Author Topic: Why LeBron Will NEVER Be Kobe...Cleveland is FINISHED.  (Read 9117 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: Why LeBron Will NEVER Be Kobe...Cleveland is FINISHED.
« Reply #300 on: May 18, 2010, 07:52:17 PM »
e. The current LeBron would have to play 2nd-tier to a player like Kobe to win a ring, and that's all there really is to it.
LMAO LMAO LMAO

what a fucking toolbag comment

remember how until last year everyone was saying Kobe was nothing but a "2nd tier" player?

lol at kobe being a 2nd tier player in 08-09 matter of fact 05-06, 06-07 also. lmfao

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #301 on: May 18, 2010, 07:54:51 PM »
where were his rings without Shaq?

wanna tell me that babycakes
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #302 on: May 18, 2010, 08:04:06 PM »

i'm still looking for that answer, but it's the most dodged point in this thread. :laugh:

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #303 on: May 18, 2010, 08:09:46 PM »
^he will always just be a factor.

LeBron will just be a factor too when he wins.

you've gone completely insane if you're even thinking otherwise.

it's a team game, you can't give one man the credit for it. :loco:

A team leader is not "just a factor"...Derek Fisher is a factor. Ron Artest is a factor. Andrew Bynum is a factor. Kobe Bryant is the driver. The team centers around him, just like Cleveland centers around LeBron. To call a player of Kobe's caliber a "factor" is simply a joke, but so is a lot of stuff you've said in this thread, so it comes as no surprise...PeACe

they are much bigger factors than other players, but they all play a role for winning.

he couldn't do it without those other factors (as he's proved), who happen to be All-Stars lol.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #304 on: May 18, 2010, 10:59:34 PM »
hey chamill...my q got dodged
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #305 on: May 18, 2010, 11:47:20 PM »

lol so not winning rings makes him a 2nd tier player? so damn lebron must be way down that list than huh? i wasnt even talking about rings im talking about kobe being considered a 2nd tier player. 

hes been the best player in the league for years.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Geesta

« Reply #306 on: May 19, 2010, 02:33:31 AM »
LMAO@ this thread

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #307 on: May 19, 2010, 05:08:33 AM »
yall laker niggas is bitches
better hope lebron is stupid enough to stay in cleveland
if he goes to a good team with good players lakers are fucked
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #308 on: May 19, 2010, 07:00:14 AM »

Lmao....Kids  ::)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #309 on: May 19, 2010, 09:17:47 AM »

Lmao....Kids  ::)

you've brought such insight to this thread. :laugh:

Sccit

« Reply #310 on: May 19, 2010, 11:15:09 AM »
you mean when the Lakers pass him the torch?

when will you understand that Kobe cannot win alone? he was alone, barely finished .500 & lost in the playoffs, yet everybody just tries to forget those years; can't blame you Kobe stans. ;)

the Lakers are WINNING rings, Kobe is a factor in it.

Nobody wins alone...but LeBron was not alone, he has a fully capable team who has beaten the Celtics 3 times in the regular season and won 60+ games for the last 2 seasons...he simply let them down and didn't step it up when he was most needed. Make all the excuses you want, but that 3-15 performance was not only atrocious, but disgustingly obvious. It was obvious (to any sane person) that LeBron could care less, and that his heart wasn't there...that he doesn't have that champions drive...and the fact that you sit here and make excuses for it, while disregarding Kobe as just a "factor" in the Lakers winning ways is pretty pathetic, to say the least.

NIK, I understand you feel the need to dis Lebron as Kobe has got his fair share of both warranted AND unwarranted criticisms.

You DO have to admit though, when the Celtics dismantled the Lakers in Game 6 to win the championship and Kobe barely even showed up, you defended him.   In that series, the LAKERS WERE THE FAVOURITES but did not win, and Kobe did not play with much HEART in the series clincher.  Sound familiar?

Or, MAYBE neither player got a ton of help from his respective teammates as well; Jamison, the second best Cavs player, was 1-9 shooting, and Mo Williams disappeared in the second half.   

