Author Topic: M.I.A.'s video for "Born Free" off new upcoming album  (Read 479 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: M.I.A.'s video for "Born Free" off new upcoming album
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2010, 03:35:13 PM »
"Paper Planes" was dope and I love her look and style... I'll check this one out later
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: M.I.A.'s video for "Born Free" off new upcoming album
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2010, 05:20:39 PM »
This video is fucked up, the dude blows up at the end.  Da fuck was the point of making it that vulgar?  That political shit aint hitting any harder just cuz I see a boy blown into bits.

SMH

Think about it this way, you know after Paper Planes she got a shit load of mainstream fans. Her train of thought is probably, you know what fuck it let me just go all out with my political message in this video when a lot of people are expecting Paper Planes II.  

I mean come on, many Gaga fans are saying M.I.A. is a one hit wonder, fucking M.I.A. is the true artist here.  

Alright, I bet her label hates her now though...  Alotta teens gonna stop checking for her now with that typa video..

don't know how you get that conclusion. I'd say this will actually gain her MORE fans. Its not often these days we get a music video thats actually ENGAGING and thought-provoking, whether for good or bad.

That said, anyone who knows anything about MIA knows she's only famous and well respected because she's always aligned herself with great producers. Her music is good but she herself can't sing or rap for shit and her lyrics are often very lazy and sound like an illiterate 12 year old wrote them.

Are you sure you're not misconstruing the type of people who would enjoy this video, and the type of people who would enjoy her music?

This didn't make me like the song, or her more...  That's as an adult who doesn't follow her shit..

To a teen who likes her shit, and they watch this video.  They are gonna shrug this off because it ain't have anything they can relate to, or want to relate to.

Not at all, I know the type of people that listen to MIA. We're talking 80% people who take style over substance. She's the frontrunner of "trend" and appeals to the NME crowd much more than the type of musical diversity she pretends to appeal to. They'll lap this controversy up like thirsty cats.

Alright, Props.