Author Topic: Slaughterhouse to Shady being blocked by e1 and amalgam digital?  (Read 4762 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: Slaughterhouse to Shady being blocked by e1 and amalgam digital?
« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2010, 10:08:07 PM »
Face hates the commercial Wayne industry? Wasn't Lil Wayne on his last album?

You can reiterate the same comments over and over again but without some kind of example, you're not painting much of a picture for me. Even the points I agree with you on, you'd be in dead in the water if left to your own devices to prove. Nobody is arguing that the guy is dope. I'd even give you that he might better than these cats in a lot of these areas but you're talking like like its miles ahead when I don't think that's the case.  

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2010, 10:09:53 PM »
On that note, it's all love and I said my piece.  I hope they all enter golden eras and release massive amounts of music.  Hope the bullshit label crap pulls through and we get another slaughterhouse album backed with even better production.  just blaze beat!?!  yes sir.  hope crooked i gets a dope album out and i'm a take the free shit all day any day.  
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2010, 11:04:39 PM »
so yeah..

shame Slaughterhouse isn't signed to Shady.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #183 on: March 28, 2010, 11:14:01 PM »
Yeah.  Fucking label politics.

outlaw_uk

• 'G'
« Reply #184 on: March 29, 2010, 05:08:10 AM »
Action! -  I actually completly get where you are coming from.

Crooked has bag's of potential of course he has but...

When Suge got out of jail he has kurupt, crook, eastwood etc and I personally got the impression that suge was in fear of releasing them in case they didnt go platinum, something that deathrow of old had prided itself on. I could never understand why they didnt release something to generate buzz and build on it with better promo the next time.

Crooked seems to have the same problem he seems to have been gearing up for his BIG BIG album for over a century!

The amount of of material he must have piled up from over the years, that he clearly will not use for an album because every time he changes the name of his album he says he is starting again.

He could put together a couple of quality albums tomorrow release them for free or cheap digitally and generate more exposure and buzz.

I know he puts out his fair share of freestyles but i am being greedy?
I dont

JohnnyL

« Reply #185 on: March 29, 2010, 06:18:12 AM »
It always comes off as I'm hating on Crooked I but I'm not.  I love Crooked I.  I've nearly downloaded all of his material.  He's gotten better with age.  More or less my opinion on Crooked I is this,

For someone with all that god damn skill it doesn't make any sense why he hasn't released a classic collection of tracks.  I don't care if you have a hit or if you have an official major label album.  Bishop Lamont released free street tapes that I consider classic (Nigger Noize, Caltroit, & The Confessional) and beyond most major label albums.  I feel that Crooked I hasn't tapped into his true potential.  I don't know why but I don't feel like he has shined the way he should.  

The closest artist I can bring up that reminded me of Crooked I is Joe Budden.  Budden felt like a lost artist always ranting on and on but since Slaughterhouse his song crafting has shapened up, and his final product (mixing) has improved.  Granted I haven't heard Great Escape but based on the leaks it's shaping up to be the album of his career.  The one he was destined to make.

I guess I'm just waiting for Crooked I to live up to his shoes and fulfill his destiny.  Sounds corny but best way to describe how I'm feeling as a fan.

Edit:
To clarify I don't love crooked I.  Makes me sound like a stan which should be clear I'm not...at least I don't think I am.  I just think he's a great artists and love his art work.

Double edit:
As for Jay-Z these are the albums that get rotation from me,

Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, Black Album, Kingdom Come, American Gangster, and Blueprint 3

I like BP3.  I don't consider it a classic.  It's a Kanye West album done by Jay-Z.  It's a good album. 

Compared to Nas which I bump damn near every single album but The Firm.

I totally agree with that statement. When I think about how so many rappers have had at least moderate success via the independent or digital route, I'm not sure why Crooked I hasn't tried something like that.  The thing is, even if he put out an independent or digital release and it didn't sell well, I don't think it would hurt him in the long run.  And at the very least, he's getting more material out and thus promoting himself more.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2010, 06:36:25 AM »
yeah he does and you know when he went and got t.i., and wayne and even the petey pablo...that made me look at him differently..but hes still the king of spitters str8 up...wayne wants to be better than jay....not many can be better than face.....thats the difference....
jimmy....whats your list of top 10 rappers of all time....were talkin str8 lyrical here....good lookin if you can do this

Face hates the commercial Wayne industry? Wasn't Lil Wayne on his last album?

You can reiterate the same comments over and over again but without some kind of example, you're not painting much of a picture for me. Even the points I agree with you on, you'd be in dead in the water if left to your own devices to prove. Nobody is arguing that the guy is dope. I'd even give you that he might better than these cats in a lot of these areas but you're talking like like its miles ahead when I don't think that's the case.  
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

MediumL

« Reply #187 on: March 29, 2010, 07:17:42 AM »
these guys stay getting fucked by the record industry
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2010, 08:48:25 AM »
so yeah..

shame Slaughterhouse isn't signed to Shady.

;D
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Jimmy H.

« Reply #189 on: March 29, 2010, 11:43:10 AM »
jimmy....whats your list of top 10 rappers of all time....were talkin str8 lyrical here....good lookin if you can do this
Alright off the top of my grill, I'd say guys that come to mind when I think greatest MC's (as far as being the total package), I'd say, in no order:

2Pac
Notorious B.I.G.
Eminem
Ice Cube
Scarface
Nas
KRS-One
Jay-Z

You asked for lyrical, so I'm assuming you'd mean who I think are the ten greatest lyricists. I'd say

Eminem
Nas
Jay-Z
Rakim
KRS-One
Kurupt
Notorious B.I.G.
Big Pun
Jadakiss
Raekwon

Again, this is me rushing out the door to go to work so I'm probably overlooking some pretty important ones but I'll leave it at that for now and do the correcting when the time comes.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2010, 12:17:58 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/yPdevf4bS9w" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/yPdevf4bS9w</a>

8)

ikke

« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2010, 01:18:14 PM »
2Pac
Notorious B.I.G.
Eminem
Ice Cube
Scarface
Nas
KRS-One
Jay-Z
If you remove KRS & face you get the top 8 lists of 12 year old kids who know nothing of these artists let alone hip hop

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2010, 02:56:00 PM »
^you tryna say Tupac, Nas, Ice Cube & Eminem aren't Top 10 worthy? :D

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2010, 04:37:08 PM »
aite jimmy...ima wait til you lock it in....that big l joint is dope cham...i need to listen to more of his stuff...
big l>>>biggie....lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2010, 09:26:05 PM »
2Pac
Notorious B.I.G.
Eminem
Ice Cube
Scarface
Nas
KRS-One
Jay-Z
If you remove KRS & face you get the top 8 lists of 12 year old kids who know nothing of these artists let alone hip hop
Well, great. Maybe I should add more obscure names that I don't think are as good just so I can seem like a grown-up to people in a hip-hop forum.