Author Topic: Death Row/WIDEAwake : Kurupt - Down and Dirty (Artwork + Tracklist)  (Read 4660 times)

Mob Figgaz

• 'G'
Re: Death Row/WIDEAwake : Kurupt - Down and Dirty (Artwork + Tracklist)
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2009, 05:33:55 AM »
Tracklist looking not too bad 101, but I would love the og trackist with added tracks at the end.
And they gotta use my cover.
Wideasleep will fail

kuruptDPG

« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2009, 05:38:32 AM »
Personally from a business stand point, it's a smart move. re-release an album from an artist still active, for the purpose of support and promotion, and add a few bonuses to make it different from the previous release.

However, having said that, if they were to do a re-release, I would have personally preferred a re-release of Nate Dogg's G-Funk classics - or similar track listing, with a bonus DVD disc of Nate Dogg videos (One More Day, These Days, Never Leave Me Alone, Regulate) some bonus studio footage - Eg: Nate singing O.G. verse in the studios and so on, and a few unreleased tracks to sweeten the deal. Not many people have the original pressing, and not many people have the out-of-print double disc of G-Funk classics double album either. <<< This, I could have supported fully

I don't think they have a permission to release unreleased Nate Dogg material - didn't Nate won a lawsuit against Death Row similar to the Daz one?

admin at wa forum said nate took his songs.

if we voice our opinions then hopfully they wont put it out

Okka

« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2009, 06:07:21 AM »
Is this a fuckin joke?

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2009, 06:45:23 AM »
Personally from a business stand point, it's a smart move. re-release an album from an artist still active, for the purpose of support and promotion, and add a few bonuses to make it different from the previous release.

However, having said that, if they were to do a re-release, I would have personally preferred a re-release of Nate Dogg's G-Funk classics - or similar track listing, with a bonus DVD disc of Nate Dogg videos (One More Day, These Days, Never Leave Me Alone, Regulate) some bonus studio footage - Eg: Nate singing O.G. verse in the studios and so on, and a few unreleased tracks to sweeten the deal. Not many people have the original pressing, and not many people have the out-of-print double disc of G-Funk classics double album either. <<< This, I could have supported fully

I don't think they have a permission to release unreleased Nate Dogg material - didn't Nate won a lawsuit against Death Row similar to the Daz one?

admin at wa forum said nate took his songs.

if we voice our opinions then hopfully they wont put it out

Nate did and it's rather common knowledge he did. OneOOne however lies his ass off a a lot.

Okka

« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2009, 08:50:20 AM »
Why aren't you glad they do put out unheard music and that they don't let some random mixtape DJ fuck it up?

None of the tracks are unheard except for that track that features Petey Pablo.

SheraZ

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2009, 09:57:24 AM »
funny thing is u can still buy Against the grain in stores.. looks more like "ATG: refill" to me..

And why r the using this stupid cover? they could simply put kurupts face on the front instead of a bootie! lol..

I got the DR released ATG, and will prob the 4 unreleased tracks from itunes or sumthin..

peace
www.thugtertainment.net  <- Hussein Fatal's Official Site!!

BORN LEGENDARY DROPPIN JUNE 16th on ITUNES and Thugtertainment.net (hardcopy)

V2DHeart

« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2009, 03:32:51 PM »
He did, but theoretically speaking, they could have worked out a deal to put out an album of his. It's not a Death Row run by Suge
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

rick1

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2009, 12:24:18 PM »
What is WideAwakes major malfunction?? Maybe I will download the few unreleased songs (illegally), but they won´t get anymore support from me, putting out that much already released stuff as they do. Pass.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2009, 02:23:40 PM »
I will not be buying this.

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2009, 06:52:28 PM »
pfff no way...fuck this shit..lets see how well they listen to the fans..cause the way its looking now, is they gonna sell 50 copies at most..no way im supporting this re-release shit anymore..give us shit we want, UNRELEASED old school shit, when the row was in its prime..why not an album of unreleased kurupt shit from 92-97..id buy that on day one no doubt..

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2009, 09:19:40 PM »
i know,cover is weird and these traks dont stand out at all,i mean i like against tha grain but i wont be buying this

Damn Who is that chick with those huge juggs on those pics!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2009, 06:34:10 AM »
I like the cover but it def isnt right for the album.

What i dont understand is why they are re releasiing an album that didnt sell well and wont sell well again. Where as if they put out an unreleased album they would more than likely get sales from people who follow Kurupt (like on here) and pick up some new fans. Where as by releasing what everyone already has there losing the original fan base on this release.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Okka

« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2009, 06:41:14 AM »
Fuck this garbage, ain't nobody gonna be buyin' it.

Blasphemy

« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2009, 09:28:55 AM »
lol

wont even download it  8)

That's because he already has Against The Grain and all the other "unreleased" tracks. He'll still be listening to the real unreleased track via Utube.  ;)