Author Topic: Whats the story about Cube scared of Glasses Malone?  (Read 1242 times)

Muhfukka

Re: Whats the story about Cube scared of Glasses Malone?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2010, 11:50:13 AM »
The thing that bothers me most about this story is people are seeming to overlook the fact that Ice Cube is over 40 and rich as fuck. What reason does he have to walk around trying to be a tough guy? I doubt if G.Malone would talk this shit if this was '91 Cube.
its well known that cube not only didnt grow up in compton, but his parents also bused him out of their school district so he could go to a predominately white school. pretty much the opposite of his lyrics. so basically the 91 cube was fakin it also

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 12:09:45 PM »
The thing that bothers me most about this story is people are seeming to overlook the fact that Ice Cube is over 40 and rich as fuck. What reason does he have to walk around trying to be a tough guy? I doubt if G.Malone would talk this shit if this was '91 Cube.
its well known that cube not only didnt grow up in compton, but his parents also bused him out of their school district so he could go to a predominately white school. pretty much the opposite of his lyrics. so basically the 91 cube was fakin it also

Ok so he's really from South Central...is that really THAT much better than Compton?
And he went to a predominately white school, fine. So do we hate him cuz his parents wanted him to have the best education available? Sounds like a smart damn decision to me, seeing as to how it paid off big time and I'm sure he's taking care of his parents with all that movie money.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Muhfukka

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 12:12:01 PM »

Ok so he's really from South Central...is that really THAT much better than Compton?
And he went to a predominately white school, fine. So do we hate him cuz his parents wanted him to have the best education available? Sounds like a smart damn decision to me, seeing as to how it paid off big time and I'm sure he's taking care of his parents with all that movie money.
yeah thats cool and everything, but its pretty hypocritical to turn around and make shit like straight outta compton and death certificate after that. not to mention wsc

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2010, 12:33:43 PM »
Glasses and Bishop are just mad that nobody will give them props they want to be endorsed so bad and the vets ain't having it.

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2010, 12:55:22 PM »

yeah thats cool and everything, but its pretty hypocritical to turn around and make shit like straight outta compton and death certificate after that. not to mention wsc

How is that hypocritical?  that was Ice Cube not O'Shea Jackson.. People forget this is music.  Its not real life.  He never said, I did this in real life. He's a rapper.  Who cares if he's real or not.  Every single gangsta rapper says he'll kill somebody in theyre raps, but nobody ever has.  
He was the best at painting visual pictures with his rhymes, and it showed the harsh life of the ghetto.  If he went to a mostly white school, that makes his lyrics even more impressive to me.  If u guys think he's talking about stuff he has no idea about, even though he grew up in South Central during the hieght of gang culture, then thats your opinion... But from the late 80's to the early 90's he was the best gangsta rapper out.  Note I said Gangsta Rapper not Gangsta!  
I mean if you guys want to see a really good gangster movie, do you want real gangters acting in it?  Or do you want really good actors who can portray the role good?  Imagine the movie Scarface, with some real gangster.. That shit would suck ass! lol  
If u guys care about who's the hardest man in real life.. Stop listening to rap, and go take a trip to the hood and talk to your local gangbanger!  This is fucking music, its an art!
Ice Cube is over 40 years old now, he's making really good money as an actor.  He has no business acting hard every where he goes anymore.  He's more of a consious/political rapper now, but his music is still street.  If your under 20 years old, all you probably know him for is his comedy movies.  
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:58:45 PM by nuk23 »

I'm well balanced, with immense talents...  Burn the script, then flip it to keep myself challenged.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2010, 01:29:17 PM »
Glasses and Bishop are just mad that nobody will give them props they want to be endorsed so bad and the vets ain't having it.

Glasses is rollin with Mack and Bishop had Dre behind him. They've both been endorsed by vets. What more do they want? Do they want Snoop Dogg to hold their hands and walk them out onto the red carpet? Shit, just make good music and stop worrying about other niggas.

How is that hypocritical?  that was Ice Cube not O'Shea Jackson.. People forget this is music.  Its not real life.  He never said, I did this in real life. He's a rapper.  Who cares if he's real or not.  Every single gangsta rapper says he'll kill somebody in theyre raps, but nobody ever has.  
He was the best at painting visual pictures with his rhymes, and it showed the harsh life of the ghetto.  If he went to a mostly white school, that makes his lyrics even more impressive to me.  If u guys think he's talking about stuff he has no idea about, even though he grew up in South Central during the hieght of gang culture, then thats your opinion... But from the late 80's to the early 90's he was the best gangsta rapper out.  Note I said Gangsta Rapper not Gangsta!  
I mean if you guys want to see a really good gangster movie, do you want real gangters acting in it?  Or do you want really good actors who can portray the role good?  Imagine the movie Scarface, with some real gangster.. That shit would suck ass! lol  
If u guys care about who's the hardest man in real life.. Stop listening to rap, and go take a trip to the hood and talk to your local gangbanger!  This is fucking music, its an art!
Ice Cube is over 40 years old now, he's making really good money as an actor.  He has no business acting hard every where he goes anymore.  He's more of a consious/political rapper now, but his music is still street.  If your under 20 years old, all you probably know him for is his comedy movies.  

