Author Topic: i need some help and advice  (Read 771 times)

bez

i need some help and advice
« on: February 12, 2010, 01:51:12 PM »
Right, I've worked in retail for like 7 years now. But horribly I've worked in the same building for all of those 7 years. It was a Woolworths before they went out of business and it is now a discount kinda store. Anyway, I've basically felt very unhappy in this job for the last few months, not really because I dislike the job but because since around October we have had a new manager and she's honestly the most horrible woman I have ever met. I have been going over the decision to leave for a while now but everytime I pluck up enough courage I get somebody telling me not to do so. I am a supervisor in my workplace and I've impressed over the last year but this woman has pretty much come in and has made me feel so miserable that I dread getting up for work in the morning. She's an awful manager, has no communication skills and I know for a fact I can manage and run the store better than her. But she's very critical and she's always got an answer for everything. Basically the woman is a bitch and I'm sick and tired of her. I can give you examples but I really can't be bothered typing them. I'm 24, the money is awful, the responsibility is good but for what I'm doing the money certainly isn't there, as I said before I've been in the same place for years, I'm up at 6am a lot, work weekends, I have a degree and think I could be doing so much more. What would you guys do? And has anyone ever been in a situation like this before? I've never quit anything in my life, literally anything!

ThaChamp

Re: i need some help and advice
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 01:53:07 PM »
quit being a pussy.. call her a bitch to her face and walk out

you will feel so much better

bez

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 02:00:11 PM »
Well its kinda like once you do that you don't have a leg to stand on. I mean, I've got her on stuff that I know if I tell the area manager about he will have to take action, such as stealing, and lying about certain things in the store, so I'm thinkin, I leave her my resignation tomorrow and send the area manager a letter aswell, but his letter will include a list of these things she has done.

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 02:06:16 PM »
try to get that bitch fired or to quit FIRST... and if you don't succeed at that then I would just start looking for another job and don't quit your current one until you know for a fact you're hired at a new place

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 02:38:57 PM »
I would just start looking for another job and don't quit your current one until you know for a fact you're hired at a new place

Muhfukka

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 02:42:26 PM »
hahaha it doesnt even seem like a question to me, get another fuckin job. its not like youre leaving something that good anyway, youre just so used to it by now you dont want to quit

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 03:33:23 PM »
Ive been in that situation before. Not in retail, but with a female boss who was a strait up bitch. Mostly cus she was a snake and would make us managers look like shit in order to save her own ass when she would fuck up.  Nobody trusted her and she created an environment where people werent happy about coming to work anymore.  You shouldnt quit your job cus of your boss though.  UNLESS you are unhappy with the job itself.  If it is just her that bothers you...see if there is a way to sit down with her and get everything out in the open before it turns into some big blowout at work.  If that doesnt work, talk to her boss and see if there is a way to transfer or work under someone else.  If you do that, just be sure to approach it with the company in mind.  The thing is, she is your boss and her boss will defend her first.  So if you bash her, they wont necessarily take your side.  But if you say that you feel like you could do a better job working with someone else and voice your concerns about her, then you show that youre concerned with the welfare of the store/company.  If youre simply tired of the job...then yeah, find another one before you lose it and do something stupid and lose this one as a reference. Its good not to work in retail for TOO long anyways, so your next job should be something different if you can. Otherwise, youll pigeon-hole yourself and it might be hard to find jobs outside of retail ever. 

If none of that works....just kill the bitch...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sparegeez

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 04:31:03 PM »
quit being a pussy.. call her a bitch to her face and walk out

you will feel so much better

your girlfriend likes me

acgrundy

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 06:12:07 PM »
welcome to the real world.  That type of shit will happen in any industry you go to.  So leaving the job will not solve your problem.  You have got to stop let other people bother you.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 06:15:05 PM »
if your good wit that area manager...why cant he help fix this problem?
hes her manager right?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 06:23:54 PM »
You could also start fuckin her....that might solve your problems...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 06:26:17 PM »
ive been there done that.....it wont end good...sooner or later things will happen....prolly not in favor, but it was worth it at the time...lol

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 06:30:54 PM »
ive been there done that.....it wont end good...sooner or later things will happen....prolly not in favor, but it was worth it at the time...lol

its all about livin in the moment sometimes...lol.  In this case...he cant stand her.  So it should work out.  Just fuck her till she's cool wit u....then get her fired for sexual harrassment.  Win win.

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 06:32:23 PM »
Do what one of my homies did....steal from ya job then flee to mexico, get married and start a new life. LOL

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 06:34:13 PM »
lol
you a fool daygo

its all about livin in the moment sometimes...lol.  In this case...he cant stand her.  So it should work out.  Just fuck her till she's cool wit u....then get her fired for sexual harrassment.  Win win.
Cube