Lakers got outplayed by Boston.. it wasn't about heart or desire, as it clearly was with this Cav team...and Kobe was so devastated after that loss that the only thing on his mind for 1 year straight was redeeming himself and winning the championship the following season...Did Lebron appear to you as someone who was devastated after that loss to Boston? To me, he looked more like "my job is done here...good thing I don't have to come to work for two more series's before I bounce from this bitch"...LOL. LeBron is about glitz and glamor, not about results...dude simply hides from the pressure. When he stops dancing like a fag before pre-game warmups, thats when you'll know he's serious about winning and taking it to the next level...PeACe

Sccit

« Reply #311 on: May 19, 2010, 11:20:08 AM »
e. The current LeBron would have to play 2nd-tier to a player like Kobe to win a ring, and that's all there really is to it.
LMAO LMAO LMAO

what a fucking toolbag comment

remember how until last year everyone was saying Kobe was nothing but a "2nd tier" player?

Does the current LeBron look or act like a team leader on a championship team? Do you even remember what he said after his Game 5 3-15 performance?

"I spoil a lot of people with my play. When you have three bad games in seven years, it’s easy to point them out.”

What a joke...can't even man up to his poor performance. What a spoiled self-minded thing to say after such an important game on one of basketball's biggest stages, which was pretty much lost by his poor play. That's not gunna get it done as a team leader, and you know it.

Sccit

« Reply #312 on: May 19, 2010, 12:04:50 PM »
I made this thread on another board...check some responses:

i do think kobe bryant handles the pressure more than lebron. i do think kobe is by far the more banged up player, but he never uses injuries as an excuse. lebron says he doesn't, but when cleveland is having their s--- pushed in, he favors his elbow more than usual. kobe is playing with broken bones but unless he clearly gets whacked on his injured spots, he never shows like hes wounded. he plays on pure adrenaline and he's fearless out there. he takes huge shots, is very crafty, and is very timely. he's also been using his teammates more of late to keep himself fresh for those big moments, and i dont think lebron has learned how to do that just yet. lebron can get to the cup at will, but if kobe bryant has the ball with 20 seconds left in the game, you are more concerned than if lebron had the ball.

but anyway, this is all moot. really, lebron needs to win. if he doesn't win, he doesn't have a legacy to stack up with a player like kobe. its as simple as that. the argument isn't if lebron is a better player than kobe right now, kobe is declining when lebron is hitting stride right now. but kobe has always wanted the big shot in the clutch, he's always been a no excuse im going to carry this team in the final few minutes sort of player. lebron still hasn't consistently shown that. he's had flashes, and glorious flashes, but you don't see that killer instinct yet. until then, kobe bryant will have a leg up on him in a category that separated really good players from great players. its such a big factor that kobe now, a player who is clearly past his prime, still hangs around the conversation against lebron in terms of who is better. all because kobe is killer to close games, while lebron simply hasn't shown it.

the only way lebron really can show it is rings. he needs to be the closer on this team. if he doesn't show that, then he'll always have a knock on his game. simple at that. he can't fall on the "my team sucks" or "my elbow hurts me during games when my team loses" excuse anymore. his team has been built for the playoffs and built specifically to beat the other contenders. put up or shutup.

Kobe = Champion

LayBron = nothing.....yet

shouldnt be much of a discussion IMO....

oh "Bron Bron" hurt his lil elbow?....Kobe plays hurt ALL th time, has the heart that the "Queen" James will never have. Kobe came into the league and had to PROVE himself, thats the difference...Mofo's were giving "the"Bron the name "King" his first year in the league...he needs to come down to earth and realize he aint $hit until he wins something.

i don't recall ever seeing any of the greats go without sinking a FG in the first half of a MASSIVE series tied at 2-2... and then letting their team get smoked and only draining 3 FGs all game long. it was nice and cute that he said he wanted to guard rondo, but words only go so far.
...glad you brought that up.

It was cute that he said he would guard Rondo...but honestly? I doubt Lebron could even guard Rondo, Rondo is too quick and is so creative with the way he runs that offense. Lebron would get burned....yea maybe Lebron could check a PG that is "shoot -first", but a Pg like Rondo? no way. I dont care what Lebron said, coach Mike Brown KNOWS that he cant gaurd Rondo....

Kobe on the other hand? he could guard Rondo all series....look at what he did to Westbrook. That series was sliding in favor of the Thunder...Kobe realized he had to take Westbrook out of the offense, he did it...game over.

good points.

