Author Topic: Jay Rock gettin at Cube  (Read 3174 times)

MOON KNIGHT

Re: Jay Rock gettin at Cube
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2010, 04:20:48 PM »

Now on the other hand...Ice Cube has a history of soured relations within' the industry. I don't know how much of this is on Cube but it seems like alot of people who have done business with him in the past don't have alot of good things to say......

Kausion
Da Lench Mob
K-Dee
Mr. Short Khop
Threat
Above The Law
Don Jagwarr

Take it for what it's worth  ;D

can you explain plz what happened with these guys? especially above the law

Soon after leaving NWA, Cube was attending the 1990 New Music Seminar in NY with his crew Da Lench Mob.  Also in attendance were Above The Law who at the time were still signed to Ruthless. In the lobby of the Marriott, (where alot of people visiting the seminar stayed) both crews passed one another leading to fists and chairs being thrown about. Tensions between the two camps had finally risen to the point where someone got "Touched". Accounts of this will of course vary, but most who witnessed this said ATL got the better out of Cube & Co. King Sun of all people ended up helping Mr. Jackson get out of the Marriott in one piece. (These two would also go on to have a fallout, but that's a whole different story) This ultimately led to the removal of Rap from the Seminar. I'm not sure if either parties have ever spoken publicly about this but I do know it's briefly mentioned on the B.M.L interlude from Above The Law's Vocally Pimpin EP.

Above The Law - B.M.L   (fast forward to the 55 second mark)

I can go into detail about other incidents but my intention IS NOT to turn this into an Ice Cube bashing thread.  ;D

elaborate....

I really don't feel like going through the entire list today so since you have Threat in your sig, I'll elaborate on him.

His issues with Cube really stem from the almighty dollar. Threat's first appearance was on Ice Cube's Death Certificate on the track "Color Blind". The track was well received & depending on who you speak with, led to promises being made which were never kept. It didn't help that Threat was friends with Kam who had a falling out with Cube that was well documented. Cypress Hill would later go on to fued with Ice Cube over stolen lyrics. Bad blood ensued....Threat ended up seeing "The nigga he loved to hate" in traffic, which ended up with Cube leaving the scene without some of his possessions...one of which was his Westside Connection chain. Threat passed it to Kam who passed it to B-Real for the infamous House of Blues photo. (I believe Threat speaks on this in the Beef that has the Cypress Hill vs. Ice Cube) I'm sure you can probably figure out, Threat & Cube would never work together again.
In a nutshell....there you have it.  ;)  

thats solo your talkin about homie....not threat.

LOL  ;D You're right. My bad...I watched Beef again after I wrote this....it WAS Solo who took Cube's chain. The rest of this about Threat & Cube is accurate though. I'll edit my original post. Thanks
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 04:24:32 PM by MOON KNIGHT »

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2010, 05:32:38 PM »
Jay, you must not get out much. Nipsey Hussle gets much love. I know folks banging him out in Hawaii, he gets love when he performed out in the OC. He gets love in L.A. and gets support on 2dopeboyz.com amongst other sites as well. Get off the dubcnn boards and got talk a internet walk. And whether or not you liked the new We Are the World (and plenty of ppl did) you still have to be known respectable beyond your peers to even be in the background

Lets have this conversation again if and when nipsey ever drops ana lbum and it fails to sell 5 000 copies first week.You just sound like a fan boy defending nipsey.And nobody liked we are the world who the fuck are you kidding.

And you sound like a moron who never left his mothers couch. Fan boy, no. I just listen to what others say.....unlike you

Who are these others you listen to?Where are these people that liked the new version of we are the world?

What a stupid question, but I'll humor you none the less

"kimmiesarge: I love this song. one thing that bugs me, isn't lil wayne in jail for felony gun charges? how is that a better place for you and me? i guess that is the choice he made. 29 minutes ago"

"Aller69 Wow, Pink took over Steve Perry' part of the song, two of my favorite singers, loved it.

Thank you for not messing this song up like a lot of other coversongs are messed up.
I'm not into rap , but it was done tastefully here and it sounded good so thank you to all the artists involved 39 minutes ago"

"madisonpeak123 i love this song! good luck hati!! 42 minutes ago"

"smartycutieface i love the beginning cuz of justin bieber he was so was miley and nick but in general this is a great song and so are all the singers that sung this song cuz they r trying to send a message.!!! 48 minutes ago"

And that's just a small few of the youtube comments that enjoyed the song, there are plenty more following those as well as comments on different forums and sites that liked it. And it be pointless to point out those I know in real life who enjoyed it. Yes, I am aware that there are plenty people who didn't like it but to say and act like there aren't plenty out there that do like it is ignorant and biased. Argument over and ceased!
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2010, 05:48:27 PM »
Jay, you must not get out much. Nipsey Hussle gets much love. I know folks banging him out in Hawaii, he gets love when he performed out in the OC. He gets love in L.A. and gets support on 2dopeboyz.com amongst other sites as well. Get off the dubcnn boards and got talk a internet walk. And whether or not you liked the new We Are the World (and plenty of ppl did) you still have to be known respectable beyond your peers to even be in the background

Lets have this conversation again if and when nipsey ever drops ana lbum and it fails to sell 5 000 copies first week.You just sound like a fan boy defending nipsey.And nobody liked we are the world who the fuck are you kidding.

And you sound like a moron who never left his mothers couch. Fan boy, no. I just listen to what others say.....unlike you

Who are these others you listen to?Where are these people that liked the new version of we are the world?

