Author Topic: Why LeBron Will NEVER Be Kobe...Cleveland is FINISHED.  (Read 9128 times)

Sccit

Why LeBron Will NEVER Be Kobe...Cleveland is FINISHED.
« on: May 04, 2010, 10:49:36 AM »
LeBron just doesn't have it...the killer instinct he was questioned for throughout his career. The clutch-factor...The ability to step it up when it most counts. LeBron has always proven himself to be a regular season success story who has yet to show he can perform at such levels when it matters most. This is what all the greatest players of all time  had..Magic, Kareem, Bird, Russell, Jordan...KOBE. The list goes on and on. LeBron simply aint got it. And to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he NEVER gets it and ends his career ringless. Not saying he will never win a championship, but with the way he's carried himself throughout his career, it would in no way surprise me if he didn't.

Cleveland has been the favorite to win all season long, LeBron has an amazing cast and unquestionably the deepest team in the league.  After almost losing game 1, they come back and dont even show up in game 2, going down by 25 points in the opening half, wtf? Cavs didn't even put up a fight and all of a sudden, I'm doubting they'll even get out the 2nd round. How do you give up home court advantage, which you've worked your ass off all season long for, with such ease, without even putting up a fight? Not saying LeBron isn't a special talent, but something that is very hard to develop if you don't have it in you is HEART...the heart of a champion. Will he ever get there? Will he end his career as one of the all-time GOATs or will he go down as just another great player who never took it to the next level (ala Dominique Wilkins)?......Only time will tell, but things aint lookin too good for Cleveland. :-X

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 11:16:49 AM »
"Why LeBron Will NEVER Be Kobe"

I was expecting this to have something to so with his ability to distribute the basketball, fill up the entire stat sheet (not just the points section), respect amongst teammates..the league..and the fans, not taking fag pictures in all white veils and pilgrim suits...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 11:30:06 AM »
LOL@Kobe not having the ability to distribute or fill up the stat sheet...and LMAO@not having respect amongst teammates. If you really think LeBron is respected as a competitor above the likes of Kobe, then you really need to check your resources. And please don't bring up the fag factor when LeBron is a known diva who dances around the court like a homo before every game. But back to the topic, LeBron doesn't have the heart nor the ability to elevate his game when it matters most. He's an athletic beast who can score almost at will with his strong physique, but he doesn't have the killer instinct and he hasn't shown me that he's willing to develop it.. he rather dance around the court like a fruitcake. As for his game, he's gunna subside quicker than most with the way he plays and the fact that he depends on his body and strength more than he depends on his skill tells me he needs to win NOW...I'd love to say I told you so...and by the looks of it, I will.

Jaydc

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 11:35:58 AM »
Your man crush on kobe disgusts us.

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 11:38:25 AM »

this thread is about basketball...keep your homosexuality in the gspot, where it belongs.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 11:38:36 AM »
LeBron just doesn't have it...the killer instinct he was questioned for throughout his career. The clutch-factor...The ability to step it up when it most counts. LeBron has always proven himself to be a regular season success story who has yet to show he can perform at such levels when it matters most. This is what all the greatest players of all time  had..Magic, Kareem, Bird, Russell, Jordan...KOBE. The list goes on and on. LeBron simply aint got it. And to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he NEVER gets it and ends his career ringless. Not saying he will never win a championship, but with the way he's carried himself throughout his career, it would in no way surprise me if he didn't.

Cleveland has been the favorite to win all season long, LeBron has an amazing cast and unquestionably the deepest team in the league.  After almost losing game 1, they come back and dont even show up in game 2, going down by 25 points in the opening half, wtf? Cavs didn't even put up a fight and all of a sudden, I'm doubting they'll even get out the 2nd round. How do you give up home court advantage, which you've worked your ass off all season long for, with such ease, without even putting up a fight? Not saying LeBron isn't a special talent, but something that is very hard to develop if you don't have it in you is HEART...the heart of a champion. Will he ever get there? Will he end his career as one of the all-time GOATs or will he go down as just another great player who never took it to the next level (ala Dominique Wilkins)?......Only time will tell, but things aint lookin too good for Cleveland. :-X

Co-sign

Magic Johnson said Lebron is the best in the game and that he's been "passed the torch" from former greats. The rest of the media seems to agree.  But I don't understand why all that talk is starting now, when he still hasn't won a ring.  When Kobe is just coming off his 4th Championship, Kobe is still young enough, and from the looks of it the Lakers are playing better right now than the Cavs and more likely to win.  