HOWEVER it is important to realize while kobe guarded rondo and effectively took him out of most of the series, it did enable another player that he would guard, whether it was allen or pierce, to have a big series. ultimately, boston won that series because of their big three, not because of rondo. it was also a very, very different rondo. so, cleveland does have a point saying if they switched lebron off to rondo, then pierce would just get off.

nevertheless, lebron should still take it upon himself to guard rondo because rondo has definitely been the most dominant player in this series, and say screw it to other things that might result from the switch. while its a different rondo in this series, its also an aged, more ragged paul pierce. kobe took it on himself to take out westbrook, lebron still hasn't done that. while his "id love the challenge of guarding rondo" was on every other fucking espn article, they conveniently left out "..if the coaching staff were to ask me."

lebron is the most physically gifted player probably in nba history. but he still hasn't proven the mettle.

if they lose this series, he will be labeled a choker until he wins a ring. and frankly, its his fault. his performance today was absolutely embarrassing and, funny enough, was the most embarassing performance from a superstar player since kobe closed up shop in phoenix for game 7. but, unlike lebron, kobe was just being a brat and trying to make a selfish point, it wasn't because kobe didn't have the gear to carry his team in the clutch moments.

lebron's performance tonight was inexcusable. he played passive all night, and didn't even look to take big shots. something i saw right away from a young kobe bryant, living here in la, was an eye for the moment. bryant airballed two threes in utah in a series the team lost as a rookie, but he wanted the shot and stepped to it on a team filled with players that didn't want to take the shot. it's been a quality he's had from the getgo, a willingness to seize the moment, a drive for that moment, holding that moment above all else, and defining his career based on that moment. right now, the argument against lebron isn't against his capability, it's against his willingness to seize the moment. there actually isn't any other argument against him, as he's improved his game so much over the years.

i understand lebron's career arc is incredible, straight out of high school, to put up these stats. he will undoubtedly break all sorts of absurd statistical records based on the willingness of a franchise to put their team on his talented shoulders from the getgo. but, until he does it on the big stage, he's going to have to deal with the label of not being able to get it done on the big stage. jordan also went through it. he finally figured it out, we have to wait for lebron to figure it out. cleveland has done everything, everything to surround him with excellent role players. more than anything he might be proving that a team cannot win a championship amongst elite teams without a legit second option. (dwyane got it done, but as you said, it was during a time without real elite teams with 2 real viable guys) chris webber also had a brilliant statistical career, but in the end his greatness never came, because he never showed the mettle in big games. webber also had his share of big moments against lesser teams, he had teams stacked with talent, but he could never come up clutch in the biggest moments of his career, namely game 7 against the lakers. (i realize that lebron has shown much more capability than webber already, but this just shows that stats mean little in really proving greatness)

as of now, comparing kobe's legacy to lebron's, its unfair because of the times when they entered the league. but kobe's legacy undoubtedly has a leg up and lebron has a lot to prove before he gets there. stats only get you so far, the great players measure up against each other based on their ability to lead their teams to championships. lebron needs to find a team that will surround him with great players and a legit 2nd option thats comparable to a pau gasol, or a scottie pippen, hell someone better and younger than antawn jamison, otherwise, he's going to have a hard time winning titles with the commitment the lakers and magic have shown to improving their teams. magic had kareem, bird had mcale, jordan had pippen, even the big three had each other. had you asked me to talk about kobe's legacy after his disgraceful performance in game 7 against the suns, yeah i wouldve seen it as pretty tarnished, but his team turned it around. he also had an active part in that, damn near demanding a trade out before management figured they really needed to put talent, substantial talent around the guy. lebron has gotten talent, and antawn jamison is a damn good player, but he might need more. even without more, you need to show more in this moment, this game, the biggest game of your career. but to win rings on a grand scale, he definitely needs a legit second fiddle with him.

lebron has the chance the be the greatest player ever. but he isn't close to that yet until he can come up big in the truly big moments. he might need more help until he gets to those moments, but so did many brilliant players in league history. those players never got the chance. at the end of the year, if he doesn't get a ring, he'll be able to find a team whose management is ready to step up and give him an opportunity to really be the greatest player with proper complimentary players to elevate his team to a level of greatness. to be that great, he needs rings, and he needs to have a resume filled with seizing big moments. it's that simple.

