Author Topic: Saturday 9PM ET/6PM PT - Mayweather vs. Mosley  (Read 1658 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Saturday 9PM ET/6PM PT - Mayweather vs. Mosley
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2010, 10:34:01 AM »
Amazing performance by mayweather, easily one of his better ones and he was coming forward too which was a suprise. The guy is just too good, i cant think of a guy even close to him skills wise as a boxer. Pacman fight has to happen though because they are easily the best two guys out there in boxing.

Yeah. To be honest I would have to say this was Floyds best performance Ive ever seen. Ive seen him dominate a fight more than this, but not against this calliber of opponent. And yeah, seeing him actually coming forward was cool.

On a side note, he REALLY should let go of this whole "Money Mayweather" persona that he holds onto. Especially before fights. Ive always talked about how Floyd makes himself out to a big piece of shit before a fight. And I understand what he is doing. I know he is TRYING to build up controversy for the fight because after he wins, he always credits the other boxer as a great fighter...when for weeks before he claims that they arent shit. But this guy would have SO many fans if he didnt come across as such a dickhead. Ali talked a lot of shit, and he had his critics...but he also came across as entertaining and funny. Not to mention he was involved in wars in the ring. Mayweathers style of shit talk just makes him look like an ass...and it has only cost him fans. He's a big draw in boxing, but not as big as some others have been...who were actually just nice guys lol. He's probably sell more tickets by creating another image of himself instead of the one he has been trying to create for years.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2010, 10:59:32 AM »
Amazing performance by mayweather, easily one of his better ones and he was coming forward too which was a suprise. The guy is just too good, i cant think of a guy even close to him skills wise as a boxer. Pacman fight has to happen though because they are easily the best two guys out there in boxing.

Yeah. To be honest I would have to say this was Floyds best performance Ive ever seen. Ive seen him dominate a fight more than this, but not against this calliber of opponent. And yeah, seeing him actually coming forward was cool.

On a side note, he REALLY should let go of this whole "Money Mayweather" persona that he holds onto. Especially before fights. Ive always talked about how Floyd makes himself out to a big piece of shit before a fight. And I understand what he is doing. I know he is TRYING to build up controversy for the fight because after he wins, he always credits the other boxer as a great fighter...when for weeks before he claims that they arent shit. But this guy would have SO many fans if he didnt come across as such a dickhead. Ali talked a lot of shit, and he had his critics...but he also came across as entertaining and funny. Not to mention he was involved in wars in the ring. Mayweathers style of shit talk just makes him look like an ass...and it has only cost him fans. He's a big draw in boxing, but not as big as some others have been...who were actually just nice guys lol. He's probably sell more tickets by creating another image of himself instead of the one he has been trying to create for years.
I personally love the Money May persona, I think having so many fans against him is a good thing, creates contreversy = more buys from those people hoping to see him lose. This fight gained him a shitload of fans, I was watching with about 20 other people, bet half of em and after I took the money they even admitted theyre fans of him now.

Pacquiao needs to man up.

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2010, 11:23:56 AM »

I personally love the Money May persona, I think having so many fans against him is a good thing, creates contreversy = more buys from those people hoping to see him lose. This fight gained him a shitload of fans, I was watching with about 20 other people, bet half of em and after I took the money they even admitted theyre fans of him now.

Pacquiao needs to man up.

Did they watch 24/7? They might go back to hating him then. lol. The thing is, Floyd is solid in the ring....and if you just watched him post fight youd think...."he's a pretty good guy". But pre fight he is a complete ass. It creates some controversy true. Its just a shame that he needs to do THAT to get people to watch. Forever he has been seen as such a boring fighter. I appreciate a skilled boxer...so I watch regardless. But because Floyd fights how he does...AND because he has always chosen to fight fighters that were considered "safe" opponents for him, he has turned alotta fans off. And now has to make himself a jerk to get people to watch him.

Pacquiao wants to fight him. So it isnt a matter of Pacquiao manning up. Floyd needs to stop making excuses and allow the fight to happen. Its always going to be difficult cus Floyd has a pretty bad relationship with Pacquiaos promoter...and the two let their egos get in the way of the fight happening. Pacquaio said he was willing to take the blood tests up to 3 weeks before the fight....he just didnt wanna take them in the 3 weeks right before the fight because he feels that giving blood weakened him against Morales when he lost (and he did not test positive obviously). But he is willing to take one directly after the fight that would prove he wasnt on anything during the fight as well. Floyd knows that Manny has this belief. He has believed it for years. So Floyd is using it as an excuse for the fight not to happen. There is absolutely no basis for accusing Pacquiao of using PED's. Floyds camp is just nervous.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

HipHopISalive

• 'G'
CHARGERS, BLAZERS, CANUCKS, UCLA

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2010, 11:48:27 AM »
Floyd by a landslide 8)

lol Yeah he definetely controlled the fight. But would we have seen you back in this thread if he lost?  :-X

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2010, 12:54:55 PM »
There's a difference in the shit talking with Mayweather too though.  When he was fighting Gatti, he really verbally attacked the dude's boxing skill. Against Marquez, he was pretty quiet and if anything he gave him props before the fight.  The only thing that happened was after the piss drinking, Mayweather made fun of him.  And against Mosley, he never really disrespected his skill or past history it was mainly just making fun of him and saying he won't lose. 