Like Sccit said, I won't be surprised at all if Cleveland doesn't get past the second round, but if Lebron does make it to the Finals then you are really going to see how superior Kobe and the Lakers are to Lebron and the Cavs.  It's not their time yet, until Kobe says it is their time.  Kobe has around 3 years or so left to dominate the league, and by that time Durant may be the better than Lebron, cause like Jordan says Lebron's power game is harder to sustain.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:41:20 AM by Infinite... Be and It Is »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jaydc

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 11:41:45 AM »

this thread is about basketball...keep your homosexuality in the gspot, where it belongs.

Basketball is a thinly veiled cover up for you wanting to suck kobes dick while hes dressed in an all white pilgrim outfit.

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 12:06:35 PM »
LeBron just doesn't have it...the killer instinct he was questioned for throughout his career. The clutch-factor...The ability to step it up when it most counts. LeBron has always proven himself to be a regular season success story who has yet to show he can perform at such levels when it matters most. This is what all the greatest players of all time  had..Magic, Kareem, Bird, Russell, Jordan...KOBE. The list goes on and on. LeBron simply aint got it. And to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he NEVER gets it and ends his career ringless. Not saying he will never win a championship, but with the way he's carried himself throughout his career, it would in no way surprise me if he didn't.

Cleveland has been the favorite to win all season long, LeBron has an amazing cast and unquestionably the deepest team in the league.  After almost losing game 1, they come back and dont even show up in game 2, going down by 25 points in the opening half, wtf? Cavs didn't even put up a fight and all of a sudden, I'm doubting they'll even get out the 2nd round. How do you give up home court advantage, which you've worked your ass off all season long for, with such ease, without even putting up a fight? Not saying LeBron isn't a special talent, but something that is very hard to develop if you don't have it in you is HEART...the heart of a champion. Will he ever get there? Will he end his career as one of the all-time GOATs or will he go down as just another great player who never took it to the next level (ala Dominique Wilkins)?......Only time will tell, but things aint lookin too good for Cleveland. :-X

Co-sign

Magic Johnson said Lebron is the best in the game and that he's been "passed the torch" from former greats. The rest of the media seems to agree.  But I don't understand why all that talk is starting now, when he still hasn't won a ring.  When Kobe is just coming off his 4th Championship, Kobe is still young enough, and from the looks of it the Lakers are playing better right now than the Cavs and more likely to win.  

Like Sccit said, I won't be surprised at all if Cleveland doesn't get past the second round, but if Lebron does make it to the Finals then you are really going to see how superior Kobe and the Lakers are to Lebron and the Cavs.  It's not their time yet, until Kobe says it is their time.  Kobe has around 3 years or so left to dominate the league, and by that time Durant may be the better than Lebron, cause like Jordan says Lebron's power game is harder to sustain.

You are right about ONE thing. The Lakers have a better supporting cast for Kobe then LeBron has. I dont think LeBron has passed Kobe careerwise, of course. But we are talking right now...LeBron is the better player. Most people (other then Kobe fans) agree. You have to remember, Jordan dominated the game with his skill...but also his athletisism. Once he got older and his athletisism wasnt what it was...he changed his game and became such a deadly shooter, with the fadeaway becoming one of the most deadly offensive weapons ever. LeBron isnt even halfway through his career and still can dominate on his athletisism. There is no reason his game wont develop more from this point on. Dont you think Kobe's game developed further during the second half of his career?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Geesta

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 12:09:08 PM »
shut the fuck up you stupid kike

Lunatic

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 12:14:48 PM »
If Cleveland wins the championship, this thread will end up pretty funny lol
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 12:19:43 PM »
LeBron just doesn't have it...the killer instinct he was questioned for throughout his career. The clutch-factor...The ability to step it up when it most counts. LeBron has always proven himself to be a regular season success story who has yet to show he can perform at such levels when it matters most. This is what all the greatest players of all time  had..Magic, Kareem, Bird, Russell, Jordan...KOBE. The list goes on and on. LeBron simply aint got it. And to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he NEVER gets it and ends his career ringless. Not saying he will never win a championship, but with the way he's carried himself throughout his career, it would in no way surprise me if he didn't.

