Author Topic: The Official World Cup South Africa 2010 Discussion Thread  (Read 14397 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Official World Cup South Africa 2010 Discussion Thread
« Reply #630 on: July 11, 2010, 03:06:55 PM »
Another boring game to end the boring World Cup. Congrats to Spain I guess.

Digital Pimpin'

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #632 on: July 11, 2010, 06:35:08 PM »
So fucking happy ;D for once the best team in the world actually wins the 2 major trophies 8) Congrats to Spain

I don't see why people are moaning over the sending off/elia dive, Netherlands were lucky to have finished the 1st half with 11 men let alone extra time with 10. How many fouls does Van Bommel have to commit before he gets a second yellow? two of his fouls could of easily been red cards on there own and De Jongs foul karate kick was even worse lol Howard Webb had a shocker imo

Before the match i didn't mind whoever won as i'm a fan of both but Netherlands were shite, they played football for 15 mins realised it wasn't working so they just starting playing dirty, couldn't be more happy they lost

Elano

« Reply #633 on: July 11, 2010, 09:32:01 PM »
 ;D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TO4bXWAHrwQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TO4bXWAHrwQ</a>

Elano

« Reply #634 on: July 11, 2010, 11:54:16 PM »

Spain hero Andres Iniesta has dedicated his goal to the memory of stricken friend Dani Jarque after they claimed the World Cup with a 1-0 win over Netherlands after extra-time in Johannesburg.

Jarque, a former Espanyol footballer died last year in Italy while on pre-season training for the Blanc i Blau and after netting the winner in extra-time the 26-year-old Barcelona midfielder revealed a message on his shirt which read "Dani Jarque is always with us".

"The manner in which it happened, we gave everything. To win the World Cup there are no words to describe it," an emotional Iniesta told Spanish television moments after the final whistle.

"This is for Dani Jarque, for my family for all of the people. It is the result of hard work over a long time and some difficult moments."

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #635 on: July 12, 2010, 06:09:34 AM »
;D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TO4bXWAHrwQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TO4bXWAHrwQ</a>

that guy at the end in that red shirt looks like sarkozy lol
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #636 on: July 12, 2010, 07:16:53 PM »
Spain, by the very virtue of their results, were worthy winners but they werent the best team in the tournament. NOWHERE NEAR. Maybe on paper theyre one of them, but their performances were below par and their route to the final was fairly easy for them.

Spain 1-0 Portugal
Spain 1-0 Paraguay
Spain 1-0 Germany
Spain 1-0 Holland

Sorry, but thats not entertainment. For a team that trade off the idea theyre this great attractive exciting passing football side, they were utterly dull and run-of-the-mill for most of the tournament.

Fairplay to them for winning, even with one of their stars like Torres playing a nightmare, but there were so many more entertaining teams in the cup than them.

Lunatic

« Reply #637 on: July 12, 2010, 09:43:02 PM »
^ there only "easy route game" was Paraguay. Portugal, Germany and Holland are world class teams.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Elano

« Reply #638 on: July 13, 2010, 12:54:07 AM »
Spain, by the very virtue of their results, were worthy winners but they werent the best team in the tournament. NOWHERE NEAR. Maybe on paper theyre one of them, but their performances were below par and their route to the final was fairly easy for them.

Spain 1-0 Portugal
Spain 1-0 Paraguay
Spain 1-0 Germany
Spain 1-0 Holland

Sorry, but thats not entertainment. For a team that trade off the idea theyre this great attractive exciting passing football side, they were utterly dull and run-of-the-mill for most of the tournament.

Fairplay to them for winning, even with one of their stars like Torres playing a nightmare, but there were so many more entertaining teams in the cup than them.

