Poll

who was better

Eazy E
29 (49.2%)
Snoop
30 (50.8%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Eazy E or Snoop Doggy Dogg?  (Read 1487 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Eazy E or Snoop Doggy Dogg?
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2010, 08:34:50 PM »
damn you actin like eazy birthed dre, snoop,....shhhh the whole damn westcoast

eazy was as talented as dre, snoop, king t, doc, above the law
he was jus associated wit em but he didnt make em....or break em..lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

JohnnyL

« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2010, 09:26:53 PM »
damn you actin like eazy birthed dre, snoop,....shhhh the whole damn westcoast

eazy was as talented as dre, snoop, king t, doc, above the law
he was jus associated wit em but he didnt make em....or break em..lol

I don't mean to say that it's a certainty that none of these people would have made it in the business without Eazy. They're all talented people, so maybe some of them would have.  But I believe in giving credit where it's due, and the fact is that Dr. Dre and Ice Cube both had their first taste of fame in NWA. I'm sure even they would say that that opened a lot of doors for them.  And from that point on, they were able to open a lot of doors for others who, in turn, were able to open doors for others and so on.  That's why I don't think Eazy's importance to the genre can be emphasized enough.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2010, 10:47:32 PM »
 ::)

i dont think its reasonable to at look at things lik dat. "eazy gave birth to him to him to him and the whole fuckin musicindustry, woot woot."

sure, i understand the impoartance of credit were credit is due - but dont take things out of content by namedroppin Eminem, 50 cent etc etc.
cus if we are, we might as well say dat Eazy's mother or Alonzo of Wrld CLass Wreckin Cru origianly gave birth to the whole music-scene as we know it.
it's just silly

none of us, would've known what "he" or "she" would've been if it wasn't for "he or "she", get my picture? eminem or 50 could've been on Bad Boy or So So def, or who the fuck knows.. im sure other recordexecutives would've disovered both of them sooner or later

Mac Dre Fan

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2010, 03:45:43 AM »
No Ruthless
No Death Row
No Tupac getting bailed out for 1996
No Makaveli album
No Aftermath
No Eminem
No G-Unit
No Game

Welcome to the class of Eazy-E: Impact 101 187. Take a seat, this shouldn't be much new to you so enjoy a review of the greatest time period in hip-hop SO FAR.

Sure if Eazy-E never partnered up with Jerry Heller the talent of Dr. Dre and Ice Cube would still remain intact but as we all know talent is not a guarantee of success. Success is rare, Ruthless Records was the launching pad for the multi-million dollar careers of both Dr. Dre and Ice Cube. Both of these man have grossed over $100 million during their careers. Without Ruthless Records Dr. Dre and Ice Cube may have made it but there was no guarantee. Jerry Heller's investment of time in these young man was revolutionary at it's time because without Jerry Heller's involvement in the group them hitting the level they did may have no happen so fast. Jerry Heller is a very well connected manager in the music industry. His word holds weight and he was able to get Priority Records to take the risk in distributing something as controversial as one of the first gangsta rap groups. Ice Cube was a teenager when he was writing those lyrics.

Without Eazy-E's business model and pay rolls, the ex-UNLV football player turned bodyguard would have never of been whsipering in Dr. Dre's ear about leaving the Ruthless to start Death Row Records, which originally would have been named Def Row had Jerry Heller not made such kind gesture of helping Suge out while he was being extorted.

With no Death Row Records and certainty no monetary investment from Dr. Dre in the label that would go on to gross over $750 milllion in revenue. Now with Death Row out of the picture Time Warner never has the issue with media controversy over the gangsta rap label, so Interscope Records does not get set-up in an effort to distance the corporation from the controversial label we know as Death Row.

Now of course Jimmy Iovine, Tom Whalley, and Tim Field may have been working with some other gangster rap group making noise but that's besides the point, let's say they aren't. With no Interscope or Death Row, Interscope does not put the money for Tupac to be released on bond by way of Suge Knight. Tupac would have waited for his cases appeal and pending the ruling may have either been released or put in front of the parole board for another few months at the minimum and up to 3 additional years if Tupac doesn't get lucky with the parole board. Interscope holds stake in the success of not only Death Row Records but Tupac. Death Row Records was Interscope's stake in the gangsta rap game. Of course unlike Death Row, Interscope holds no bad blood towards it's competitors but it's all about being #1. Bad Boy was actually competition with Interscope as well back then (Bad Boy just recently signed with Interscope), it's other competition included Rap-A-Lot,  Def Jam, etc. It's a blood game and who ever holds controls the biggest stake in it is going to be making the most money.