Cleveland has been the favorite to win all season long, LeBron has an amazing cast and unquestionably the deepest team in the league.  After almost losing game 1, they come back and dont even show up in game 2, going down by 25 points in the opening half, wtf? Cavs didn't even put up a fight and all of a sudden, I'm doubting they'll even get out the 2nd round. How do you give up home court advantage, which you've worked your ass off all season long for, with such ease, without even putting up a fight? Not saying LeBron isn't a special talent, but something that is very hard to develop if you don't have it in you is HEART...the heart of a champion. Will he ever get there? Will he end his career as one of the all-time GOATs or will he go down as just another great player who never took it to the next level (ala Dominique Wilkins)?......Only time will tell, but things aint lookin too good for Cleveland. :-X

Co-sign

Magic Johnson said Lebron is the best in the game and that he's been "passed the torch" from former greats. The rest of the media seems to agree.  But I don't understand why all that talk is starting now, when he still hasn't won a ring.  When Kobe is just coming off his 4th Championship, Kobe is still young enough, and from the looks of it the Lakers are playing better right now than the Cavs and more likely to win. 

Like Sccit said, I won't be surprised at all if Cleveland doesn't get past the second round, but if Lebron does make it to the Finals then you are really going to see how superior Kobe and the Lakers are to Lebron and the Cavs.  It's not their time yet, until Kobe says it is their time.  Kobe has around 3 years or so left to dominate the league, and by that time Durant may be the better than Lebron, cause like Jordan says Lebron's power game is harder to sustain.

You are right about ONE thing. The Lakers have a better supporting cast for Kobe then LeBron has. I dont think LeBron has passed Kobe careerwise, of course. But we are talking right now...LeBron is the better player. Most people (other then Kobe fans) agree. You have to remember, Jordan dominated the game with his skill...but also his athletisism. Once he got older and his athletisism wasnt what it was...he changed his game and became such a deadly shooter, with the fadeaway becoming one of the most deadly offensive weapons ever. LeBron isnt even halfway through his career and still can dominate on his athletisism. There is no reason his game wont develop more from this point on. Dont you think Kobe's game developed further during the second half of his career?

If LeBron wins a championship over Kobe this year, THEN he is the better player. Cleveland has just as good a supporting cast as the Lakers, and a MUCH deeper bench. LeBron has exerted more of himself during the regular season than Kobe, but Kobe knows the game and he picks and chooses when to attack, and it's usually at the right moment...Kobe could average 40 points on the year if he wanted to, but that is not what wins championships. Kobe exerts himself at the right moments and maximizes his game when it counts most...I dunno if that's even something you can learn...more like a natural knack...but what I do know is that LeBron will not be mentioned amongst the Magics, Birds, or Jordans until he gets there. Kobe already got there, has BEEN there, and when he wins the title again this year, he will still be sitting on top...PeACe

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 12:37:26 PM »

Co-sign

Magic Johnson said Lebron is the best in the game and that he's been "passed the torch" from former greats. The rest of the media seems to agree.  But I don't understand why all that talk is starting now, when he still hasn't won a ring.  When Kobe is just coming off his 4th Championship, Kobe is still young enough, and from the looks of it the Lakers are playing better right now than the Cavs and more likely to win. 

Like Sccit said, I won't be surprised at all if Cleveland doesn't get past the second round, but if Lebron does make it to the Finals then you are really going to see how superior Kobe and the Lakers are to Lebron and the Cavs.  It's not their time yet, until Kobe says it is their time.  Kobe has around 3 years or so left to dominate the league, and by that time Durant may be the better than Lebron, cause like Jordan says Lebron's power game is harder to sustain.

If LeBron wins a championship over Kobe this year, THEN he is the better player.

LOL when Shaq left the Lakers and Kobe couldnt win a championship....you hated that argument. Now Kobe's team wins a title last year, and you wanna use that argument lol.

I personally dont think the Cavs will win the title this year. I think everybody is sleeping on the Magic still for whatever reason. And they will be a TOUGH out for the Cavs. Not to mention, the Cavs will be involved in a kock down drag out series with the Celtics...where the Magic (IMO) will have a relatively easy time with the Hawks.

BUT...you said it, If LeBron wins the title this year...he is better then Kobe. lol As far as most knowledgeable NBA guys, he already is better. His team just hasnt been yet. But, according to you...if LeBron wins this year...he is better then Kobe.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 01:16:16 PM »

Co-sign

If LeBron wins a championship over Kobe this year, THEN he is the better player.

LOL when Shaq left the Lakers and Kobe couldnt win a championship....you hated that argument. Now Kobe's team wins a title last year, and you wanna use that argument lol.

I personally dont think the Cavs will win the title this year. I think everybody is sleeping on the Magic still for whatever reason. And they will be a TOUGH out for the Cavs. Not to mention, the Cavs will be involved in a kock down drag out series with the Celtics...where the Magic (IMO) will have a relatively easy time with the Hawks.

