Author Topic: DubCNN... my favorite site, yet my worse critics  (Read 1060 times)

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
Re: DubCNN... my favorite site, yet my worse critics
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 01:16:15 PM »
The truth is i really do like Glasses i think that he's a tight ass rapper im just afraid that he's gonna be in the same class as Bishop and Crooked I i think think that these guys have alot of talent but are just blackballed or something no hating here I like Bishop i love that song Havoc and Crook Boom Boom Clap is the shit but fuck we want an album how much time must we wait no Bishop no Crook no Glasses no Detox Fuck come on.

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Matty

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 01:31:45 PM »
did you get any music from dj quik, regardless of whether it was a 'hit' or not?

Jome

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 01:45:28 PM »
Lame attack.
Lame attack 2.
Lame reply.

Deleted this SHIT.. you can attack each other over PM, or get the fuck out of here.

On topic:

The G.Malone I like: The tracks he did with Xzibit, Ras Kass, Butch Cassidy, Jayo, Akon, Mack 10, Statik Selektah, Ya Boy, Kam, Game + solo tracks with dope production. Not necessarily because most of them are West coast, but because they're all quality artists.

The G.Malone I hate: jumping on the so-called bandwagon, working with Lil Wayne, Baby, Rick Ross.. can't stand neither of these, they all sound terrible, they can ruin ANY track. Sadly, I understand this is where the $$$ is at right now, hopefully it's a trend that will end soon.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 01:46:54 PM »
real talk jome....again it has nuthin to do wit the era
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

acgrundy

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 01:53:03 PM »
The problem with all these "New West" rappers is that they think the rap game is what it was 15 years ago or so.  They think they are going to come out and get some multi million dollar record deal and become a celebrity.  Times have changed.  People barely buy cd's anymore, AND the industry is straight saturated with people trying to put out a record.  Becoming a rapper now, isn't the same as when snoop dogg or ice cube entered the scene.

Even if a rapper is dope and has great lyrics, that hardly even matters.  Record companies don't give a shit about anything other than making profits.  And so these rappers want to make the money too, so they go and get whoever is hot and put them on the album.  Now, is that a bad business move?  No, of course not.  But does good music come out of it?  Not usually.

I checked out Glasses Malone on the white lightening mixtape, and I loved the song therapy music.  I also like that recent song w/ mack 10 and butch cassidy.  For the most part I don't like new rap music, and therefore I don't really check out the new west rappers, but I did like G Malone.  However I would never even care to check out new music collaborated with lil wayne, or these other guys who still sell records and are adored by 15 year olds.

Rappers who want to go the route of "selling out", that is fine...everybody's gotta get their money.  But there is opportunity cost with everything, and most the time with selling out, it is money over quality music.

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 02:19:45 PM »

I don't think most of the people commenting negatively ever heard the full interview with Joe Budden that this stemmed from ?
Malone clearly made the point that Cube was his hero and he was dissappointed when he met him. Some ran with the portion about Ice Cube and disregarded the context that this was said. If being honest makes you wrong, then fuck it....BTW thanks for taking the time to connect with this forum as many DO NOT.
Keep doing your thing Malone, you NEVER will be able to please everyone.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 03:04:32 PM »
G. Malone is like the Bishop Lamont of Cash Money.

A dude signed to represent a certain coast but at the same time not doin anything.

I bumped G. Malone shit back when he was with Game and did Westcoast hip-hop. Fuck this south shit.

Get back on yo shit and see your following grow!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 03:06:48 PM »
thats all im sayin and people want to say its a different era...lol
he came in makin a certain type of muzik and it changed cuz he signed to one of the worst rappers label....and made muzik like them

A dude signed to represent a certain coast but at the same time not doin anything.

I bumped G. Malone shit back when he was with Game and did Westcoast hip-hop. Fuck this south shit.

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 03:15:53 PM »

lol yeah thats exactly what happened. Aint got nothin to do with era. If an artist just stays true to his shit and keeps grindin like a muhfucka he will sell. Im sorry but I have to mention Lil Wayne in this. Not to say only SOUTH artists sell but that dude grinded like a motherfucker for 2 full years and he became a superstar while makin the same music he always did!