Preach
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

fabtoxicp

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2010, 02:08:57 PM »
I mean if you guys want to see a really good gangster movie, do you want real gangters acting in it?
absolutley - if the gangsters recieves training in acting - the gagnster outweighs any actor, for a role as a criminal in any movie. there' a reason why former criminals like Danny Trejo's been in almost 200 movies.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2010, 02:10:37 PM »
real talk
so if someone portarys somethin they arent...thats wrong right?
if someone makes muzik that they dont believe in or not what they feel as to be what they like, thats wrong right?

I mean if you guys want to see a really good gangster movie, do you want real gangters acting in it?
absolutley - if the gangsters recieves training in acting - the gagnster outweighs any actor, for a role as a criminal in any movie. there' a reason why former criminals like Danny Trejo's been in almost 200 movies.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2010, 02:17:42 PM »
i think every1 prefers the real deal over some imposter. not sayin dat rappers who never banged, can't do good gangsta-music. not sayin dat actors, dat never did criminal shit, can't portray criminlas in movies.

just sayin, the real deal is always the best deal..
dat's why, so many of us like Scarface, Beanie Sigel, 2pac etc.. for example

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2010, 02:19:10 PM »
yeah real talk
but why people accept cube when he started gangsta and then went and became a family man? lol
he was once a gansta right, or at least potrayed to be one?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2010, 02:45:18 PM »
Seriously doubt cube would b scared of gmalone. I thought the og story wasthere was a bunch of goons outside the store n cube was a lil nervous

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2010, 02:57:27 PM »

that aint dre...thats nick cannon

So basically, hes saying Cube is a studio gangsta?

Is Dr Dre a studio gangster.

this dre?

Cube

dexter

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2010, 03:58:29 PM »
Glasses Malone: I've always stated that I've never had personal problems with Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube. Snoop Dogg is one of my favorite rappers and Ice Cube influenced my style. You can hear Ice Cube in my style. I don't think it was ever an issue of me not liking or disrespecting them but I am a competitive dude and I come up under their reign of competitive nature. The veterans are very competitive with each other. Naturally I come in to this business as a competitor, especially if that artist is not responsible for my career. I want to be as dope as Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube, damn it. I didn't get in to this business to be below anybody. That competitive nature on the microphone tends to make me an outcast.

Ice Cube, I don't know if I will ever get that collaboration because him and Mack 10 aren't seeing eye to eye anymore – and I'm Hoo-Bangin' to the motherf****in' fullest. As long as those two aren't getting along, I can't see myself ever working with Cube. Plus, Kam is my mentor – so who knows how all of that is going to work out. There is no disrespect though. A video surfaced online saying that I said Ice Cube was scared when I first met him – and he was! He was in a Watts V.I.P. Records Store and he was not comfortable. It was weird to me because he's f***in' Ice Cube the Predator! He's supposed to be the Predator. You would think he would be comfortable in any environment. In the West Coast Connection group he was the “Killa” out of the Gangsta and the Dope Dealer. It was awkward to me and that's when I first learned that making music is just music. I admit that being a kid and having all of his albums that I believed he was what he said in his music. Saying that though is not calling him out or disrespecting his name. I was speaking as a fan meeting his favorite artist – anybody would be shocked. That's like someone meeting Too $hort and him being respectful to women (laughs). You expect Too $hort to call a woman a b***h because he's Too $hort. People can get sensitive in this business but Ice Cube has to know that I don't mean no disrespect. I'm your favorite f***in' fan goddammit!

Dumb logic. The song actually is a social commentary on how media and people blame gangsta rap, urban images on the problems of the world. Scared or uncomfortable is relevant. Let's put it context, $30mil $- $40mil in the bank, studio mogul, rapper, father, husband, a true brand. Upstart, knucklehead, potential problem standing next to you. Do you risk your freedom to prove a point. "I'm tough, I'm hard!" You can't even confirm it happened like that. So it was awkward for G Malone, but cube is uncomfortable. Maybe. But awkward and uncomfortable can be synonyms. So they felt the same. WC hasn't sold many records compared to cube but he keeps dropping them and Mack 10 can't guarantee your release. I like G Malone, but he needs to be a little more thoughtful with his words because that is a simple reason to end up stifled in the rap game.
Great POST 8)

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2010, 04:26:38 PM »
Has G Malone dropped an album yet?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2010, 04:27:41 PM »
you tryna be cool? lol

Has G Malone dropped an album yet?
Cube