The problem with Lebron is that there is no one to hold him in check. He's bigger than the city. In LA, Jackson holds Kobe in check, thats why you hear about Gasol complaining that Kobe takes too many shots. Jamison says that in Cleveland, and he'll never see a meaningful game in that city again. He runs the team. He's the player and the boss. No one wants to cross him or come close to being important as him. Some kid dunked on him, and he freaked out. He's the alpha dog, who isn't receptive to anyone else. Maybe its a byproduct of always being better than anyone and his gifts alone leading him to winning before he came to the NBA. Its entrenched in him. Kobe fought this with Shaq, the whole reason for their fallout. Shaq was the alpha dog, and Kobe was Pippen to them. When Kobe got better than Shaq, the fight ensued. I believe Kobe was heading out of LA, before they made that trade for Gasol, and had Kobe understand that he needs another stud player. No one is doing that with Lebron. He is bigger than the team.

I don't think its a criticism of ability, its a criticism of mentality. Its rare that you can win with one guy being the be all for a team. And failure sprouts the willingness to change. Part of this can't be blamed on Lebron, more on the front office. But there were games that Jamison absolutely disappeared, wasn't involved at all. That falls on Lebron. And it doesn't fall on the coach, Lebron runs that team, Mike Brown will be fired in a NY minute if he upsets Lebron. If he learns to differ to other players when he doesn't have it on some nights, the team will start to win.

A good example. When Kobe missed that shot against the Thunder in Game 6, Gasol went for the offensive rebound and put it back in. In my imagination, everyone of Cavs roster would've stood their ground and watched that shot.

I'm interested to hear from the Lebron apologists after last night's game. I know it's only one game, but I never saw anything like it.
We've gone over the supporting cast, so we don't need to rehash. Cleveland has had the best record in the NBA the last 2 seasons. So that argument is not valid. But either way, great players make those around them better. His team didn't know how to play without him yesterday.
And last night, Lebron didn't just have an off night, he looked disinterested. 2-10 in the 2nd half and only 2 FTs. Sat around the arc like a role player. He absolutely disappeared. I've seen superstars have bad games in big situations. But I've never seen one appear to have no interest in trying to win it. All the greats put their teams on their back and are willing to win or lose that way. Lebron hid.
The series isn't over. But if CLE doesn't even make the conference finals, let alone the NBA finals, the questions about his character and drive will only get louder.
When Lebron stops dancing during pre game warmups and starts feeling the pressure to become a champion...then he will start winning championships.

At this stage in Lebron's career, he still doesnt "get it". When Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith start labelling Lebron as Patrick Ewing or Karl Malone...then he will start to feel the pressure. Basketball right now for Lebron is more entertainment than anything else. Why? He belongs in a generation that just wants to get paid big money. He is more interested in the Money Trophy than the Championship Trophy. I hope he eventually figures it out that an elite NBA player's legacy is defined by championships.

Very simple input: After the worst home playoff loss in franchise history the man said

"I spoil a lot of people with my play. When you have three bad games in seven years, it’s easy to point them out.”

Are you KIDDING? Man up to your poor performance, get angry and get motivated. What a spoiled self-minded thing to say after such an important game on one of basketball's biggest stages was pretty much lost by his poor play. I'm a huge fan of his game (who isn't?) but his character (or lack thereof) is driving me away.

^^Now be fair. In his defense, he has a lot on his plate. He needs to look cool throwing the dust in the air, pretending to snap pictures of his teammates, and worry about no one being a follower and wearing #23 (except after him, of course).

By the way, if the Cavs lose this series. Watch on tv how Lebron accepts losing. Watch his body language. Does he care? Is it important? Or is he thinking about how he will spend the summer with JayZ? Listen to his post game interview and see if even cares.

Kobe utterly hates to lose! Im talking livid to the point where it ate away at him! This quality is what makes an NBA legend. Magic had it. Jordan had it. Bird had it.

Legend and greatness simply are NOT words to be used when talking about Lebron. At least not yet...
[/b]

"I spoil a lot of people with my play. When you have three bad games in seven years, it's easy to point them out."

LOL! He really said this? So in his mind...he accepts losing? LOL! As Yoda would say, "An NBA Champion he is not..."

