Poll

Dj quik is better than dr.dre ?

Yeah Quik is better
21 (42.9%)
Nah i prefer Dr.dre
28 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Dj Quik VS Dr.dre  (Read 1387 times)

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
Re:Dj Quik VS Dr.dre
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2002, 08:15:58 AM »
some time ago
quik dissed da fuck outta dre...

so...

so in my oppinion it's obvies he realsized that Dre's doing his shit by his own.
Why would he give him all these propz now if inact he thinks Dre's a punk that ain't producin his on shit like he said back n tha day?

hmmm good point
perhaps he just wants some more attention, that's why he said that shit bout dre
cause you know quik wants to retire...
so perhaps this was his last try to get more attention thru dre
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

Don Seer

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2002, 08:28:32 AM »
quik says he dissed dre coz people were telling him dre was dissing him... it was just a tit for tat diss.

here's what quik said about it
But even while promoting positivity and sonic experimentation, Quik still found time on Balance + Options to send some thinly-veiled disses at a rival. On “U Ain’t Fresh,” Quick rhymes about an anonymous, Ecstacy-popping, bisexual producer who puts his name on other people’s tracks.

Ask DJ Quik who he was talking about on “U Ain’t Fresh!” and you’ll get a “no comment,” but anybody who listens to word on the streets has a good idea. According to Quik now, it was that same “word on the streets” that created any tension that may have existed between the West Coast’s two greatest producers.

“‘U Ain’t Fresh!’ was me being mad because I had listened to the streets,” says Quik. “You know how the streets always try to be like, ‘Word in the streets is that this real famous producer is dissing you. The best producer in hip-hop’—which he is—‘is dissing you on one of his records.’ And I bought it, and I listened to it, and it was like, Y’all are right! That do sound like he’s talking about me. And I jumped the gun and just like shot some shit out there from some shit I heard in the streets. But I was fishing for straws instead of being thorough. I would rather be thorough like I usually do. I’ll be thorough if I’ma diss somebody. And I’ve come to find out, it wasn’t even true, man. Now me and dude end up making the best music ever in life. You know, I guess that was my way of meeting him. Dude is like a warlock. Dude is like a wizard. Dude is still young. Dude is still making the best music ever. It’s like, How the fuck? I look up to him because I wanna be like him.”

So When did Quik first hook up with Dr. Dre?

“Oh, we talking about Dr. Dre now?” Quik says, coyly. “Well, that’s another story. Dr. Dre is incredible. The ultimate chemist. He deserves that position that he’s got as the greatest hip-hop producer of all time. He will never be outdone. Even when he quits.”

i quoted the whole part concerning quik and dre.

(from teh same interview here in xxl http://www.xxlmag.com/main/features/37_quik.php i quoted from before)

Myrealname

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2002, 10:35:19 AM »
some time ago
quik dissed da fuck outta dre...

so...

so in my oppinion it's obvies he realsized that Dre's doing his shit by his own.
Why would he give him all these propz now if inact he thinks Dre's a punk that ain't producin his on shit like he said back n tha day?
Nah, there is a band compesed by 60 players every time dre is in the studio

DoLLaBiLL_33

• Lil Geezy
  • Keep it Compton
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2002, 08:51:39 PM »
I will always see Quik as like 3 times better than Dre. Dre's beats will never move me like Quik's do. Dre shit is so damn repetitive. Quik be freestylin' at the end wit instruments,switchin' patterns, addin' new instruments throughout the song, his shit is just great. Dre is a Beat Maker, Quik is a musician...that musician shit holds more weight with me.

Oh and with their beef I also heard that Dre stole tracks from Quik. Also that they worked on tracks together and Dre took all of the credit. I don't know if it's true, but I heard that Quik helped Dre with California Love and got no credit for it. Before you shoot me down, Dre does have a history of accusations on stealing work and not giving credit where credit is due...
*LA..Where 80% of the population Gang Bang

*I gotta keep the P in it baby, mothafuck you hoes

*I'm a roll model, ya I roll models in and out of my room at night lookin' guilty with they hole hollow

*Gang Bang ? The name of ya album ain't the name of ya gang

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2002, 04:22:38 AM »
I will always see Quik as like 3 times better than Dre. Dre's beats will never move me like Quik's do. Dre shit is so damn repetitive. Quik be freestylin' at the end wit instruments,switchin' patterns, addin' new instruments throughout the song, his shit is just great. Dre is a Beat Maker, Quik is a musician...that musician shit holds more weight with me.

Oh and with their beef I also heard that Dre stole tracks from Quik. Also that they worked on tracks together and Dre took all of the credit. I don't know if it's true, but I heard that Quik helped Dre with California Love and got no credit for it. Before you shoot me down, Dre does have a history of accusations on stealing work and not giving credit where credit is due...

word man

heard same shit bout that stealin..

that was a good point wit quik freestylin wit his instruments !!!
feeln this one fa sho !!! especially at the end of the tracks...
and if listen close you can hear that durin the tracks too

GT
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"