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2010, 01:35:26 PM »
There's a difference in the shit talking with Mayweather too though.  When he was fighting Gatti, he really verbally attacked the dude's boxing skill. Against Marquez, he was pretty quiet and if anything he gave him props before the fight.  The only thing that happened was after the piss drinking, Mayweather made fun of him.  And against Mosley, he never really disrespected his skill or past history it was mainly just making fun of him and saying he won't lose. 

Are u kidding? Saying everything from..."Shane wishes he was me...", "Shane wants to be me", "Shane is just talented, Im gifted", "Shane stop taking those steroids", "Shanes broke", "Shanes got a Jheri Curl", "He cant even get his own nickname", etc..etc. It was all personal attacks. Now like I said....Ali used to do this, but he had the right personality for it...that just made it funny. Floyd just comes across like a phoney jackass.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2010, 01:39:38 PM »

Are u kidding? Saying everything from..."Shane wishes he was me...", "Shane wants to be me", "Shane is just talented, Im gifted", "Shane stop taking those steroids", "Shanes broke", "Shanes got a Jheri Curl", "He cant even get his own nickname", etc..etc. It was all personal attacks. Now like I said....Ali used to do this, but he had the right personality for it...that just made it funny. Floyd just comes across like a phoney jackass.

Nothing phoney about his record though.

Personally in everyday life I don't like arrogance, but I think its both entertaining and necessary in boxing. All boxersSHOULD be arrogant, talk shit and be disrespectful. Thats where it differs to every other sport.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2010, 01:45:57 PM »

Like I said, he never dissed him for his skill.  There's a huge difference.  You think he told Gatti that he has talent?  He said Gatti was going to be easy work. He literally said he doesn't respect Gatti as a boxer. That never was the case with Mosley.  Sure he dissed his suits, his hair style, his nickname, his past ped bs, but never did he say Mosley was a weak boxer. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2010, 01:50:48 PM »
As soon as Mayweather adjusted after a round or two, it was total domination. He knocked the curl outta Sugar Shane's hair.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2010, 01:59:56 PM »
As soon as Mayweather adjusted after a round or two, it was total domination. He knocked the curl outta Sugar Shane's hair.

lol yup

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2010, 02:04:43 PM »

Like I said, he never dissed him for his skill.  There's a huge difference.  You think he told Gatti that he has talent?  He said Gatti was going to be easy work. He literally said he doesn't respect Gatti as a boxer. That never was the case with Mosley.  Sure he dissed his suits, his hair style, his nickname, his past ped bs, but never did he say Mosley was a weak boxer. 

He said in his interview before this fight, that he doesnt respect ANYBODY lol. Again, Floyd just spends too much time making a clown out of himself before fights. And like I said, for years I was a huge supporter. Shit, even now...against any other fighter then Shane or Pacquiao...Id probably pull for Floyd.  And when I was 13 yrs old...he woulda been entertaining to watch talk shit.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2010, 02:08:02 PM »

He said in his interview before this fight, that he doesnt respect ANYBODY lol. Again, Floyd just spends too much time making a clown out of himself before fights. And like I said, for years I was a huge supporter. Shit, even now...against any other fighter then Shane or Pacquiao...Id probably pull for Floyd.  And when I was 13 yrs old...he woulda been entertaining to watch talk shit.

That might have just been Floyd being Floyd saying that.  He was giving props to Marquez before their fight. 

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2010, 02:24:43 PM »

That might have just been Floyd being Floyd saying that.  He was giving props to Marquez before their fight. 

Floyd has been on a campaign it seems of late to try and gain the respect of Mexican boxing fans tho. I think he realized how bad it could hurt him financially if they they all tune out of his fights. Unless he fights a great Mexican fighter...and right now there arent a ton out there that can really draw.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2010, 02:26:28 PM »

Floyd has been on a campaign it seems of late to try and gain the respect of Mexican boxing fans tho. I think he realized how bad it could hurt him financially if they they all tune out of his fights. Unless he fights a great Mexican fighter...and right now there arent a ton out there that can really draw.

Possibly