So Tupac doesn't get out for some time and when he does it's with a little bit of bad blood towards people he thought he was cool with, people who set him up or failed to.....Warner Brother. So Tupac is released, now remember earlier in his prison sentence he was talking about leaving the rap game and just making enough money to start a small business to pay the bills (ala a restaurant). Now of course Tupac may have changed his mind once he knew his pen game was his money maker. So obviously and most likely Tupac would have returned to the rap game. Creatively there is no guarantee of an 'All Eyez on Me' or Makaveli album. No guarantee of a big budget (like Death Row gave him) to even do a double album. The only thing I know Tupac had only musical plan that I believe was not a Death Row plan and that was the concept album he had planned that was going to be released sometime in 1997. From what I got, I believe he specifically did not want that album to be released under Death Row Records and this was one of the major problems brewing below the surface between Tupac and Suge. Death Row recorded in Tarzan, California at Can-Am Studio. Suge wasn't happy with Tupac using studio time paid for by Death Row on a project he was specifically withholding for his own label's release. Suge's feelings on the subject that it should have been all in or nothing to avoid a conflict of interest as to where the quality music goes (as well know this wasn't a problem). Suge was also hearing word about the talks between Tupac and Jimmy Iovine on Makaveli Records and it being directly distributed through Interscope. The Makaveli album would have marked the last album Tupac was obligated to record under his Death Row contract.

So........no involvement with Dre, which means potentially no Aftermath Entertainment signed under Interscope.

No Eminem, although this one may have still made it

Most definitely no Game, he was signed under Aftermath but with no intention. He was a street baller who's whole image was built from the ground up, hate it or love it he really is Mr. Potato Head. Nonetheless when they stopped supporting him (yet still made money off him) he prospered and made much better music than anything out of G-Unit.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 04:37:40 AM by Mac Dre Fan »

fabtoxicp

« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2010, 04:13:12 AM »
WTF?!?!  :o
are u writin a book..? damn, u crazy as hell..   :laugh:

i admit tho, some nice points in there, dat def could make great use for some hypothetical-thinkin for a long time.. readin all these posts, reminds me of those old comic-books Marvel Comics used to publish back in the 90's - the "What If?" editions.. yall member those? "What If Spider-Man Never Met Marry Jane" was alwas my favorite

like i said b4 - this subject matter doesn't have health enuff to b debated more on, bcus of the simple fact dat - WE DONT KNOW. anythin could've happened to anyone at these labels in various ways only the big man himself would know anythin about,
example --- if mister "he" and/or misses "she" never were around - who knows, maybe Could 187um would've been the original André Young, maybe Eminem would've literarly killed his mother if Dre never showed up - maybe Big Lurch would've been the original first-black-president -- all of these things might've happened, due to "Domino-effects"..
WE JUST DONT KNOW, please drop it awready

Mac Dre Fan

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2010, 04:31:35 AM »

i admit tho, some nice points in there, dat def could make great use for some hypothetical-thinkin for a long time.. readin all these posts, reminds me of those old comic-books Marvel Comics used to publish back in the 90's - the "What If?" editions.. yall member those? "What If Spider-Man Never Met Marry Jane" was alwas my favorite

like i said b4 - this subject matter doesn't have health enuff to b debated more on, bcus of the simple fact dat - WE DONT KNOW. anythin could've happened to anyone at these labels in various ways only the big man himself would know anythin about,
example --- if mister "he" and/or misses "she" never were around - who knows, maybe Could 187um would've been the original André Young, maybe Eminem would've literarly killed his mother if Dre never showed up - maybe Big Lurch would've been the original first-black-president -- all of these things might've happened, due to "Domino-effects"..

Of course that's all 'what-ifs' and hearsay

JohnnyL

« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2010, 05:47:58 AM »

That's right.  You could speculate all day on what might have happened if Eazy hadn't been around.  But the point is what did happen, since he was around.  It's like saying if Thomas Edison didn't invent the light bulb, someone else would have.  Yeah, probably.  But Thomas Edison is the one who did, so he gets the credit.  That's the way credit works. lol

Mac Dre Fan

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2010, 06:31:56 AM »

That's right.  You could speculate all day on what might have happened if Eazy hadn't been around.  But the point is what did happen, since he was around.  It's like saying if Thomas Edison didn't invent the light bulb, someone else would have.  Yeah, probably.  But Thomas Edison is the one who did, so he gets the credit.  That's the way credit works. lol

I wasn't involved in any of the previous discussion that pertains to, I was just making reference to something irrelevant

ikke

« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2010, 08:32:12 AM »
good luck convincing anyone that Snoop and Eazy-E are better than Mac Dre.
Sigging this one!!

This must be an alias!

JohnnyL

« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2010, 10:11:30 AM »

I wasn't involved in any of the previous discussion that pertains to, I was just making reference to something irrelevant

Yeah.  I was just agreeing with the point you made.