LMFAO. Nowhere near,sure  ::) :D

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #639 on: July 13, 2010, 01:23:01 AM »
Thrashings usually happen when one side can easily exploit the other team's weak points.  Brazil 3-0 vs Chile (Chile attacks too much and pressures a lot, creating many spaces), Germany vs Argentina 4-1 (weak sidebacks, since they're really center backs and lack of defensive midfield).  It's a major tournament for fuck's sake, I want to see intense matches that end 1-0, 2-1 etc.  Tell me it isn't a work of art to see Xavi run the team, this guy sees plays a few passes ahead of time.  The only thing I would wanted to see from this Spain side more was the attempt to shoot more outside the box, specifically from Iniesta and Xavi but these players are obviously pass no matter what almost.  I still prefer a low scoring Spain that holds the ball to a low scoring cagey side that doesn't have good possession football.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #640 on: July 13, 2010, 04:25:17 AM »
Thrashings usually happen when one side can easily exploit the other team's weak points.  Brazil 3-0 vs Chile (Chile attacks too much and pressures a lot, creating many spaces), Germany vs Argentina 4-1 (weak sidebacks, since they're really center backs and lack of defensive midfield).  It's a major tournament for fuck's sake, I want to see intense matches that end 1-0, 2-1 etc.  Tell me it isn't a work of art to see Xavi run the team, this guy sees plays a few passes ahead of time.  The only thing I would wanted to see from this Spain side more was the attempt to shoot more outside the box, specifically from Iniesta and Xavi but these players are obviously pass no matter what almost.  I still prefer a low scoring Spain that holds the ball to a low scoring cagey side that doesn't have good possession football.

I have to agree with Duke to a certain extent. Xavi made the most passes in the tournament and that was always gonna happen because Spain play similar to Barca.

Inter knocked Barca out the CL because they knew shite, slow, unpenetrative possession isn't always the most important thing in a game.

Luckily for Spain they were under par but still managed to come out champions.

Don't get it twisted, on paper for me they still have the best starting X1 in the world by a mile but they were unimpressive as fuck.
NO MORE WAR

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #641 on: July 13, 2010, 06:29:03 AM »
To me the most impressive team was Brazil, but Brazil just had the weakest 30 min of the entire tournament and they're gone.  Yet, I'm also certain everybody would say Brazil was boring and not entertaining enough. 

Basically, in major tournaments teams don't allow you to play entertaining football.  If Argentina or Germany would have taken Spain's route, they wouldn't have made it to the Semi's

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #642 on: July 13, 2010, 07:22:19 AM »
To me the most impressive team was Brazil, but Brazil just had the weakest 30 min of the entire tournament and they're gone.  Yet, I'm also certain everybody would say Brazil was boring and not entertaining enough. 

Basically, in major tournaments teams don't allow you to play entertaining football.  If Argentina or Germany would have taken Spain's route, they wouldn't have made it to the Semi's

No I actually completely agree with what youve just said about Brazil. Going forward they were spectacular. And I liked how they defended, they transformed defence to attack on the counter very quickly. And with flair.

That 30 mins was a shame, as I'm certain they'd have been able to beat Spain if they met.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #643 on: July 13, 2010, 08:18:08 AM »

No I actually completely agree with what youve just said about Brazil. Going forward they were spectacular. And I liked how they defended, they transformed defence to attack on the counter very quickly. And with flair.

That 30 mins was a shame, as I'm certain they'd have been able to beat Spain if they met.

Kudos then my friend.  It was really tiring to see every tv pundit that I would watch say, "Brazil under Dunga is boring football"  and it was driving me insane. 

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #644 on: July 13, 2010, 10:01:45 AM »
True about Brazil. Was most impressed by them and Argentina but Argentina's defense was too weak to be a serious contender. But Brazil had it all, strong defense and a killer offense with nice fluid transitions (basically a national team version of Inter). Even against Dutch they were killing it until that own goal and then complete blackout. Was very disappointed by that, they started playing like 10 year olds all panicking.

Spain was meh. I mean the EU 08 Spain was brilliant but this one not so much. They had this years Barca system when they're dragging the ball in the defense, tiring the opponent, not too nice to watch. And they had an easy group and an easy route to the finals (Germany's tactics was completely wrong). And even against Dutch they could've easily lost, luck was definitely on their side.