Author Topic: Saturday 9PM ET/6PM PT - Mayweather vs. Mosley  (Read 1659 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: Saturday 9PM ET/6PM PT - Mayweather vs. Mosley
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2010, 06:09:39 PM »
Amazing performance by mayweather, easily one of his better ones and he was coming forward too which was a suprise. The guy is just too good, i cant think of a guy even close to him skills wise as a boxer. Pacman fight has to happen though because they are easily the best two guys out there in boxing.

Yeah. To be honest I would have to say this was Floyds best performance Ive ever seen. Ive seen him dominate a fight more than this, but not against this calliber of opponent. And yeah, seeing him actually coming forward was cool.

On a side note, he REALLY should let go of this whole "Money Mayweather" persona that he holds onto. Especially before fights. Ive always talked about how Floyd makes himself out to a big piece of shit before a fight. And I understand what he is doing. I know he is TRYING to build up controversy for the fight because after he wins, he always credits the other boxer as a great fighter...when for weeks before he claims that they arent shit. But this guy would have SO many fans if he didnt come across as such a dickhead. Ali talked a lot of shit, and he had his critics...but he also came across as entertaining and funny. Not to mention he was involved in wars in the ring. Mayweathers style of shit talk just makes him look like an ass...and it has only cost him fans. He's a big draw in boxing, but not as big as some others have been...who were actually just nice guys lol. He's probably sell more tickets by creating another image of himself instead of the one he has been trying to create for years.

As well as to create buzz, I think he keeps that as a protection barrier.  Fighters will know how to get in his mind if he starts being humble and talking like he ain't the best.  Also, for CONFIDENCE.  He needs to stay in that kinda headspace so he can shrug shit off easily and keep focused..

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2010, 06:51:20 PM »
Amazing performance by mayweather, easily one of his better ones and he was coming forward too which was a suprise. The guy is just too good, i cant think of a guy even close to him skills wise as a boxer. Pacman fight has to happen though because they are easily the best two guys out there in boxing.

Yeah. To be honest I would have to say this was Floyds best performance Ive ever seen. Ive seen him dominate a fight more than this, but not against this calliber of opponent. And yeah, seeing him actually coming forward was cool.

On a side note, he REALLY should let go of this whole "Money Mayweather" persona that he holds onto. Especially before fights. Ive always talked about how Floyd makes himself out to a big piece of shit before a fight. And I understand what he is doing. I know he is TRYING to build up controversy for the fight because after he wins, he always credits the other boxer as a great fighter...when for weeks before he claims that they arent shit. But this guy would have SO many fans if he didnt come across as such a dickhead. Ali talked a lot of shit, and he had his critics...but he also came across as entertaining and funny. Not to mention he was involved in wars in the ring. Mayweathers style of shit talk just makes him look like an ass...and it has only cost him fans. He's a big draw in boxing, but not as big as some others have been...who were actually just nice guys lol. He's probably sell more tickets by creating another image of himself instead of the one he has been trying to create for years.

As well as to create buzz, I think he keeps that as a protection barrier.  Fighters will know how to get in his mind if he starts being humble and talking like he ain't the best.  Also, for CONFIDENCE.  He needs to stay in that kinda headspace so he can shrug shit off easily and keep focused..

I could see if its for himself. I mean, if somehow it puts HIM in a comfort zone or somethin. But the shit is just annoying and kinda played. You can call it with every fight. Weeks before....here goes Floyd, he's gonna run his mouth and try to totally disrespect the other fighter. Brag and boast about how great HE thinks he is....then after the fight....talk about how great of a champion and a fighter the other guy is. If you wanna create buzz, it wont be by doing that. It would be by genuinly being insane (Tyson) or having a real beef with the other fighter. Other then that...continuously talking about your opponent being a bum...and not anywhere near as good as you, doesnt exactly make people wanna watch it.

One thing I will give him, at least he stopped telling the world he's gonna fuck these guys up...and beat em up, etc. Cus that was pissing people off. Mayweather saying "Ima punish him...Ima hurt him..." etc. Then you have the typical unanimous decision on points with his opponents face looking like its still round 1.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2010, 03:52:21 AM »
Guess what's going to happen if he beats Pac?  Well it's not that impressive, he's supposed to beat the little guy. 

I can see that happening, lol.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2010, 05:46:48 AM »

I could see if its for himself. I mean, if somehow it puts HIM in a comfort zone or somethin. But the shit is just annoying and kinda played. You can call it with every fight. Weeks before....here goes Floyd, he's gonna run his mouth and try to totally disrespect the other fighter. Brag and boast about how great HE thinks he is....then after the fight....talk about how great of a champion and a fighter the other guy is. If you wanna create buzz, it wont be by doing that. It would be by genuinly being insane (Tyson) or having a real beef with the other fighter. Other then that...continuously talking about your opponent being a bum...and not anywhere near as good as you, doesnt exactly make people wanna watch it.

One thing I will give him, at least he stopped telling the world he's gonna fuck these guys up...and beat em up, etc. Cus that was pissing people off. Mayweather saying "Ima punish him...Ima hurt him..." etc. Then you have the typical unanimous decision on points with his opponents face looking like its still round 1.

lol, after the fight is over, he doesn't need the shield.  He can began to wind down and relax until his next fight is signed.  It's at least nice to see he does have respect for his opponents in the post-match interviews.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2010, 06:03:55 AM »
Arum said he wants Pacquiao to have his next fight in Sept-Dec.  That gives him enough time to detox off w/e enhancements he may or may not be on...  I don't see why he won't take the drug tests.. If you aint on nothing, why is it such a big deal.. It isn't any kind of defamation, I think Floyd just wants an even fight, and that's the proper way to make sure he gets one..