So can any other dude with talent and SOME main stream appeal. Just look at Ya Boy. He could have blowed the fuck up and now he has the chance again because he kept grindin. Doin WEST shit. IMO the quality dropped but he stayed true to his shit and now hes signed to Konvict, which I believe will let him do West music with few exceptions cause of how majors work.

he came in makin a certain type of muzik and it changed cuz he signed to one of the worst rappers label....and made muzik like them

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 03:18:49 PM »
well i agree wit the era part and thats it....but tell that to everyone else that says otherwise....they like makin excuses but they makin excuses for....for someone that is now admittin they were wrong...lose/lose situation

lol yeah thats exactly what happened. Aint got nothin to do with era. If an artist just stays true to his shit and keeps grindin like a muhfucka he will sell. Im sorry but I have to mention Lil Wayne in this. Not to say only SOUTH artists sell but that dude grinded like a motherfucker for 2 full years and he became a superstar while makin the same music he always did!

So can any other dude with talent and SOME main stream appeal. Just look at Ya Boy. He could have blowed the fuck up and now he has the chance again because he kept grindin. Doin WEST shit. IMO the quality dropped but he stayed true to his shit and now hes signed to Konvict, which I believe will let him do West music with few exceptions cause of how majors work.

Cube

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 03:19:37 PM »
Lame attack.
Lame attack 2.
Lame reply.

Deleted this SHIT.. you can attack each other over PM, or get the fuck out of here.

On topic:

The G.Malone I like: The tracks he did with Xzibit, Ras Kass, Butch Cassidy, Jayo, Akon, Mack 10, Statik Selektah, Ya Boy, Kam, Game + solo tracks with dope production. Not necessarily because most of them are West coast, but because they're all quality artists.

The G.Malone I hate: jumping on the so-called bandwagon, working with Lil Wayne, Baby, Rick Ross.. can't stand neither of these, they all sound terrible, they can ruin ANY track. Sadly, I understand this is where the $$$ is at right now, hopefully it's a trend that will end soon.

Real muthafuckin talk

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

fabtoxicp

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 03:36:12 PM »

in order to sell n do numbers niggas gotta adapt themselves to the rules of the game - hence, doin south-type-of-music and t-pain-featured singles. to be relevant, u gotta do relevant shit.
u CAN do only u, n still do numbers, but only if u manage to change the game n make niggas do u (the type of music u do) or by havin a big following.
every nigga u like, gon take this route - havin lilwayne and t-pain on there shit - whether it be glassesmalone or whoever - it's jsut the way it is. cus if they dont, they're fallin away from the limelight.

and lilwayne been a superstar since 1997, he's an o.g. - believe it or not. he became an international supesrtar 3 years ago, tho
n he became an international superstar by changin himself and adapting himself. before dat, he was makin dat NO/boune type of shit..

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 05:04:30 PM »

in order to sell n do numbers niggas gotta adapt themselves to the rules of the game - hence, doin south-type-of-music and t-pain-featured singles. to be relevant, u gotta do relevant shit.
u CAN do only u, n still do numbers, but only if u manage to change the game n make niggas do u (the type of music u do) or by havin a big following.
every nigga u like, gon take this route - havin lilwayne and t-pain on there shit - whether it be glassesmalone or whoever - it's jsut the way it is. cus if they dont, they're fallin away from the limelight.

and lilwayne been a superstar since 1997, he's an o.g. - believe it or not. he became an international supesrtar 3 years ago, tho
n he became an international superstar by changin himself and adapting himself. before dat, he was makin dat NO/boune type of shit..

LMAO

ice cube = og
dr dre = og
snoop = og
dj quik = og

lil wayne is a new jack compared to these niggas
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

fabtoxicp

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010, 05:20:54 PM »
no, he isn't. lilwayne was doin features on mainstream-albums in 1995, 3 years after snoop did his debut.
he is an o.g. - i understand dat it's hard for some niggas to believe, cus he still young.. but lilwayne got a loooong fuckin history. believe it

if ur age is right, u would kno No Limit and cash Money had the late 90's on lock. he was a part of dat whole era as a teenager, wit Hot Boyz, goin triple platinum and becoming a millionaire when he was like 13 years old..
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 05:27:04 PM by fabtoxicp »

MisterX

• 'G'
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 05:43:53 PM »
I don't know how the radio game works but 50 cent was saying Universal was spending money to get Drakes song played, so if they spent money to get Glasses song played then wouldn't that mean the song would chart?