Author Topic: Cypress Hill sells 18k and Kurupt sells ...  (Read 2339 times)

B.A.

Re: Cypress Hill sells 18k and Kurupt sells ...
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2010, 09:39:39 PM »
I know I'm probably the minority here but the reason why I didn't buy Kurupt's album is because I honestly didn't like it. I love Kurupt's older music, the shit is dope but I haven't really been feeling his music for a while. DPG puts out some cool shit sometimes and when they do I'll buy it, but most of the time I'm not really feeling it so I don't, and just to be clear I don't download it for free either; if I don't care enough to buy it I don't download it either. I heard Kurupt's album tracks that were available here on DUBCNN to listen to and I listened to the album snippets on Amazon and I just didn't like it. It had a couple cool tracks but everything else was either boring or just had a different Kurupt sound that I don't care to listen too mainly because the production for the most part was weak as hell. If Tarrence produced most of the album and did it for free then maybe next time Kurupt should pay him to get some tighter beats or work with a different producer. In my opinion Tarrence hasn't really produced a track where I was like DAMN! the one song that he produced that I really liked is Frontline with WC, the beat was straight but Dub ripped it and made it tighter.

Recently I bought Lynch's new album and the Danny Boy album is coming in the mail so I don't mind supporting some good music but I'm not going to just settle for whatever someone puts out even if I don't like it. It's like if you're use to buying bomb ass weed from your boy and all of the sudden he starts selling some wack shit you're not going to keep buying from him just to keep buying from him, it's not anything personal but your going to save your money and wait and buy some bomb from someone elso or maybe from your boy once he get some better shit; it's like the same thing when it come to music for me. I know either way sales are going to be down due to downloading but if the quality of your music is only "good" by 2009/2010 standards (like some one mentioned in an earlier post, good point by the way) then you better get use to poor sales because rap music/production in 2009/2010 compared to the quality we've heard in the past is way below average by comparison. Just my opinion... 
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

The_Offence

« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2010, 09:40:23 PM »
ice will flop and thats that, nobody is check for these old ass nigaz no more

Lunatic

« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2010, 09:42:29 PM »
Ice Cube is independent and will sell at least 100,000 copies in total = that's not a flop for an independent cat, actually very successful and LOTS of profit = especially when he'll actually be making the majority $$ off his own record instead of another label exec or whoever.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2010, 09:48:58 PM »
most rappers don't make money off of album sales anyway, they pull money through touring

Lunatic

« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2010, 09:55:52 PM »
most rappers don't make money off of album sales anyway, they pull money through touring
that too

3K copies sold or not, this album release will land Kurupt more shows
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

acgrundy

« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2010, 10:48:09 PM »
that too

3K copies sold or not, this album release will land Kurupt more shows

and probably a video criticizing his fans

Okka

« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2010, 01:02:10 AM »
Thats why snoop don't sign these guys and put them out.  Its sad to realize the reality.  Hey I love Dogg Food and got nothing but love for kurupt...but this is the reality. 

Actually i think the next Dogg Pound album is comin out on Priority Records, that means Snoop Dogg did sign them.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2010, 02:53:24 AM »
Thats why snoop don't sign these guys and put them out.  Its sad to realize the reality.  Hey I love Dogg Food and got nothing but love for kurupt...but this is the reality. 

Actually i think the next Dogg Pound album is comin out on Priority Records, that means Snoop Dogg did sign them.

And got them their deal on Death Row and co signed the Koch deal for Cali Iz Active

Jaydc

« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2010, 02:55:54 AM »
2900 copies sold is nowhere close to a 20 grand profit.Half the money you spend on a cd goes to the retail company,then you have the distribution company taking their share,then anyone who worked on the album.Come on man,20 grand is not realistic at all.

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2010, 03:11:28 AM »
rappers like kurupt and daz should be very thankful that snoop is using them on his tours, almost every time he go touring he is using them. Thats good.

I am pretty sure kurupt is just realeasing new music is just becouse he loves it nothing more.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2010, 03:20:01 AM »
can anybody tell me where's the sense in 5 pages argue on how much Kurupt earned/lost money? How about listening to the music guys? Are you really that curious? Is that really so important to you? WTF? I give a shit if he earned 1 dollar or lost 100 dollars. it's not my business. i don't ask my friends how much they earn. and some of you act like you need to know how much money man got before you decide to hang out with him... so sad

westside159

« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2010, 05:06:22 AM »

Nobodys buying the new rappers shit . period

the old rappers are still making the best shit . 

Paul

« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2010, 05:59:56 AM »
Im still bumpin the shit out of the album. Album of the year for me.
funkyfreshintheflesh

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2010, 08:41:10 AM »

Nobodys buying the new rappers shit . period

the old rappers are still making the best shit . 

tha fuck u talkin bout ...

lemme correct dat the GOOD OLD RAPPERS ARE STILL SELLING

new rappers are movin units too check the soundscan b.o.b lupe kid cudi all em cats new

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2010, 08:44:08 AM »
can anybody tell me where's the sense in 5 pages argue on how much Kurupt earned/lost money? How about listening to the music guys? Are you really that curious? Is that really so important to you? WTF? I give a shit if he earned 1 dollar or lost 100 dollars. it's not my business. i don't ask my friends how much they earn. and some of you act like you need to know how much money man got before you decide to hang out with him... so sad

lol u know y rap fans curious bout dat shit? cuz rappers always talkin bout they flossin big time and shit got chains and big ass house, tippin hoz .. make u wanna check wut they really got..