Author Topic: "The Black Album" - Jay-Z  (Read 1876 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Re:"The Black Album" - Jay-Z
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2002, 01:10:34 PM »
To be honest, unless Jay goes back to his Reasonable Doubt style of beats and rhymes then this ain't gonna be that great. The original Blueprint nearly got there, but in the end it all got a little stale, and I haven't listened to that album for ages cause it just doesn't interest me no more.

Blueprint 2 sucks badly, damn i'm even feeling Dynasty more than BP2.

If he makes a stone cold classic then I think he will retire, otherwise he will probably just keep going, putting out albums every year until the day that he dies. Even when he takes his "executive" role you know that he will be all over Rocafella releases, making guest apperances on tracks and appearing in all the videos. He just won't be able to resist the fame.

min0rity

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2003, 10:01:23 AM »
hope he can improve on this album

The Watcher

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2003, 06:15:00 AM »
dont think Jay would be able to do a full album with no promotion etc.. hows the source gonna make money? you know made men aint payin for those ads ;)

biggie should've done his 3 disc album, that would've been dope
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2003, 12:26:05 PM »
LMAO @ all these YOUNG rappers retiring acting like they old and been working in the fields their whole life.  this is music bizz.  you don't need to retire.  you sit around and do what you love all day.  sure it has it's stress here and there, but what job doesn't?  they have it eazy.  EAZY!!  

Jome

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2003, 08:43:28 PM »
LMAO @ all these YOUNG rappers retiring acting like they old and been working in the fields their whole life.  this is music bizz.  you don't need to retire.  you sit around and do what you love all day.  sure it has it's stress here and there, but what job doesn't?  they have it eazy.  EAZY!!  

Yeah, but think about it..
7 years.. 8 albums.. each one going platinum, and several of them double or more..
Bank-account= $$$ Unlimited, spend what the fuck you wanna spend, if you go zero, the bank'll give you unlimited credit..

Jigga is 32 now, and if I was him.. I know for sure that I would never lift a finger for the rest of my life.. I'd spend the days on some tropical island with topless chicks serving drinks & giving head..

But then again, Jigga loves to be in the limelight.. lol