Author Topic: So who is the greatest rapper alive now that...  (Read 797 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: So who is the greatest rapper alive now that...
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2009, 05:39:59 PM »
^i personally feel Eminem owned Jay on that shit. :P

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2009, 06:00:54 PM »
^i personally feel Eminem owned Jay on that shit. :P

I agree Em did have a better verse.. but owned or murdered are strong words. 

What did Em spit that was just miles ahead or just destroyed:

The renegade; you been afraid
I penetrate pop culture, bring 'em a lot closer to the block where they
pop toasters, and they live with they moms
Got dropped roasters, from botched robberies niggaz crotched over
Mommy's knocked up cause she wasn't watched over
Knocked down by some clown when child support knocked
No he's not around - now how that sound to ya, jot it down
I bring it through the ghetto without ridin 'round
hidin down duckin strays from frustrated youths stuck in they ways
Just read a magazine that fucked up my day
How you rate music that thugs with nothin relate to it?
I help them see they way through it - not you

or

Do not step to me - I'm awkward, I box lefty often
My pops left me an orphan, my momma wasn't home
Could not stress to me I wasn't grown; 'specially on nights
I brought somethin home to quiet the stomach rumblings
My demeanor - thirty years my senior
My childhood didn't mean much, only raisin green up
Raisin' my fingers to critics; raisin' my head to the sky
BIG I did it - multi before I die (nigga)
No lie, just know I chose my own fate
I drove by the fork in the road and went straight

Those are some deep lines, and they also paint a nice visual picture..  And this is coming from someone who likes Eminem more than Jay-z.  And like I said, Eminem did have 2 dope verses, but owned or murdered?  Do u think that Jay's verse was weak? 

I'm well balanced, with immense talents...  Burn the script, then flip it to keep myself challenged.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2009, 06:08:06 PM »
i call it attempted murder. ;D

Jay spit some great lines, but Em's lines were just far superior.

i mean, it's not true murder, but it's close enough lol.

the term, "you got murdered on your own shit" is really thrown around like if your feature had a clearly better verse, it's "murder".

ikke

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2009, 06:08:39 PM »
jay just sounded boring as fuck on there, eminem actually put some energy into it

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2009, 06:32:51 PM »
jay just sounded boring as fuck on there, eminem actually put some energy into it

agreed.. this is the main reason why Eminem takes it for me on Renegade, not really actual lyrics.  But the energy combined with the lyrics. 
This is also why I prefer Wayne to Em on this drop the world track.  His slow flow is a lil more emotional, slowly building to the intense hook.
As opposed to Em's faster flow.. Though he does yell, it seems a little forced to me, probably because he has to yell at the same time flow fast.  I just don't get the same emotional attachment w/ Em's verse. 

I'm well balanced, with immense talents...  Burn the script, then flip it to keep myself challenged.

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2009, 09:34:05 PM »
I also find it interesting because when people say, Jay got murdered on his own shit on Renegade.. I think people forget that the original track was Eminem and Royce.  Not to mention that Eminem produced the track.  True it appeared on Jay's album, but if its anybodys track its Eminem's.  He should be considered the home team on that.  Since he made the beat, he had the most access to it, and the most time to decide how to flow and what to say.  Jay just got to hear the beat, and get in where he fit in.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2009, 10:17:06 PM »
same for the trailer trash internet wiggas fascinated by old school westcoast gangsterism  who swear the same shit bout marshall

catch 22

How is that a catch 22?

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2009, 10:23:48 PM »
If you consider a rapper based on the albums he has put out, then Ice Cube definitely has to be the best rapper alive.

Straight Outta Compton = CLASSIC
AmeriKKKas Most Wanted = CLASSIC
Death Certificate = CLASSIC
The Predator = CLASSIC
Lethal Injection = CLASSIC
Bow Down = CLASSIC
War & Peace Vol. 1 & 2 = DOPE
Terrorist Threats = DOPE
Laugh Now, Cry Later = DOPE
Raw Footage = DOPE

Skillwise it has to be Crooked I, but he needs some albums to prove it.
i feel u on that cube shit it seem like no one wants 2 give him the respect he deserves as a mc

Jaydc

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2009, 10:27:33 PM »
I also find it interesting because when people say, Jay got murdered on his own shit on Renegade.. I think people forget that the original track was Eminem and Royce.  Not to mention that Eminem produced the track.  True it appeared on Jay's album, but if its anybodys track its Eminem's.  He should be considered the home team on that.  Since he made the beat, he had the most access to it, and the most time to decide how to flow and what to say.  Jay just got to hear the beat, and get in where he fit in.

