Author Topic: Have you noticed rap videos have become cheaper and crappier?  (Read 755 times)

Paul

Re: Have you noticed rap videos have become cheaper and crappier?
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 03:20:38 PM »
The new Brothe Lynch Hung videos are quality
funkyfreshintheflesh

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 03:33:33 PM »
^ exactly. budgets are low, no doubt about it. the thing is you don't need no budget to have an idea, and videos these days have none, just a bunch of muthafuckas on some background...

btw Tutlock, i liked the fisheye....

me too, but it was a standard by that time, kinda like autotune hooks are now . many of the old rap videos were shot through fish eye and it was great until everyone started imitating .

but i agree with you 100%, the idea is what counts . but i guess it comes with the times, most songs have no real lyrics anyway . and iīm talking about mainstream

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2010, 06:14:03 PM »
I agree with everybody who has been saying it's not the videos these days that suck, it's the ideas behind them.  Come up with an original idea and you will make a dope video regardless of its budget.  But these days hip hop is not about originality but formulas because the labels fear there's so little margin for error i.e. room for experimenting with new ideas.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 07:11:16 PM »
why would a record company invest money in a music video when their albums arent selling?

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 07:24:43 PM »
the early 90's had the best videos and they were low budget..

"nuthin but a g thang"
"shook ones pt. 2"
etc.

i wish videos would be like that again actually showcasing the lifestyle of the city of the artist instead of some green screen room.. smh

Jaydc

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2010, 09:14:08 PM »
low budget is one thing, but the quality sucks a lot of times yes.

it can be done right though:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-MrQtOoQRpc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-MrQtOoQRpc</a>

indeed . i sure as hell donīt miss the late 90s big budget videos where everyone was in a some kind of tube with flashing lights in the background, filmed through a fish eye of course.  puffy started the trend if i remember right and everyone followed. if you donīt get what iīm saying check some ol late 90s rap videos, they were basicly all the same.

you donīt need a big budget to make good videos and films. itīs been proven lots of times and there will always be some low budget films thatīll make their makers rich

Actually it was busta rhymes and hype williams that started that.Check out the video for wooooo hahhh i got you all in check

Jimmy H.

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2010, 10:04:51 PM »
Truthfully, I miss music videos more so for the fact that they kept a lot of these style junkies away from making feature films. Now, we're stuck with movies full of music video images.

Trip Dee

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2010, 01:03:43 AM »

yeadat truedat. + devin's new one...

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2010, 01:50:22 AM »

Actually it was busta rhymes and hype williams that started that.Check out the video for wooooo hahhh i got you all in check

true, forgot about that one . puffy smelled money and jumped on the bandwagon  . 

kinda offtopic ,but that guy is one greedy fucker. when i first saw "iīll be missing you video" and puff daddy dancing i always thought heīs dancing on biggieīs grave or on his way to the bank ,lol . it seemed so phoney, the man made millions from his friendīs death

2euce 7even

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2010, 02:19:44 AM »
I never knew anybody watched music videos anymore.  Are they only played on the net or what?

good q bcuz on the tv, thereīs no music anymore.. all we get is slutty reality shows and wack music.

jaytee

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2010, 02:28:58 AM »
Eminem has some high quality, good music videos.

Too bad his music has become the opposite.

Elkoizm

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2010, 07:36:15 AM »

For real.

EFFeX

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2010, 12:32:34 PM »
I never catch videos anymore unless I dreadfully turn to 106 & Park... but usually you will catch some HALF WAY decent stuff on BET's The Deal. Too bad it's on in the middle of the night.

It's funny though, on channels like MTV Jams and MTV Hits you still see videos for songs you had no idea existed. It's too bad that these are premium channels.

These days you have to be up at 3:00AM to catch a video on MTV, SMH... so much for "Music" Television

Okka

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2010, 12:48:38 PM »
Fuck MTV, it's full of bullshit ass reality shows. Any of y'all remember MTV Base? It was a channel strictly for Rap and R&B music videos.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2010, 01:06:49 PM »
low budget is one thing, but the quality sucks a lot of times yes.

it can be done right though:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-MrQtOoQRpc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-MrQtOoQRpc</a>

indeed . i sure as hell donīt miss the late 90s big budget videos where everyone was in a some kind of tube with flashing lights in the background, filmed through a fish eye of course.  puffy started the trend if i remember right and everyone followed. if you donīt get what iīm saying check some ol late 90s rap videos, they were basicly all the same.

you donīt need a big budget to make good videos and films. itīs been proven lots of times and there will always be some low budget films thatīll make their makers rich

actually the beastie boys used it in the video "shake your rump" before busta yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp