Author Topic: Batman returns once more: Christopher Nolan does it again!!!  (Read 6105 times)

DEKO

Re: Batman returns once more: Christopher Nolan does it again!!!
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2010, 02:07:50 PM »
Joker will not be re-cast... :( Read below:

Ever since The Dark Knight came out fanboys have been screaming how it's the best comic book movie to have ever been made. (It isn't.) One of the reasons they think this is Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker. After Heath pill popped his way into the clouds above, questions arose as to what would happen to the character. Would he be recast? Would he appear only in shadows at Arkham?

Obsessedwithfilm.com, who thinks they've stumbled upon the scoop of the century from reading an interview out of a magazine, noticed this in Empire's Nolan interview:

There is the ever-lurking question about villains: who will The Dark Knight tussle with this time… Could it possibly be a returning (and recast) Joker, pulling strings from Arkham, Lecter-style, Empire wonders?

“No”, says Nolan emphatically and unhesitatingly. He resists elaborating simply because, quite understandably, he says, “I just don’t feel comfortable talking about it”.

Obsessedwithfilm also says:
So that’s it, all the two year speculation on the ethics behind a potential re-casting of the late Heath Ledger in his Oscar winning, iconic role can be put to bed. THE JOKER WON’T APPEAR IN BATMAN 3. Presumably we have to imagine him for the time being as a mental patient locked up in Arkham Asylum.

Now, it's too early to actually say if The Joker will or will not appear in Batman 3. At least for now, Nolan is saying he won't recast the part. Meaning we won't actually see his face. But Hollywood is a strange and wonderous town. He could appear as a shadow locked up behind bars, his voice done by someone else. Who knows. Nolan isn't comfortable talking about it right now, but things can change. So if Joker is 100% gone from Bats 3, does this mean Bane is the lone bad guy? Who else could be the bad guy? I don't see The Riddler or Penguin as Nolan type villains.

Jaydc

« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2010, 04:22:59 PM »
If dark knight isnt the best comic book Im curious what they think is,ghost rider?lol

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2010, 11:13:58 PM »
If dark knight isnt the best comic book Im curious what they think is,ghost rider?lol

word, i can't think of a better one.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2010, 11:26:02 AM »

word, i can't think of a better one.

I wouldn't call any superhero or comic film better than DK, but I did like Begins and I though Sin City was just as good.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2010, 11:20:09 PM »
and what will likely be the Bat's biggest competition: the Spider-Man reboot's reboot (July 3).

lol, its a little early for a reboot. Whatever it takes to get another Spiderman out there I guess.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2010, 11:27:14 PM »

There's been quite a few great films based on comic books. For me the best is between Sin City, BB and The Dark Knight, V For Vendetta, and Iron Man.

Jaydc

« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2010, 04:50:11 PM »
and what will likely be the Bat's biggest competition: the Spider-Man reboot's reboot (July 3).

lol, its a little early for a reboot. Whatever it takes to get another Spiderman out there I guess.

Yeah,the decision to reboot the franchise is ridiulous.As bas a spider man 3 was, they could ahve just hired a new director and gone in a different direction.I was never huge on tobey maguire as spider man,he was a little TOO geekey for my tastes.I still cant believe how badly they butchered venom though,just a disgrace.Im curious what direction the reboot will take.

JohnnyL

« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2010, 09:15:35 PM »

Yeah,the decision to reboot the franchise is ridiulous.As bas a spider man 3 was, they could ahve just hired a new director and gone in a different direction.I was never huge on tobey maguire as spider man,he was a little TOO geekey for my tastes.I still cant believe how badly they butchered venom though,just a disgrace.Im curious what direction the reboot will take.

Personally, I don't think the director was the problem.  Although I agree that if they just had to make a movie with Venom then Sam Raimi was not the right choice.  He had said in interviews conducted prior to "Spider-Man 3" being made that he didn't "get" the Venom character.  But at the behest of Avi Arad, he put the character in the movie anyway.  To me, "Spider-Man 3" could have been on par with the first two movies if they hadn't forced using the Venom character on Raimi.  I thought the Harry Osborne/Peter Parker story that had been building since the first movie was wrapped up nicely.  And the Sandman story line seemed pretty good as well.  It wasn't until they tried to squeeze the Venom character in, in addition to everything else, that the movie started to fall apart.  If the studio had let Raimi make the movie he wanted to make instead of hijacking his movie partway through the process, I think "Spider-man 3" would have turned out fine.

