Author Topic: DJ Kay Slay - More Than Just A DJ (Discussion Thread)  (Read 737 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DJ Kay Slay - More Than Just A DJ (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 10:41:02 PM »
It's okay. 

100 Proof is far better.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Blood$

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 11:11:10 PM »
01. Intro (Feat. Busta Rhymes) - 4/5 - Busta usually does these intros on Slay's album                                       
02. Men Of Respect (Feat. Tony Yayo, Papoose, Lloyd Banks, Jim Jones & Rell) - 4/5, the OG with Lil' Eazy, Pap, and Jim Jones was better but Banks killed it
03. Bad Girls (Feat. Jackie-O, Remy Ma, Hedonis Da' Amazon & Avanna Irish) - 3/5, it's aiight but not my cup of tea
04. Blockstars (Feat. Yo Gotti, Jim Jones, Busta Rhymes & Ray J) - 3.5/5, I thought Ray J was straight on the hook, Yo Gotti was nice and Busta was good, Jones was decent
05. Monster Muzik (Feat. Cam'ron & Vado) - 4/5, like Lunatic said... vintage Cam'ron                             
06. Layed Out (Feat. Bun-B, Twista, Papoose, Dorrough, Young Chris & Jay Rock) - 5/5, probably my favorite track on the album, Papoose kills it the hardest, Twista and Bun B went off, Jay Rock did his thing, Young Chris and Dorrough had the weakest parts but Dorrough's verse had certain parts I liked flow-wise
07. Gangsta Shit (Feat. OJ Da Juiceman, Papoose & Yo Gotti) - 3/5, Papoose did aiight, Yo Gotti was decent but the hook could have been better and OJ is just funny to me but I can't stand his verses lol           
08. Straight Stuntin Magazine Photoshoot (Skit) (Feat. Bianca Simmone)
09. Let's Ryde Together (Feat. Trick Trick, M.O.P., Trae Tha Truth & Tre Williams) - 4/5, crazy line up here... everybody went in IMO
10. Thug Luv (Feat. Maino, Papoose, Red Cafe & Ray J)  - 3.5/5, a decent track for what it is           
11. Building With The God (Skit) (Feat. Popa Wu)                       
12. See The Light (Feat. AZ, Raekwon & Ghostface) - 5/5, FIRE... everybody rips it                     
13. Hustle Game (Feat. Bun-B, Webbie, Lil Boosie & Nicole Wray) - 4/5, dope production, Bun B kills it, Boosie and Webbie were aiight     
14. God Forgive Me (Feat. Joell Ortiz, Jae Millz & Saigon) - 4.5/5, Joell went the hardest by far but Jae Millz and Saigon murdered it as well           
15. Kay Slayed 'Em (Feat. Uncle Murda, Mistah FAB & Grafh) - 4/5, Uncle Murda was nice, Fab and Grafh did their thing           
16. Make The Block Hot (Feat. Nina B, Mike Beck, KI Grip, Lucky Don, GI & Nutso) - 3/5, only heard of Mike Beck and Lucky Don but this track is ok
17. You Heard Of Us (Remix) (Feat. Sheek Louch, Styles P & Ray J) - 3.5/5, the OG was better and so was the remix
18. Street Credibility (Feat. San Quinn, Big Rich & Hood Stars) - 4/5, bangin' beat and San Quinn killed it, they should have had Ya Boy on this one
19. Blockstars (Remix) (Feat. Busta Rhymes, Sheek Louch, Rick Ross, Papoose, Cam'ron, Vado & Ray J) - 4/5, I like this remix... everybody had good verses and even Rick Ross went in on his old style
20. Building With The God Pt. 2 (Outro) (Feat. Popa Wu)           

overall I give this a 4/5, my only letdown was that he left off "The New West", "Daydreaming", and "Self Destruction 2010"... but other than that I'll be bangin' some of these tracks for awhile  8)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 02:11:35 PM »
I don't know why they re-did Men Of Respect.

You Heard Of Us (Remix) nice.

Thug Luv not bad

Layed Out fuckin' BANGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Beat is HARD as FUCK. Pap sounded weird as hell but ILL, he murked it. Jay Rock too.

Blood$

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 03:35:12 PM »

Thug Luv not bad

Layed Out fuckin' BANGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Beat is HARD as FUCK. Pap sounded weird as hell but ILL, he murked it. Jay Rock too.

co-sign this whole post

but as far as that remix to "Men Of Respect", Slay probably didn't want to see that track go to waste and so he got Pap to re-do his verse and Lil' Eazy was removed and replaced by Yayo/Banks because he doesn't even have a buzz anymore and he would look really out of place on the album... I dunno, just my thoughts

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 05:42:32 PM »

Thug Luv not bad

co-sign this whole post

but as far as that remix to "Men Of Respect", Slay probably didn't want to see that track go to waste and so he got Pap to re-do his verse and Lil' Eazy was removed and replaced by Yayo/Banks because he doesn't even have a buzz anymore and he would look really out of place on the album... I dunno, just my thoughts

Yeah, I hear that. I agree though that the original was better.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 08:09:45 PM »
Give it a chance, if you read this.

Portugoal

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 05:36:32 AM »
This is not my type of hip hop, but I gave it a try anyway. I turned it off when track 5 was playing.

westsiderider323

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2010, 12:02:51 PM »
siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick  8)

kay lay >>>>>>>> anything faggot khaled droppd

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2010, 05:38:56 PM »
This is not my type of hip hop, but I gave it a try anyway. I turned it off when track 5 was playing.
Shoulda waited til 6.

Portugoal

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2010, 09:21:54 PM »
Shoulda waited til 6.

that was a bad idea. :nawty:
i'll now go back to my mikkey halsted mixtape.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 07:56:16 AM »
Shoulda waited til 6.

You don't like 6?? Lol.

Portugoal

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 11:54:21 AM »
Shoulda waited til 6.

You don't like 6?? Lol.

nah

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 02:49:40 PM »
Shoulda waited til 6.

You don't like 6?? Lol.

nah

Ah