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2010, 10:06:30 AM »
Arum said he wants Pacquiao to have his next fight in Sept-Dec.  That gives him enough time to detox off w/e enhancements he may or may not be on...  I don't see why he won't take the drug tests.. If you aint on nothing, why is it such a big deal.. It isn't any kind of defamation, I think Floyd just wants an even fight, and that's the proper way to make sure he gets one..

He said he would take the drug tests already. He just believes that when he took the blood tests before the Morales fight, it made him weaker for the fight. He mentioned that way back after the Morales fight....so it isnt just some excuse he has come up with now. He believes that being the smaller man, giving blood will affect him more then Mayweather and put him at a disadvantage. He already said before, he would give blood tests all the way up until 24 days before the fight...so youll know if he has been on any PED's during training. And take another test immediately after the fight, to guarantee no PED's in his system during the fight. Sounds good enough for any logical person. Floyd is just making excuses to not fight at this point.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2010, 10:08:49 AM »
Guess what's going to happen if he beats Pac?  Well it's not that impressive, he's supposed to beat the little guy. 

not really, it mostly depends on how the win happens. I was impressed with him beating Marquez mainly because he didnt just out muscle him. If he would have done that it would have been a case of a bigger man just being too big. But he out boxed him. Manny is so big in the sport right now, and had beatin so many bigger fighters...I dont think the size thing will be a huge arguing point.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2010, 12:51:43 PM »

not really, it mostly depends on how the win happens. I was impressed with him beating Marquez mainly because he didnt just out muscle him. If he would have done that it would have been a case of a bigger man just being too big. But he out boxed him. Manny is so big in the sport right now, and had beatin so many bigger fighters...I dont think the size thing will be a huge arguing point.

Tell that to the casual fan that hates on Mayweather no matter what. 

Geesta

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2010, 01:07:27 PM »
whoever believes all the shit Floyd talks is a fuckin idiot

he does that to create controversy, so he can be talked about and create cash and make people wanna see him get his ass whooped

does he really think hes better then Ali and Robinson? doubt it... does he always talk mad shit about his opponents but gives them props afterward... yes

hes a humble guy. you can tell on his post fight interviews he always gives props and becomes humble... all that shit talking is just to push the fight and thats why hes the cash cow...

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2010, 01:12:39 PM »

I try not to listen to casual fans if I can. Casual fans just wanna see two sluggers stand there and throw haymakers. Now...even tho I dont listen to em, casual fans are the reason Floyd made over 20 million on this last fight and the reason him and Pacquiao will get PAID if they fight

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2010, 01:14:53 PM »

I try not to listen to casual fans if I can. Casual fans just wanna see two sluggers stand there and throw haymakers. Now...even tho I dont listen to em, casual fans are the reason Floyd made over 20 million on this last fight and the reason him and Pacquiao will get PAID if they fight

Not that many hardcore boxing fans out there that is enough to laugh at the people that will say Mayweather should have won against a smaller man. 

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2010, 01:16:10 PM »
whoever believes all the shit Floyd talks is a fuckin idiot

he does that to create controversy, so he can be talked about and create cash and make people wanna see him get his ass whooped

does he really think hes better then Ali and Robinson? doubt it... does he always talk mad shit about his opponents but gives them props afterward... yes

hes a humble guy. you can tell on his post fight interviews he always gives props and becomes humble... all that shit talking is just to push the fight and thats why hes the cash cow...

Maybe. But the apple doesnt fall far from the tree man...and look at his pops...and his uncle. They are attention whores. I was listenin to ESPN radio the night before the fight and one of the hosts was talkin about being in a store and seeing Floyds grandmother walk in. She had a big black hat, with gold sparkly letters on it that said "Im Floyd Mayweathers Grandma" lol. Tell me they are just a humble family.

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2010, 01:17:10 PM »

Not that many hardcore boxing fans out there that is enough to laugh at the people that will say Mayweather should have won against a smaller man. 

well, technically he SHOULD win against a smaller man. Its the reason we have weight classes.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2010, 01:19:38 PM »

well, technically he SHOULD win against a smaller man. Its the reason we have weight classes.

There you go, so it's always a no win situation for Mayweather.  If he fights Paul Williams or Sergio Martinez, he's ducking Pac.  People want him to fight everyone at once and even then, they'll find an excuse.

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2010, 01:44:22 PM »

There you go, so it's always a no win situation for Mayweather.  If he fights Paul Williams or Sergio Martinez, he's ducking Pac.  People want him to fight everyone at once and even then, they'll find an excuse.

Dude...cmon. Thats the reality for ANY boxer. Obviously, we wouldnt have weight classes if it wasnt. If Floyd (or any fighter) fought and beat a bigger man, it would be more impressive then if he fought and beat a smaller man.....am I right??

And Floyd COULD fight Martinez. I can tell you right now...Floyd will not touch Paul Williams lololol. He doesnt typically like fighting bigger opponents...especially not bigger active opponents. As I said before tho, with Pacquiao the size thing shouldnt be much of an issue....given who Manny has already beatin.