Author Topic: Official Game R.E.D. (& Detox) Album Thread (updates with studio pics)  (Read 62093 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Official Game R.E.D. (& Detox) Album Thread (updates with studio pics)
« Reply #375 on: February 15, 2010, 08:12:36 PM »
Just cause your budget is bigger doesn't mean you spent more money.    Based on the last albums, I bet to put an album together Game has to pay more.  All the guest features and production from the top producers. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

nuerastudios06

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #376 on: February 15, 2010, 08:57:23 PM »
http://tweetphoto.com/11547843 At Johnny Rockets shootin video to shake, & its lunch break.... Don't know (cont) http://tl.gd/9ctt5

Looks like they are making a video for Shake,  :-\ Hopefully this isn't the direction the album is headed.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #377 on: February 15, 2010, 09:01:47 PM »
Shake is dope.  It might not rhyme but it's got plenty of energy and tells a vivid story.  I dig it.  Matter of fact I think it's better than most of LAX.
- Banks

nuerastudios06

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #378 on: February 15, 2010, 09:21:45 PM »
Naw man, LAX had some dope cuts, this TO ME is unlistenable.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #379 on: February 15, 2010, 10:03:21 PM »
Yeah, we clearly have different tastes.  I found LAX to be boring, inconsistent in quality, and lacking artistic direction.  Most of the tracks were either a) corny or b) off subject in comparison to the chorus or c) hindered by random name drops.  The intro and outro prayers by DMX were both pointless and silly.  His presentation of gangsta rap and his hood on lax files was childish, corny, and poor (especially in comparison to a track like Murda).   Every time Game referenced his little stint in jail like it proved he was hard I cringed.  It was just all over the place. 

The best track on LAX was the single. 

Though, I do like the idea he originally presented in interviews.  More or less I gathered he said the album was called LAX because all major artist who come through the west coast have to pay heed to him.   He could've made a dope concept album presenting 3-4 tracks for each region of hip-hop with their major players.  Or, he could have done a great exploration of Southern California and the intro was us landing and him being a tour guide.  Either way LAX was a failure for I did not enjoy it nearly as much as I did Doctor's Advocate.
- Banks

nuerastudios06

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #380 on: February 15, 2010, 11:07:53 PM »
I feel u on that note and I agree that LAX is not on par with his previous releases but I have high expectation for RED album and so far with that Shake track it's not exactly an improvement from LAX

blackwallguerilla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #381 on: February 15, 2010, 11:20:09 PM »
IMO Shake is a lot more "creative" and fun than anything Game has done before. Its a different vibe and it jarred when I first heard it but on more listens I really like it.

Remember this is not the big single off RED but I think with a gd video this tune is gonna build the buzz with people who don't spend their time obsessing about Hip-Hop. You gotta remember Game is a mainstream act.

eNgIeS

« Reply #382 on: February 16, 2010, 12:55:48 AM »
I dont mind Shake its different the rap isnt the best but i could see it being a bit catchy

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #383 on: February 16, 2010, 01:20:29 PM »
Shakes all good, its something different, not following the standard wack south beat, and lil wayne or autotuning the hook. Shits fine with me. I dont see it being huge though, and I reckon its more of a mixtape track, but it doesnt deserve the hate its getting

dj Hurricane

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #384 on: February 16, 2010, 06:00:31 PM »
@IHATEGAME march 23rd    about 8 hours ago   from web 

Well i hope we get a single soon my ipod is crying out for some HEAT !

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #385 on: February 16, 2010, 07:31:20 PM »
Just cause your budget is bigger doesn't mean you spent more money.    Based on the last albums, I bet to put an album together Game has to pay more.  All the guest features and production from the top producers. 

how they choose to spend the budget, it really doesnt matter because they will both be given a budget to which the album needs to get done within and id be willing to bet what 50 was given on BISD was alot more than what game was given on LAX. Infact i dont even think thats debatable. 50 is expected to sell more than game each time he drops, atleast prior to BISD dropping and with that in mind, and how much of a success he has been and how many records he has sold, he will have loads more money to play with. Whether most of that money just goes into studio time or ends up on mixtapes, it just means that 50 has more room for error and more time in making an album as im sure he would spend more on getting the final product done. How he chooses to spend that money when he is doing his album, its upto him.