Jaydc

« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2010, 09:21:45 PM »
Eh,I think raimi took the camp value way too high in the third one.And the sandman character isnt strong enough to support a movie.And the whole film was awful not just venom.From the oh THAT guy didnt kill your uncle THIS guy did to the story tothe out of control crane where spiderman saved the girl then it skips to the next scene with no explanation of how he stopped the crane,the film was top to bottom just plain terrible.

Bananas

« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2010, 03:10:18 AM »
Spiderman was built on camp and bad humor. Without it you have dry whiny ass toby reluctantly saving people. that shit is not cool. i want charismatic smart ass old spiderman back.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2010, 07:56:00 AM »
Spiderman was built on camp and bad humor. Without it you have dry whiny ass toby reluctantly saving people. that shit is not cool. i want charismatic smart ass old spiderman back.

Watch season 1 of the recent TV series Spectacular Spiderman.

JohnnyL

« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2010, 08:17:19 AM »
Eh,I think raimi took the camp value way too high in the third one.And the sandman character isnt strong enough to support a movie.And the whole film was awful not just venom.From the oh THAT guy didnt kill your uncle THIS guy did to the story tothe out of control crane where spiderman saved the girl then it skips to the next scene with no explanation of how he stopped the crane,the film was top to bottom just plain terrible.

The camp/slapstick factor is in both of the first two "Spider-man" films as well, though.  Actually, for that matter, it's in pretty much every movie that Sam Raimi has ever directed.  I'm not saying you're wrong about it because it's definitely there, but if you had a problem with it in "Spider-man 3," I'm not sure why you didn't mind it in the original "Spider-man" and "Spider-man 2."  I also didn't like that they changed the story about who killed Uncle Ben, but I was willing to go along with that because it at least made sense in the context of the story they were trying to tell.  But the part with Venom was obviously an after-thought.  To me, it was the worst part of the movie.  It just seemed "tacked-on."  And it isn't really until Venom shows up that the movie really begins to venture into "Batman Forever" territory.
 I agree with you though that it's ridiculous that they want to reboot the franchise this early.  IMO, they're only doing this because they wanted a director who wouldn't mind taking even more notes from the studio.  I mean, "Spider-Man 4" was already in pre-production with all of the regulars (including Raimi) coming back, when they pulled the plug on it.  Raimi had been very vocal in interviews leading up to it's cancellation that if he directed "Spider-man 4," he wanted to do it his way again.  The director they ended up going with, Mar Webb, only has one movie under his belt at this point, so he is largely untested.
  If they had to do a reboot, it's a shame Marvel Studios couldn't get the rights back for "Spider-man,"  they're the only studio that I currently have any faith in any more, when it comes to doing movies based on Marvel comics.

Jaydc

« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2010, 11:44:57 PM »
I realize camp was a part of all the films and raimi in general,evil dead triology is amazing.But the third one was overboard and really cheesey.But spider man doesnt need camp to be entertaining,humour yes,but camp,nah,this isnt the 60s.

DEKO

« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2010, 12:40:40 AM »
New rumor:

Joseph Gordon-Levitt to play the Riddler? Hollywood Life reports that while working on the film Inception with director Christopher Nolan, Joseph Gordon-Levitt mentioned that he'd love to audition for The Riddler in Batman 3.

Apparently, this sort of talk continued and the site now says that Levitt is being considered by Nolan for the part.

"Chris really dug Joseph [as an actor]," a source close to the director stated. "There was a joke at first between them [on the set of Inception] that Joseph wanted to read for Batman 3 and things heated up as filming continued."

This unnamed source then went on to say:

"It's not 100% confirmed that he's getting [the role of The Riddler] but there's certainly talk about it. Joseph is definitely on the short list."

David S. Goyer is presently hard at work writing the screenplay for the next installment in the Batman saga.

Batman 3 comes to theaters July 20th, 2012
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 12:44:13 AM by DEKO »

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2010, 12:49:55 AM »
New rumor:

Joseph Gordon-Levitt to play the Riddler? Hollywood Life reports that while working on the film Inception with director Christopher Nolan, Joseph Gordon-Levitt mentioned that he'd love to audition for The Riddler in Batman 3.

Apparently, this sort of talk continued and the site now says that Levitt is being considered by Nolan for the part.

"Chris really dug Joseph [as an actor]," a source close to the director stated. "There was a joke at first between them [on the set of Inception] that Joseph wanted to read for Batman 3 and things heated up as filming continued."

This unnamed source then went on to say:

"It's not 100% confirmed that he's getting [the role of The Riddler] but there's certainly talk about it. Joseph is definitely on the short list."

David S. Goyer is presently hard at work writing the screenplay for the next installment in the Batman saga.

Batman 3 comes to theaters July 20th, 2012

Allways thought that Joseph Gordon Levitt looks like Heath Ledger...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM