Author Topic: My thoughts on Pacquiao/Clottey and Mayweather  (Read 420 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: My thoughts on Pacquiao/Clottey and Mayweather
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 11:46:56 AM »
Mayweather is afraid of Pac. I hope his gambit bites him in the ass and Sugar Shane gets the better of him. This is just classic Floyd though, wait till a fighter is a year out of his prime, then sign the big name, and win. He'll wait another year when Manny is starting to decline, and THEN will take the fight.

I know Mayweather is a good fighter, but he's so boring to watch. I feel like I wasted money every time I chip in on one of his ppvs.

Beside De La Hoya and Marquez (obviously a tune up fight) and a few others early in his career, Floyd has mainly faced boxers in their prime. 

ThaChamp

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 12:46:34 PM »
i fell asleep after the 6th round

it was too damn boring

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 02:50:44 PM »
I bought the fight last night....

Ima start off by saying...Jim Lampley was the most annoying commentator ive ever heard last night.  He should stick to wife beating...

ROFL
Poor dude sits at the sidelines commentating, and can never get a piece of the action. I don't blame him for coming home and slapping the shit outta her for practice.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 07:26:27 PM »
I bought the fight last night....

Ima start off by saying...Jim Lampley was the most annoying commentator ive ever heard last night.  He should stick to wife beating...

ROFL
Poor dude sits at the sidelines commentating, and can never get a piece of the action. I don't blame him for coming home and slapping the shit outta her for practice.

I wonder if he provided commentary while he was whoopin her ass...

"Lampley with a stiff jab to the chin....BANG!  BANG!  BANG!  You wanna throw punches....I'll throw punches! BANG!"
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 07:29:51 PM »
BANG BANG BANG, oh you're not gonna respond Mrs Lampley? Well have some more BANG BANG BANG

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 01:15:56 AM »
No ref to step in and stop that fight though lol.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 10:55:28 AM »
No ref to step in and stop that fight though lol.

BANG!!
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 01:10:37 PM »
Mayweather is afraid of Pac. I hope his gambit bites him in the ass and Sugar Shane gets the better of him. This is just classic Floyd though, wait till a fighter is a year out of his prime, then sign the big name, and win. He'll wait another year when Manny is starting to decline, and THEN will take the fight.

I know Mayweather is a good fighter, but he's so boring to watch. I feel like I wasted money every time I chip in on one of his ppvs.

I guess it depends on the viewer. Cus Ive never felt like I wasted my money on his fights.  But I grew up cheering for fighters like Pernell Whitaker.  So I like watching defensive fighters as well as offensive fighters.  I can appreciate the way Floyd is able to control every single fight he is in.  You NEVER see Floyd fighting the other fighters fight.  He controls the pace.  The fight is always fought on his terms...and he is able to completely confuse fighters in the ring. Its pretty amazing.  With that said, I do think Floyd is a lil worried about facing Pacquiao.  Floyd typically has the fastest hands int he ring....Pacquiao has just as much hand speed....but with more power...and is far more active.  I think that worries Floyd.  He will be tested against Mosley though.  Floyd will have to turn in an A+ performance to beat Sugar Shane.

Yup, boxing is an art, a chess game.  Not just about going out there and throwing enormous punches.