Author Topic: LT to the Jets!  (Read 625 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: LT to the Jets!
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 08:53:12 AM »
what teams arent build around a qg? lol

The Colts and that's it. They draft to two things compliment the pass game and pass rush. The entire philosophy the Colts, since Peyton got there has been score early and make the opponent pass to come from behind. They put no effort into a complicated pass D, run D, power run, blocking scheme, etc. No other team in the league relies as much on QB play by their star. Not New England who lose brady and go 11-5. Not NO who needed Greg Williams defense to get over the hump. Not Pitt who is a D first team. Not the Giants who were a D first run first team, not Tampa, and not Baltimore.

Every team wants a franchise QB. bu the Colts are the only team that are built to expect that franchise QB play at an MVP level the whole way, and that doesn't happen. The Colts were not prepared for the Saints and that's why they lost. They play with no fire or killer instinct. They think they can just peacefully walk into a Superbowl. If not for Grossman they would have lost that SB, and if not for countless second half mistakes by NE they wouldn't even have made the SB.

Manning on Minnesota could very well 4-peat.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2010, 10:44:04 AM »
If you enough talent to get to the Super Bowl, you have the talent to win it. Just ask the Giants.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2010, 10:55:44 AM »
If you enough talent to get to the Super Bowl, you have the talent to win it. Just ask the Giants.

yeah, if you could theoretically go 18-0, what is the difference between those first 18 games & the Super Bowl?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2010, 12:34:17 PM »

The Colts have the talent, they just don't use it. They were beating up the Saints in the first quarter playing man to man. Then for reasons unknown they diverted back to cover 2 and stuck with it after multiple failed attempts at stopping the Saints. I've said it before the '09 Colts coached by Cowher, Parcells, or Gruden would have 19-0 easy.

But Dungy's laxed approach was brought into full form on Superbowl Sunday and we saw what it's made of. Like I said; Dungy style football is only effective in big games when the other team makes very bad mistakes. I don't have any issue with anyone on the Colts roster, except that they've never drafted a first round 6'5 WR or a bruiser 230 lbs RB. It's a fast defense that is begging to make plays but the Polian/Dungy and now Caldwell philosophy is going to kill them every year.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2010, 06:27:14 PM »
yeah but thats crazy did anyone see lil mannin comin thru to win a superbowl?
and make it no mistake about it...he won it wit his team, cuz thats a team effort wit their club
key players
plax
mannin
mike
tuck
shockey

i mean...lol

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 06:35:02 PM »
^yeah, but if a Wildcard team can win; the "shoulda-been" 18-0 team should be able to win the last game.

"the greatest team ever" should be able to win the last one; if you can potentially win 25(? i forgot) games straight, you can't win 26?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2010, 08:05:15 PM »
^yeah, but if a Wildcard team can win; the "shoulda-been" 18-0 team should be able to win the last game.

"the greatest team ever" should be able to win the last one; if you can potentially win 25(? i forgot) games straight, you can't win 26?

The way the the team was coached they got lucky in a lot of those wins at 14-0. Cowher would have made more of them convincing wins. The team can play tight D when asked, but when you don't ask....

And Walk On, the Giants didn't win because Eli stepped up. Eli didn't play better than Peyton did this past SB. If the Saints were held to 14 points the Colts would have won.  Peyton gave that game a chance at victory. Any other QB and it wouldn't come down to a pick 6 and a dropped TD. It would have been 6-6 at half, and then 24-12 maybe to end it off. Maybe 31-12.

Jaydc

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2010, 12:10:54 AM »
It'll be interesting to see how LT does, how good is the Jets O Line in comparison to San Diego's?

Its not even close,the jets have argueably the best o line in football.Thjey have three probowlers on the left side,and the right side is the side they love to run to with their number one rushing attack in the league.It made pedestrian thomas jones have elite stats.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2010, 06:44:24 AM »
yeah but the sb isnt the same game...time...location....that all matters and what also matters
teams get nervous, or they get tired....everythin comes into play otherwise why wouldnt they want to win......it aint easy and it aint as easy as it was for them to win all those 25 str8

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2010, 08:19:59 AM »
yeah but the sb isnt the same game...time...location....that all matters and what also matters
teams get nervous, or they get tired....everythin comes into play otherwise why wouldnt they want to win......it aint easy and it aint as easy as it was for them to win all those 25 str8

This has nothing to do with the players on the field. The coaches made the Colts lose that game. When they gave up on a successful man to man to play cover 2. When they decided not to disguise any coverage, or blitz once. When they didn't even think an onside kick was possible. And the one long shot they did take was the 50 FG and that would have been better served as a punt. It was a top to bottom coaching mess.

Polian wants to blame the o-line and Dungy wants to blame Garcon, but no one wants to draft top o-line men or trade for star WRs. And no one wants to try for 16-0. If it were up to the players they would have finished that game in NY, win or lose, and that game in Bufallo, win or lose. There's a reason Ditka was so upset, and there's a reason that no Colts team has ever been nearly as good as the 85 Bears. Put Caldwell, and Polian, ad Dungy on those Bears and they lose in the first round of the playoffs.

But, Manning should know all this and Manning, should leave if he wants to finish his career with rings. He still could with the Colts and if he does it with that lackluster organization then maybe he should go down as the best ever, but I can't see it happening with out some major philosophy changes.

Jaydc

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2010, 10:07:35 AM »
Peyton should go to the jets.The number one defense with the number one rushing game and number one o line with him?They would be unbeatable.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2010, 12:24:34 PM »
Peyton should go to the jets.The number one defense with the number one rushing game and number one o line with him?They would be unbeatable.

Can you say back to back 19-0 seasons? Or 4-peat? Jets would have won this year easy. And everyone there is young too. Hell Peyton could go to Indy right now and say trade me for Sanchez for '10 or I'm walking out and playing there in '11. Peyton has 6 good years left. That's more than enough time to get some rings.

We can only dream. We can even dream about an all New York all Manning Superbowl one day. Giants vs the Jets in in New Orleans for the '13 season. Hometown boys go out to Broadway and come home to play each other. C'mon Goodel, make it happen.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2010, 05:32:08 PM »
if the coaches were at fault....how come its cool for them to make mistakes but when players do it....they have to give up their kids life to show their sorry? lol
Cube

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2010, 05:38:42 PM »
if the coaches were at fault....how come its cool for them to make mistakes but when players do it....they have to give up their kids life to show their sorry? lol

I'm not sure the kids life reference is, but the difference between coaching mistakes and playing mistakes is players make mistakes in the heat of the moment. Coaches have all week and in between plays to think of their moves and when they make up a bad game plan and stick with it despite it not working they are at fault. If a WR drops a ball it's a drop, he's not choosing to drop it. If a coach sticks with cover 2 after play after play and refuses to go back to man to man when it had already been successful it's not just a drop, it's choosing to drop the ball. When Caldwell pulled Manning from the Jets game with a 15-10 lead and chose to keep him on the sideline after they lost the lead he chose to lose that game. And to me it's as bad as a QB throwing an INT on purpose.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2010, 01:43:06 PM »
jets do have the best o-line in the NFL, LT will be fine. The Chargers o-line was awful the last few years especially running the ball, Plus the Chargers are a throwing offense, LT will have a good year

The Best of 3 Worlds