Or look it as Jay already heard ems verse and so should have steppped his game up to the track.Hell the fact that jay didnt let em on the next track jay had em produce just showed jays ego wouldnt allow him to be murdered again.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2009, 10:29:57 PM »
lol^^^^^
both em and jay are two of the most overrated with the biggest egos thinkin they are best and never endin of anythin to do with rap
jay says he doesnt say hes he best jus cuz....he is the greatest...lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2009, 11:04:09 PM »
jus cuz Em didn't rap on the next track he made for Jay doesn't mean its cuz Jay's ego was soo big he didn't let him.    I'm sure Em would have something to say about it, especially if he made the track for him.  If I recall, Em was taking a little break from rapping at the time, to concentrate on becoming a better producer.  If u use that logic, the guy who started the whole Em murdered you on ur own track stuff, NAS got a track from Em on his very next album, and Em wasn't on the song either.  Was he scared too?  Em made a bunch of tracks for people but didn't rap on them.. He was in his I wanna be like Dre stage.

But in no way, am I saying Jay doesn't have an ego.. Cuz he probably has the biggest one in the game.  But he probably feels he didn't get beat on Renegade.  Even Em said himself that he didn't murder Jay on Renegade, he said it was pretty equal.  So I'm sure Jay doesn't think in his head that he got murdered.. especially if he has a big ego.

But back on to this topic.. Yeah, I agree with the fact that Ice Cube will never get the respect he deserves. He was the guy who got me first listening to rap.  But in all honesty he is also a shell of his former self.. But thats okay.  He has way too many interests like movies and stuff to fully concentrate on rapping.  During the period between Amerikkka's most wanted and Death Certificate, he was the best rapper on the planet.

But like Cham said, how exactly are we supposed to judge Best Rapper Alive?  do we compare everybodies entire discography cuz in that case I would have Ice Cube and Scarface battling for the top spot.. So much classic material between them.  
Or are we talking about the best rapper out  today.. I guess a better way to ask this question would be is if you can pick one rapper to hear an entire new album of new material in 2010, who would it be?  
If thats the case, my vote will go to Andre 3000.  He's back to being a rapper and his next solo project is going to be a game changer
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 11:06:55 PM by nuk23 »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2009, 11:08:45 PM »
steven (espn duke) asked jay some say kanye rapped better than you on your own song (think they were talkin bout run this town) and jay said he cant be the best every time and out rap everyone everytime...lol
has he outraped everyone everytime whether it was his solo albums bein dope or his features or his collabo traxx?
damn jay is one of the most overrated of all time
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2009, 11:23:53 PM »
^^^ Yeah on that track "Run this town" Jay did get murdered on his own shit!  IMO Jay is well past his prime.  He should of stayed retired after the Black Album.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2009, 07:45:29 AM »
past his prime maybe...but he can still make dope muzik but most of its radio and love type of muzik
but that d.o.a. is still creative and a dope song but overall it seems like he tries too hard to be a rapper at any level let alone the best rapper alive level

^^^ Yeah on that track "Run this town" Jay did get murdered on his own shit!  IMO Jay is well past his prime.  He should of stayed retired after the Black Album.
Cube

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2009, 01:42:45 PM »
yeah, I kinda compare it to Michael Jordan.  Jay said he was retiring after the Black album, that was like MJ's last shot against Utah in the finals..   Perfect way to end thier careers.  Going out on top.
They both decided to come back.  Clearly, not as dominant.. but still showed flashes of what they used to be.  MJ on the Wizzards was still an all-star level player and dropped a few 40 point games here and there, including hitting a few game-winners.  Same with Jigga.  He still shows that he can still do it, with D.O.A and some other tracks.. But just not as good as he used to.
In both cases I'm glad each came back, MJ came back.. And I finally got to see him play live at the Staples Center!  I got to cross that off my bucket list, haha.  And Jay still drops some good stuff  here and there.  I was just saying in terms of legacy, it would have be an awesome way to go out, at the top of ur game, leaving everybody wanting more, not knowing what they were capable of.  This part of what makes B.I.G's and 2Pac's legacy soo great.  They were gone at the top of thier game, so we as fans can only wonder how much classics we would have if they were around longer.