Most of games budget will go into making album tracks from the get go without looking at experimenting much and seeing how things shape up before really kicking into gear. This would be because while game is a big name, he wasnt a name on the level of 50, especially in terms of records sold and stature within the music business. So what game gets, he would probably need to be more efficient with it. He would have to use what friends he has made within the music industry too probably from his time in the game to get some features and production and probably do business in exchange for a verse or two later on. That sort of business where having links will be important for game.

Im sure things such as sales from previous albums and pushbacks etc have an effect on budget too. Also where you are at within a music label.

For example, i think games budget for RED will be much bigger than what it was for LAX. He would have spend money on making tracks prior to having got back onto interscope and hooking back with dre...then getting dre on the record with pharell to look over it and then signing back with dre and having his album remodelled to fit the aftermath sound and the pushbacks will have definately increased his budget...unless they working for free in there lol...so yeh, i think 50z budget on an making an album would have been bigger but i think RED with the backing its getting to make sure atleast as a product it comes out good with cats like interscope, dre, pharell and game all hooking up, the budget will probably be big, but aslong as the final product i hear is banging, i couldnt care less if a nigga spends alot or not.

Big budget albums aint always banging...infact u dont have to look past eminem and 50 for perfect examples.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #386 on: February 16, 2010, 07:35:08 PM »
@IHATEGAME march 23rd    about 8 hours ago   from web  

Damn seems like he's really stickin to that date... but damn, we're just a little over a month away from the release...and still no single ? (shake doesnt count, street single/mixtape track)

Two possibilities :
1) We get a single this week, or the next. In my opinion, this is unlikely.
2) Game announces another pushback. In my opinion, this is most likely.

I hope i'm wrong though, no doubt.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #387 on: February 16, 2010, 07:41:17 PM »

how they choose to spend the budget, it really doesnt matter because they will both be given a budget to which the album needs to get done within and id be willing to bet what 50 was given on BISD was alot more than what game was given on LAX. Infact i dont even think thats debatable. 50 is expected to sell more than game each time he drops, atleast prior to BISD dropping and with that in mind, and how much of a success he has been and how many records he has sold, he will have loads more money to play with. Whether most of that money just goes into studio time or ends up on mixtapes, it just means that 50 has more room for error and more time in making an album as im sure he would spend more on getting the final product done. How he chooses to spend that money when he is doing his album, its upto him.

Most of games budget will go into making album tracks from the get go without looking at experimenting much and seeing how things shape up before really kicking into gear. This would be because while game is a big name, he wasnt a name on the level of 50, especially in terms of records sold and stature within the music business. So what game gets, he would probably need to be more efficient with it. He would have to use what friends he has made within the music industry too probably from his time in the game to get some features and production and probably do business in exchange for a verse or two later on. That sort of business where having links will be important for game.

Im sure things such as sales from previous albums and pushbacks etc have an effect on budget too. Also where you are at within a music label.

For example, i think games budget for RED will be much bigger than what it was for LAX. He would have spend money on making tracks prior to having got back onto interscope and hooking back with dre...then getting dre on the record with pharell to look over it and then signing back with dre and having his album remodelled to fit the aftermath sound and the pushbacks will have definately increased his budget...unless they working for free in there lol...so yeh, i think 50z budget on an making an album would have been bigger but i think RED with the backing its getting to make sure atleast as a product it comes out good with cats like interscope, dre, pharell and game all hooking up, the budget will probably be big, but aslong as the final product i hear is banging, i couldnt care less if a nigga spends alot or not.

Big budget albums aint always banging...infact u dont have to look past eminem and 50 for perfect examples.

I'm not speaking on marketing.  Just the actual cost of creating the album...being how much it coast to pay for production, sample usage, and guest features.   My money is still on Game spending more. 

But I do admit this is silly talk.

I like the majority of their music and that's all that matters.
- Banks

TRG

« Reply #388 on: February 17, 2010, 01:18:13 AM »
in the studio......... goin thru records, should the 1st single be a Pharrell or a Dr. Dre track ???
8 minutes ago from web

most of y'all sayin.... save the Dre tracks for the album. hmmmmm ?
5 minutes ago from web

#tobehonest ALL THIS SH!T IS craCK !!!
4 minutes ago from web

Dr. Dre & P. producing this album is "THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS". Aight y'all I gotta figure this sh!t out. hit y'all in the AM.
less than 5 seconds ago from web

http://twitter.com/ihategame

nuerastudios06

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #389 on: February 17, 2010, 01:23:54 AM »
Yeuuuuuup I got a feeling something is droppin real soon.