BUT...you said it, If LeBron wins the title this year...he is better then Kobe. lol As far as most knowledgeable NBA guys, he already is better. His team just hasnt been yet. But, according to you...if LeBron wins this year...he is better then Kobe.

LMAO@comparing the teams Kobe had after Shaq departed to the current Cavs. You being serious? Our team had a starting line-up of:

PG Smush Parker (no longer in the NBA)
SG Kobe Bryant (only source of true offense on the team)
SF Luke Walton (NBDL level talent, doesn't even have a spot in our current rotation)
PF Lamar Odom (currently coming off the bench as a 6th man)
C Kwame Brown (bust who was, at times, made to look like a legit center by Kobe)

so you comparing that team (which actually overachieved and took the Suns to 7 games) to the current Cavs team (which is built to win it all NOW) is laughable. If LeBron can lead this team to a championship and wills them to victory with his heart and proves that he's not all talent with no delivery, my perspective on him will change and I will not feel uncomfortable putting him in the same sentence as the great players of our era...but it hasn't happened yet and the people who say LeBron is better than Kobe now are merely fans who are impressed by stats and highlights as opposed to results. Kobe is the guy you want leading your team and willing them to victory, Kobe is the guy you wanna depend on when a game actually matters, and Kobe is the guy you wanna give the ball to when its all on the line...LeBron has not reached that status. Again, he's a great talent, but he's 1 step away from being amongst the greatests...PeACe

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 01:24:44 PM »
LeBron has exerted more of himself during the regular season than Kobe, but Kobe knows the game and he picks and chooses when to attack, and it's usually at the right moment...Kobe could average 40 points on the year if he wanted to, but that is not what wins championships. Kobe exerts himself at the right moments and maximizes his game when it counts most...

Yep, it's kind of like Jordan earlier in his career when he just used to go hard like a bull all season long and in the end he couldn't get passed the Pistons.  Later Jordan learned how to pick his spots.  Kobe is now a master of that as well.  Kobe knows how to pick his spots, and he has Phil Jackson on his side, who is a wizard at releasing pressure and not trying to just run over teams.  Phil was talking about those old Piston rivalries and he said eventually they started running away from the pressure rather then meeting it head on; and that's the same way the Lakers play now.  Which gives Kobe and the Lakers much more durability.

As for the argument that Kobe has a better supporting cast, that's not as obvious as you guys are making it out to be.  Maybe he does have a better supporting cast, or maybe it's just that he makes them look better then they are.  Either way, bottom line is until Lebron wins a championship he is not better than Kobe.  Especially in a case like this season where Kobe's about to win another one.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 01:50:02 PM »
LeBron has exerted more of himself during the regular season than Kobe, but Kobe knows the game and he picks and chooses when to attack, and it's usually at the right moment...Kobe could average 40 points on the year if he wanted to, but that is not what wins championships. Kobe exerts himself at the right moments and maximizes his game when it counts most...

Yep, it's kind of like Jordan earlier in his career when he just used to go hard like a bull all season long and in the end he couldn't get passed the Pistons.  Later Jordan learned how to pick his spots.  Kobe is now a master of that as well.  Kobe knows how to pick his spots, and he has Phil Jackson on his side, who is a wizard at releasing pressure and not trying to just run over teams.  Phil was talking about those old Piston rivalries and he said eventually they started running away from the pressure rather then meeting it head on; and that's the same way the Lakers play now.  Which gives Kobe and the Lakers much more durability.

As for the argument that Kobe has a better supporting cast, that's not as obvious as you guys are making it out to be.  Maybe he does have a better supporting cast, or maybe it's just that he makes them look better then they are.  Either way, bottom line is until Lebron wins a championship he is not better than Kobe.  Especially in a case like this season where Kobe's about to win another one.

Lebron is known as a guy who makes those around him better...more so then Kobe. Again, other then by Kobe fans. Kobe fans tend to think that everyone who recognizes LeBron being better then Kobe....are LeBron fans. When in reality...you have Kobe fans who typically are Laker fans as well, who think Kobe is better. Then you have a majority of any other fans....regardless of their favorite team, who think LeBron is better. Which opinion is more biased...u tell me. Is Kobe a great player. Of course. Will he be a HOF'er? Of course. But there is a reason the expectations for LeBron are so much higher then what the expectations were for Kobe, at this stage of his career. Kobe is at the point of trying to break into that top 10 players all time. LeBron is expected to be competing for greatest player of all time. Who knows if he will ever reach that level. Thats a bit far off still. But Kobe was never expected to rank that high up on the all time list.