Author Topic: So I just finished watching The Shield...  (Read 468 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
So I just finished watching The Shield...
« on: January 09, 2010, 05:14:08 PM »
GODDAMIT!! The whole series just fucking rocks. The way they started, ran & then finished it - perfect. I seriously can't find any words to describe how good this show is. For anyone who hasn't seen this yet, WATCH IT. I mean seriously, the way the whole show pans out through the seasons - wow. Appreciation thread 8)

The Watcher

Re: So I just finished watching The Shield...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 06:08:24 PM »
ladies love the 'stache
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Okka

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 06:33:31 PM »
One of my favorite shows EVER.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 06:38:50 PM »
One of my favorite shows EVER.

x2

god dam it i miss this show.  :(

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 09:59:36 PM »

Jaydc

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 10:35:53 PM »
The wire is better.But its a good show none the less.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 11:43:44 PM »
The wire is better.But its a good show none the less.
I can't decide which I like better. I mean comparing the first seasons from both shows then yeah, The Wire takes it but all episodes together I like them equally.

Jaydc

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 12:20:19 AM »
The shield is good but the wire has so many powerful subtle scenes.I was just re watching season three.And the scene with avon and stringer hanging out on the roof right before they betray eachother was so great and so understated.Which can be said for a lot of the show.Its just there and it feels real.All the characters felt organic,their growths,their goods and evils.Its just such an amazing show in so many ways.

The Watcher

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 12:53:22 AM »
the scene between ronnie and vic at the end of season 7 "you're fucking sorry?!" >> any scene in the wire
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 01:06:19 AM »
The shield is good but the wire has so many powerful subtle scenes.I was just re watching season three.And the scene with avon and stringer hanging out on the roof right before they betray eachother was so great and so understated.Which can be said for a lot of the show.Its just there and it feels real.All the characters felt organic,their growths,their goods and evils.Its just such an amazing show in so many ways.
Yeah I get ya but we can't forget scenes from The Shield like Kavanaugh arresting Lem, the strike team leaving Sticky Fingaz to die or Shane's & Lem's conversation before dropping a grenade in his lap (fucking epic). All powerful, emotional scenes & there's a lot more. I'm just saying, imo they're equally as good, I couldn't pick which is better.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 01:10:04 AM »
Oh & I gotta add The Shield has probably the best ending there ever was to a show. The Shield's ending>>>>The Wire, Oz, The Sopranos etc.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 03:57:03 AM »
that's a great show indeed ... and since y'all compare it to others shows , the Shiled has clearly one advantage over the Wire or the Sopranos : the last season is not a major letdown

BigNeckBone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Drama means nothing, it's part of tha game
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 07:39:00 AM »
The Shield was a great show, one of my favorite series of the last years
<a href="http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014022200kVp8nskXeGtIEO10TEVk7U&amp;file=output_XhDD0f.gif" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014022200kVp8nskXeGtIEO10TEVk7U&amp;file=output_XhDD0f.gif</a>

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 08:36:56 AM »
It was too over the top in parts for me. I never made it past the season 4 rape storyline. I couldn't handle it anymore. And Dutch with the cat was just stupid. Nothing I saw was even better than season 5 of the Wire.

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 04:08:38 AM »
Oh yeah the Shield is the Best i haven't missed the last season when it first aired, best believe it.
The way it's all spiraling down 'till the ultimate low for everybody was inevitable and yet incredible how they've put it in motion.That's emotions for years.

I've seen The Wire on cable 1 or 2 seasons, just a good series not much more, here we're talking about the supreme cream: Sex, violence, drugs, politics, manipulation all the vices of a society.Intensity in each and every episode.
How a "super hero in action"  as he call himself slowly but surely ruin everybody's life (even Kavanaugh aha, ain't that something ?).He was too good, so was the series.

I rewatch the seasons regularly with enthusiasm, especially starting from season 4 when the shit really hit the team.

I congratulate Shawn Ryan for his great work , now i watch the other series he is involved in called Lie To Me starring Tim Roth  which is great. In fact the subject has been presented first  In The Shield with Dutch: the micro facial expressions.
If you wanna learn how to lie, watch this series ;)

Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !