Author Topic: Cypress Hill sells 18k and Kurupt sells ...  (Read 2337 times)

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Cypress Hill sells 18k and Kurupt sells ...
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2010, 08:22:39 PM »
Devin the dude outsold Kurupt.. wow?!
being honest devin's album is better, and devin is another who has yet to spit a complete wacc verse yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Suga Foot

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2010, 08:59:21 PM »
anyone with real music industry knowledge would know that I know what I'm talking about

::)

Lunatic

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2010, 09:01:43 PM »
anyone with real music industry knowledge would know that I know what I'm talking about

If U don't see what I'm saying, that's ya own fault
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

papa-smurf

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2010, 09:06:11 PM »
cypress hill had the same amount of promotion as kurupt,maybe less,because i knew kurupt album was comeing out and i seen kurupt video,but i didnt know cypress album was out untill after it was out.and i didnt see any cypress hill video.i guess cypress got more solid fans thats all.both albums had no promotion whats so ever tho.

Lunatic

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2010, 09:06:57 PM »
cypress hill had the same amount of promotion as kurupt,maybe less,because i knew kurupt album was comeing out and i seen kurupt video,but i didnt know cypress album was out untill after it was out.and i didnt see any cypress hill video.i guess cypress got more solid fans thats all.both albums had no promotion whats so ever tho.
I dunno, Cypress had videos months in advance, performed on George Lopez, etc.

Suga Foot

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2010, 09:15:51 PM »
If U don't see what I'm saying, that's ya own fault

You're assuming again.

Lunatic

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2010, 09:21:29 PM »
U know as well as me these cats didn't approach Kurupt asking for $ to appear on his album  ::)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2010, 09:24:35 PM »
Both Kurupt and Cypress had more online promo then anything else. Cypress had a couple more TV show features. They tour alot so like someone said earlier maybe the numbers will stay steady for a bit.

Suga Foot

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2010, 09:37:36 PM »
U know as well as me these cats didn't approach Kurupt asking for $ to appear on his album  ::)
You're assuming again.

How would I know?

acgrundy

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2010, 09:51:56 PM »

How do you know that for a fact?  You are flat out assuming.

Money is the #1 reason for break ups, beefs, and album delays.

Hell, it is the reason why kurupt went back to the row.  I wouldn't doubt that some of these appearances are done for free, but I don't know for a fact that all of them are and neither do you.

Ain't no way in hell kurupt made $20gz profit off these sales.  That would mean he is making $6.67 profit per cd sold.  No fucking way.  What is the going cost for a cd these days?  $12?  So $12 - $6.67 = $5.33 x 3000 = $15,990.  So you are saying total expenses for 3000 cd's is approximately $16K?  I seriously doubt that...but maybe you being a real music insider could shed some light onto this for me.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2010, 09:54:13 PM »
dont know what city/state or even country your in...but not all if any cd's these days are $12.00.......you know the artist can control the price of the cd to a certain extent
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Lunatic

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2010, 09:56:02 PM »
exactly, CD prices vary depending on where u at.. For example if I found the Kurupt album around here in Canada, I know it wouldn't be cheaper than 16.99, possibly all the way up to $19.99 so it's difficult to say..

And I'm not saying Kurupt himself made all that, I don't know what he made because I don't know (nor is it my business) what his splits are with the label.. But the album all around should have profited around that for the week (and obviously that money is split by the label, kurupt, etc)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 09:57:48 PM by Lunatic »

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2010, 10:18:17 PM »
There was really good radio single.  Most people mostly don't even know he put out a new . 

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2010, 10:27:22 PM »
bottom line..most people have accepted that this isnt kurupt from the death row days...not even close to the space boogie days for that matter...ever think maybe THATS one of the reasons he aint sellin as much? The music isnt up to par...like someone else said...why these comparisons on if this was 97 blah blah...it aint...and just because the music isnt hardly as good..doesnt mean WE have to drop our standards...au contraire...they need to pick it up...

btw, out of the 10 or so people i asked, none of them even have the intention of downloading this...

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2010, 10:48:28 PM »
Uhm, not trying to kick off the "profit" discussion again Lunatic, but I have to agree with everybody who criticized what you said. Nobody said you are wrong, but the way you talk makes it seem like you KNOW, when you really have no clue and are assuming based on what you think makes sense.

Oh and I can see all those guest appearances being done for free, but you do realize that as long as an album hasn't recouped all the marketing/promotion costs, it is not making profit? If you press up 3000 cds yourself and sell them out the trunk, then yeah, you're making profit. Buzt there's a whole team involved here, they filmed 2 videos, they had the KCNN episodes, etc. Again, I have no idea how much money was or wasn't made, but neither do you, which is why people jumped on you for your comment.