Author Topic: New Game Single - It Must Be Me (Produced by Pharrell)  (Read 6613 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Re: New Game Single
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2010, 07:50:42 PM »
What the fuck is wrong with everybody not using their real voice?

Flow's tight, but I don't like Game's voice on this.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: New Game Single - It Must Be Me (Produced by Pharrell)
« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2010, 07:51:51 PM »
Dope Boyz was and still is ass.  Tried too hard to create a jay-z song.  LAX was wack with the exception of a track or two.  I'll say this is already better than most of LAX.

Sounds nothin like a Jay-Z song? Apart from the ''Dope Boys''-hook line that dropped around the same time.

And you seriously didnt like LAX Files, State Of Emergency, Never Can Say Goodbye, Let Us Live, Games Pain, House Of Pain, Cali Sunshine, Bulletproof Diaries . And I gotta mention Big Dreams and Superman even though they were only bonus/leftovers.

You didnt like any of those tracks? SMH

and who puts on a Game song and expects lyrical madness? Not sayin Game is a lyrical retard but come on. Who expects lyrical greatness from him?

I don't expect lyrical greatness but I do expect consistency.  Honestly, he was better lyrically on Doctor's Advocate than LAX.  Again, LAX was an inconsistent poor effort that with the exception of a track or two or was either corny, boring, unoriginal, or at best barely decent.  Game's Pain was the best track off the album.    

Yes, I like Shake.  Yes, I know it doesn't rhyme but it does tell an entertaining story and Game's vocals are on point where as Dope Boyz was him rambling on and on with poor vocals.  I actually prefer Shake's beat more than Dope Boyz's beat too.

But, I've argued this point about LAX to death. I don't like that album which is fine.  I don't think you have to like every single piece of music an artist creates.  I'm already enjoying R.E.D more than I even enjoyed LAX.  
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #182 on: April 15, 2010, 12:51:08 AM »
i kinda like the beat, i forget what it samples though.

WHAT DOES THIS BEAT SAMPLE, ive herd it some where

is it not a similar sample to California love?
that's what i said

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2010, 03:59:29 AM »
ok, i over did it with this track last night....blew by amp...

peeps, just put this in ya car system and crank it up...hits harder than anything i heard in a while

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2010, 04:19:12 AM »
a day later, still loving it. Game sounds sick on this shit. The verses are very un-radio friendly but the hook and beat switch up during the hook sounds like radio would love. Strong album joint, the Justin Timberlake song will take care of the radio and billboard charts. This is a street record mixed with a lil mainstream flavor.

Beat, verses, hook - love it all

The beat switch up is sick to me but y'all hate that the most huh lol

C/S. This is clearly album material compared to Big Money, Shake & rest of the leaks.

red

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2010, 04:19:47 AM »
If Pharrell packed more punch when spit then I would agree that the hook was good but he doesn't sound excited
Totally agree.  I said in one of my posts, that I wish Game would have just did the hook hisself and it would have sounded more cohesive on the song.  He's got the better
voice (& packs more punch when spit).

Paul

« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2010, 05:29:12 AM »
I can't see how everyone is loving this song.

There seems to be something missing in the production. And the hook wouldn't look out of place on a lil Wayne or Gucci mane album.

I do like Games vocals though.
funkyfreshintheflesh

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2010, 09:39:41 AM »

do you know the people who post in this section? :laugh:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/W_w235R1IAc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/W_w235R1IAc</a>

i mean, a majority of people even gave this song a pass. :laugh:

Blood$

« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2010, 09:41:23 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/W_w235R1IAc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/W_w235R1IAc</a>

that one sounds like ass cuz it wasn't the finished version, the final one with Germ Ghee sounds better but the autotune was still unnecessary lol

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2010, 09:57:20 AM »

that one sounds like ass cuz it wasn't the finished version, the final one with Germ Ghee sounds better but the autotune was still unnecessary lol

hahah...Cham's point exactly. Take a song that's pure trash and dubcc will still find some way to defend it if its by game.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2010, 10:01:59 AM »
don't see why you all are hating on the voice/flow can't understand how he jacked someone's flow on this? it's just the only way he felt he could ride the beat. Does the voice annoy you guys that much? i think its unique that he could switch his voice up to many different tones. The hook itsn't that bad as to what people are making it out to be i was expecting something way worse by all of the responses.The beat knocks and is not missing anything

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2010, 11:38:38 AM »

hahah...Cham's point exactly. Take a song that's pure trash and dubcc will still find some way to defend it if its by game.

Thats bullshit. First of all game gets alot of heat on here but there are people who like his music too...thats just the general feeling with him. Second of all the songs not trash at all imo. You thought 21 questions was wack...most people disagree and to be honest, 21 questions was fire. You just could accept it was NOT just a song for bitches, shit was fire. Not everythings gotta be grimey to be dope.

Also Cham why are you clowning on people for liking this? Did you not say this is the best youve heard game sound in a minute? Also i think its funny for someone who bumps relapse, encore, curtis and BISD to mock other peoples taste so easily.

Finaly i think you'll find eminem is the guy who is defended more than any other cat in here because im guessin most cats in here are white and dont know how to vibe to anything that doesnt sound grimey/rigid or got a smooth rhythm to it like with a soul/rnb vibe because they either never had a gf before or try to hard to stay like they feel hiphop that they miss so much music because it might not be as hard as some tracks. like an example of 21 questions...that wasnt just for women, that got major hood love.

Finaly rapsodie, i think you're a good head in here but i disagree with you on this ;-)

Black Friday

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2010, 11:52:56 AM »
Here's the official Promo CDS for y'all:

Game Featuring Pharrell - It Must Be Me (Promo CDS)
Code: [Select]
http://www.mediafire.com/?hnjmyomnygd

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2010, 12:24:33 PM »
^this is the best song i've heard in a while, but that doesn't make it a great song.

it's like a 3/5, which shows you how bad he's been lately if this is the best i've heard in a while. :D

i liked two songs off Curtis, haven't bumped anything from that in at least two years; haven't really touched Encore in a few years, but there are a few good cuts on it; BISD was solid tracks 1-9, but fell off dramatically & Relapse was average, 3.5/5 all the way through; Refill was good though.

Game just been sounding so ridiculously repetative & i'm positive that R.E.D. will have a few songs that will be ill & i'll bump for months, but i can already see that this is likely to be his worst album.

i got hyped hearing about a song produced & featured by Dre, but i can only imagine what Game is going to say on that track; sure to have a shot at 50 Cent for having Dre on his song, sure to mention Dre is on the boards, sure to name drop "The Chronic" album; when music is that predictable, it sounds so fake & makes it harder to like.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2010, 01:01:18 PM »
Game used to be the best at picking beats ... overall this is a decent song but it won't make you hyped about the album