"kimmiesarge: I love this song. one thing that bugs me, isn't lil wayne in jail for felony gun charges? how is that a better place for you and me? i guess that is the choice he made. 29 minutes ago"

"Aller69 Wow, Pink took over Steve Perry' part of the song, two of my favorite singers, loved it.

Thank you for not messing this song up like a lot of other coversongs are messed up.
I'm not into rap , but it was done tastefully here and it sounded good so thank you to all the artists involved 39 minutes ago"

"smartycutieface i love the beginning cuz of justin bieber he was so was miley and nick but in general this is a great song and so are all the singers that sung this song cuz they r trying to send a message.!!! 48 minutes ago"

And that's just a small few of the youtube comments that enjoyed the song, there are plenty more following those as well as comments on different forums and sites that liked it. And it be pointless to point out those I know in real life who enjoyed it. Yes, I am aware that there are plenty people who didn't like it but to say and act like there aren't plenty out there that do like it is ignorant and biased. Argument over and ceased!

have to disagree with you about that we are the world joint dirty,that shit was horrible, the original was 100 times better,that version was like a in living color skit,good that it made money for hati but it's the equivalent of a horrible singer performing a gospel song on the apollo, the fans won't boo it out of respect for the lord but in they mind they thinking damn that muthafucca can't sing and butchered that song yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2010, 05:52:59 PM »

have to disagree with you about that we are the world joint dirty,that shit was horrible, the original was 100 times better,that version was like a in living color skit,good that it made money for hati but it's the equivalent of a horrible singer performing a gospel song on the apollo, the fans won't boo it out of respect for the lord but in they mind they thinking damn that muthafucca can't sing and butchered that song yell

I actually liked it (minus Lil Wayne and the autotune). But you're right, it can't fucks with the original "We Are The World"
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"

Jaydc

« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2010, 05:57:12 PM »
HAHAHAHAH did you just tell me to get out more then use youtube comments to back up your point?HAHAHAHAHA,Man,you can find people that like justin bieber,doesnt mean its good.Your a square ass motherfucker hahahhaha

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2010, 06:02:28 PM »
HAHAHAHAH did you just tell me to get out more then use youtube comments to back up your point?HAHAHAHAHA,Man,you can find people that like justin bieber,doesnt mean its good.Your a square ass motherfucker hahahhaha

God you're stupid. You must have never made it past the fourth grade. What did you ask? Do you remember? Let me refresh you lil ass memory...

"Where are these people that liked the new version of we are the world?" Does that sound familiar you dumb fuck?
You asked a question and I answered in return

Whether you thought it was good or not is strictly based on your own opinion

Jaydc

« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2010, 06:33:27 PM »
Shit for all I know you were the one adding those comments into the youtube lol

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2010, 06:48:52 PM »
Shit for all I know you were the one adding those comments into the youtube lol

Nice response. This is what happens when parents let there children use the internet unsupervised, smh.

Jaydc

« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2010, 06:51:04 PM »
Look,I can tell I offended you by insulting that bum nipsey but theirs no need to get so upset.Just breathe and relax,I know your probably on his street team but hes just another bum rapper.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2010, 06:52:44 PM »
lol at jay...you a fool for the bum comment
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2010, 07:46:41 PM »
Look,I can tell I offended you by insulting that bum nipsey but theirs no need to get so upset.Just breathe and relax,I know your probably on his street team but hes just another bum rapper.

No, but I am offended that I'd get more of an intelligent conversation from your dog than you. You just hate to be proven wrong

I bet you were one of those kids on the playground who every time they were proven wrong in a argument, reverted to mama jokes rather than respond with something intellectual

Jaydc

« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2010, 07:50:19 PM »
So a couple of people on youtube gave it positive reviews.How about this,find me one professional review of the song that is positive.Its my mistake for thinking you would actually bring something refutable to the table.Whats next are you going to refute facts through wikipedia research?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 07:53:02 PM by Special Agent Jaydc M.D. »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #147 on: March 23, 2010, 07:57:39 PM »
damn jay how come you always get into these beefs? lol
radiotube
king petey

So a couple of people on youtube gave it positive reviews.How about this,find me one professional review of the song that is positive.Its my mistake for thinking you would actually bring something refutable to the table.Whats next are you going to refute facts through wikipedia research?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2010, 08:02:09 PM »
i don't want to jump in over here, but are you arguing over the new We Are The World?

you can't really go by Youtube or any other fan-based comments because you don't know who you're talking to. i haven't heard it, so i couldn't tell you whose in it, but all it takes is one fan of "insert artist in that song" & they are going to co-sign the song just because their favorite is in it.

if you go on to Youtube, check the comments of any video you watch; if i watch a Joe Budden video, all the comments are "JOESPH ANTHONY BUDDEN IS THE BEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME"; but if i listen to a Saigon song, the comments are "SAIGON IS THE GREATEST, JOE BUDDEN SUCKS DICK".

people who post on music videos on Youtube are more or less stans who just support their favorites; for example, i don't listen to Gucci Mane at all, so since i'm never listening to his music on Youtube, i wouldn't go out of my to search up a song just to make a comment on it; where if i even had a Youtube account & was browsing around & found new music by an artist i listen to, i might be like, "yeah, this is the shit".

point being, nobody but stans or big fans of artists post comments on Youtube.

Jaydc

« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2010, 08:06:19 PM »
damn jay how come you always get into these beefs? lol
radiotube
king petey

My list is far larger then that lol.One word,its entertaining.