Author Topic: LT to the Jets!  (Read 627 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
LT to the Jets!
« on: March 14, 2010, 03:58:48 PM »
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/14/tomlinson-agrees-to-two-year-deal-with-jets/

The New York Jets reached an agreement with free-agent RB LaDainian Tomlinson Sunday on a two-year contract, according to a league source.

Tomlinson met with both the Minnesota Vikings and Jets this week before returning to San Diego on Saturday to mull over his options.

Tomlinson is expected to serve as a compliment to second-year RB Shonn Greene in New York. The Jets lost their own free agent, RB Thomas Jones, who last week signed a two-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs.

considering how many touches Shonn Greene got last year behind Jones, LT will have plenty of chances to prove himself. 8)

i hope LT has some solid carries left in him! 8)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: LT to the Jets!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 04:28:19 PM »
Ida kept Thomas Jones at this point...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 04:29:46 PM »

our run attack was def. better with Jones, but add LT & the return of Leon & it's allll gravy.

i'm just happy we got someone & hopefully LT is completely finished.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 04:38:45 PM »

our run attack was def. better with Jones, but add LT & the return of Leon & it's allll gravy.

i'm just happy we got someone & hopefully LT is completely finished.

yeah.  The one thing LT gives u that Jones didnt...is a decent receiving option out of the backfield for Sanchez.  But Jones is a much more punishing back for defenses to have to tackle all game.  Its a good pickup for the Jets tho...given the fact that Jones isnt there anymore.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

thisoneguy360

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 05:14:57 PM »

Same, but this is a solid pick up as long as Washington can stay healthy.

Jaydc

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 06:49:32 AM »
Actually,jones was in no way a punsihing back.Seems odd considering the guy is a physical specimen but its true.Having watched almost every jets game for the last almost ten years I can say Jones was not that great.His numbers are extremely inflated because of the jets o line,which could be the best line in football.Often he would run to where hed think he would get tackled and just dive to the spot.It was so frustrating to watch.Then one out of every 15 carries or so hed break a larger run thanks to the great line of the jets.But between those all his runs were 2-3 yards were as someone like greene,an actual punishing back would get 5-6.This was evidenced in the colts game in the afc championship,where greene looked poised to have a big game until his injury,when jones came in he was completely ineffective.

If jones had returned he would have to accept that he would no longer be the number one.The problem with that is jones doesnt want that,hes stated before he needs at least 25 carries a game.And with the emergence of greene thats not going to happen.

As far as lt is concerned,I like the move.he knows what his role is going to be on the team,a 3rd down back who catches out of the backfield.Imagine 3rd down when the jets line up and have leon washington and tomlinson coming out of the backfield,tell me that doesnt create some match up problems for teams defenses.

Its obvious lt isnt the same back he was but at the same time I think he will have a good year for the jets.The chargers philosphy completely changed the last two seasons,they went from having tomlinson and the running game being their focus to rivers and the passing game.Marty schottenheimer ran a great run structure and the o line was solid.But the last two seasons their o line has been mediocre at best,often times youd see lt get tackled in the backfield.I think behind the jets dominant o line hes going to do well and I wouldnt be surprised if jones has a bad year with teh chiefs.

Jaydc

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 06:51:23 AM »

Same, but this is a solid pick up as long as Washington can stay healthy.

Well he doesnt have a history of injury problems,it was just one of those freak in juries that can happen to anyone at anytime.Broken bones heal better then tendons and ligaments so I dont see it being a problem.But,anything can happen to any player on any given play.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 09:10:49 AM »
This works well for both parties because while he'll come in as a the second runner there's room for him to prove himself and become the starter. That means, unless he's really washed up, that LT will be trying the like the devil out there. The worst case scenario is you have LT when Greene and Washington are tired and that's amazing.

Jaydc

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 11:37:44 PM »
And lt is not jones replacement as many people seem to think.Greene is jones replacement,lt is just a 3rd back for insurance.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 03:28:21 AM »
but is LT still good and some say hes hof but do you really think he can actually make  playing football  sundays in nfl like he has been doing?
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 08:04:55 AM »
but is LT still good and some say hes hof but do you really think he can actually make  playing football  sundays in nfl like he has been doing?

How can you deny the value of LT as a third back? You're talking crazy. There isn't a team in the history of the league that has/had a 3rd string RB better than LT is right now.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 09:57:12 AM »
it's hard to call any of the three first, second or third strings.

i think they'll all get somewhat equal distribution of the ball, counting screens & such.

Shonn Greene will likely take the most carries but it's not about stats, it's about the running back package as a whole putting up the numbers.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 10:53:06 AM »
shallow that aint me sayin....lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 12:01:34 PM »
It'll be interesting to see how LT does, how good is the Jets O Line in comparison to San Diego's?

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 12:03:42 PM »
jets>>>>>>

It'll be interesting to see how LT does, how good is the Jets O Line in comparison to San Diego's?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.