Author Topic: say good bye to emi  (Read 241 times)

2010-thefuture

say good bye to emi
« on: February 21, 2010, 12:28:42 PM »
Say Goodbye To EMI‏
From:  Moses Avalon Preferred 440 list (mosesavalon1@aol.com) 
Sent: Sun 2/21/10 2:23 PM
To:  mm1970@hotmail.com

Announcement:

I’ll be intervened on RadioZone FM, with Drew Hoffar thei Sunday night@ 9PM. If you’re not in the Sacramento area you can stream it here 24/7.

http://www.radiozone.com/

Say Goodbye To EMI

=================

Moses Avalon

I know, I know. I’m usually the guy who’s very Bullish on the condition of the music business, but this is one story even I cannot spin upward.

To save the beleaguered major label, EMI, its owner, Guy Hands has about a month to come up with about $150 Million to satisfy payroll and debts.  In real estate terms, Hands is upside down on his house. He now owes more than he can sell the company for and his bank, Citigroup, is forcing him to foreclose rather than give him the chance to save the label that controls such classic catalogs as the Beatles. 

Knowing he can not find a buyer or come up with the money, Citigroup’s unofficial but rather obvious plan is to foreclose, at which point they get their hands on the super valuable catalogs for dimes on the dollar.

Normally, when companies this size are in trouble their creditors help out by restructuring the loans.  But not here.  In this case Citigroup, has bitch-slapped Hands and all but said, let it burn. When your own investors want you to fail, there is little hope of survival.

Historic music in the hands of bankers.

How did this happen?  Could we have predicted it?

Answers, details and your comments:  http://www.mosesavalon.com/mosesblog/?p=570

You are subscribed to the following list: Moses Avalon Preferred 440 list using the following email: mm1970@hotmail.com You may automatically unsubscribe from this list at any time by hitting reply and typing "remove" in the subject banner.
Mailing List Powered by Dada Mail

2010-thefuture

Re: say good bye to emi
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 12:30:01 PM »
whatcha yall think about this?

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 01:11:18 PM »
Not surprised.  Big banks have been pimping American's for years.  It's quite sad.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jimmy H.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 09:07:02 PM »
It really must be depressing to be in the music industry, these days. Shit, I'm pretty depressed just being a fan of music.

2010-thefuture

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 09:18:22 AM »
they just announced that they are going to give emi one more chance