. The East will not have a wildcard team, and I don't know who the winner is yet. Miami has to win out, and pretty much so does NE, but I think NE gets in with a 10-6 tie against Miami.

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 09:49:08 PM »
You forgot Baltimore. Pit is done, and sorry, but so is Tennessee. The Ravens have Detroit, Chicago, Pit, and Oak. They can easily run that table and have best chance at making the 6 seed. The other main contender is Jacksonville. The other wild card spot will go to the loser of the AFC West. I never thought I'd see two west teams make it but they will. The East will not have a wildcard team, and I don't know who the winner is yet. Miami has to win out, and pretty much so does NE, but I think NE gets in with a 10-6 tie against Miami.
I knew I was forgetting someone. No worries lol, Tennessee is done because of their conference record. That's why I said 6th seed, 5th is obviously going to Denver/SD. Yeah, looks like it will be the Ravens unless they drop some of those "easier" games. NE makes it over MIA imo.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 10:30:01 PM »
I knew I was forgetting someone. No worries lol, Tennessee is done because of their conference record. That's why I said 6th seed, 5th is obviously going to Denver/SD. Yeah, looks like it will be the Ravens unless they drop some of those "easier" games. NE makes it over MIA imo.

Mine too, but I can always hope for a Bradyless Christmas. Not that I have much faith in NE in the playoffs anyway, but I'd like to see them sit at home one more year and think about how many draft picks and defensive stars they could have got for a Brady trade at the end of last season.

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 10:43:13 PM »
Yea

Indi, Cinci, SD, Den > NE.

OG Hack Wilson

The Steelers are done!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 12:16:10 AM »
hahahahahaha
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Steelers are done!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 06:05:32 AM »
Losing to two of the worst teams in the league, wow.  Really didn't see this coming. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 08:07:30 AM »
hahahahahaha

Well said.

I'd blame no Troy on defense for this one but they only scored to FGs against the Browns. Steelers really suck after SB winning seasons. And at the beginning I thought the North would have 3 teams in the playoff. Now they'll be lucky to get 2.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 09:13:10 AM »
wow, this team has the talent to be in the Super Bowl.

i guess Polamalu showed his value, just in a bad way lol.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 09:14:52 AM »

Mine too, but I can always hope for a Bradyless Christmas. Not that I have much faith in NE in the playoffs anyway, but I'd like to see them sit at home one more year and think about how many draft picks and defensive stars they could have got for a Brady trade at the end of last season.

like, they were one poor play call & 2 minutes away from beating to undeafeated Colts.

i wouldn't put money on them right away, but i wouldn't count them out.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 12:14:08 PM »

like, they were one poor play call & 2 minutes away from beating to undeafeated Colts.

i wouldn't put money on them right away, but i wouldn't count them out.

A few teams this year were a couple bad calls and a couple minutes away from beating the Colts this. I wouldn't count on them to go deep in the playoffs either. If the Pats get in it'll be as a 4 seed, and they'll play the 5 seed Broncos or Chargers. They can win that game at home. But if they have to go into SD, Cinci, or Indy for the division playoff game they will lose. If I end up being wrong I'll admit it. But they lose to the Panthers this week and it's over.

westsiderider323

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 12:59:30 PM »
daaaamn steelers suck

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 02:30:51 PM »
i still can't believe they lost to the Browns, Raiders & Chiefs. ???

also, in both of Browns victories this year, they have a combined total of 8 completed passes; that's pathetic. :laugh:

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 03:00:59 PM »
i still can't believe they lost to the Browns, Raiders & Chiefs. ???

It's the Gods of Football my friend. In Week 9 with 1:27 left in the game the 5-2 Steelers were up against Denver 21-10. Denver had no timeouts left and Pit was on the 3 yard line with 3rd and goal. The game by all accounts is over at this moment. Just run the ball on 3rd down, if you get a score great, if not, kick an FG and give the ball back up by 14 with 40 seconds left. Instead they decide to rub it in and call a screen pass out wide to Ward. I had predicted a Denver win early in the week. A friend who's a big Steelers fan called me after the game and laughed at me. And I said right then and there; "wait until the Gods of Football make things right". And since then the low class Steelers have gone 0-5. I'm not saying I really believe in football deities, but it's nice to see a bully get socked in the eye.