"I spoil a lot of people with my play. When you have three bad games in seven years, it's easy to point them out."

this quote is absurd.

it's funny to everyone outside ohio, but it's absolutely devastating to everyone inside the state. OK, you had an AWFUL game, arguably your worst game your career during the most important time of it. ok fine. but this? do you think this is what the fragile fragile fragile cleveland psyche needs to hear? guess what lebron, you've had 3 games THIS SERIES where your effort was questionable. (not including the first half of game 1) this city, more than ever, needs to believe. dont give them that crap. spoiled? you're down 3-2 to a team EVERYONE expected you to easily handle. you're saying this now?

you had a bad game, ok. but learn how to handle these situations, media king. this is when you need to be angry. not ho hum, we lost this game, i had a bad game, you guys shouldn't always expect me to have great games.

in a game of this magnitude, after you've been arrogantly donning that crowd all these years, yes, you are expected to have a great game during the big moments. if you can't deal with it, then stop strutting around on the bench during 20 point blowouts in a regular season game.

What are people going to say after Lebron drops 50 tonight and dominates the game? It WILL happen, tonight is going to be a performance to remember, Cavs will win this series and Lebron will be the reason why, bet it. Lebron has a bad game now he has no heart and doesn't care? lol people are ridiculous but well see how the conversation turns after tonight's performance because he is going to come ready to play, im expecting huge things tonight to silence the haters.

^^LOL

As I said earlier, many people have bad games. That wasn't just a bad game. He didn't appear to be trying. He floated around the arc like he was Steve Kerr. And I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Did he look like he wanted to win at all costs to you? Because that what champions, and those in consideration for the best player in the NBA, do.

Love how anyone who doesn't kneel before King James is considered a hater. He's got tremendous skills. But he is not a great leader or a champion at this point. He may play great tonight. That doesn't change the fact that he played last game with no heart. No will to win.

And even if they somehow win 2 in a row, that's not gonna silence me. 2 years in a row his team was good enough to have the best record in the NBA, and you'll be excited if they make it to the E. Conference Finals? Supposed best player in the league. Best record in the league. If he doesn't win a championship....again....my view of him will be the same.

you know i understand people referencing the kobe game 7 meltdown, i think i mightve actually been the first to cite it.

but those lakers were never favorites to win a title. nor did they have the best record in the league. 2 years in a row. they weren't expected past the suns, in fact kobe had to pull some serious heroics to get them that far. the dude also went absolutely bonkers in game 6, did practically everything to get that team over the hump.

lebron has had not only had 3 pretty bad games in this series, he's had three games where he just hasn't shown much effort. 3 and a half, really, including an effortless first half in game 1. last year against orlando, lebron laid it all out there. no faulting him then, he still led his team with all he could, particularly in a great game 4, just couldn't get over the hump. but if he finishes this series while showing little effort during the majority of it? people have every right to question his killer instinct.

it comes with the territory, lebron.

I still don't get this argument about the team.
Exactly one NBA team has won 60+ games both this season and last. The Cavs. Yes it's mainly because of LeBron, but clearly their good enough.
Against Boston? Cavs were 3-1 this season. The one loss was the first game of the season. Cavs had beat the Celtics 3 straight times.
So what's happened? Clearly they follow the lead of LeBron. Regular season champs, and fold in the playoffs.

Wow! Lebron is really accepting of losing. He wears a Cavs uniform but his heart isnt in it.

9 Turnovers? Dang! that just means they are running isolations all day as their set offense. I thought Kobe was bad...hogging the ball pre-Gasol but this was worse.

Lebron is supposed to be the leader of this team and you dont see him leading, motivating, getting upset at his teammates for playing with no energy.

Mike Brown is THE WORST PLAYOFF COACH. I swear if you were to monitor brain activity of Mike Brown. The diagnosis would be brain freeze.

Did anyone notice where Shaq was in the 4th quarter on their try for a comeback? On the bench!

Hey, at least the Cavs had the best regular season record and NBA MVP. Moral victories are always good but those kinds of victories dont get you an NBA championship!

Last night's performance was better, but still not good enough imo. The success of entire cavs team is predicated on Defense, outside shooting and LBJ to close out games. LBJ has not delivered the last piece of the puzzle in playoff games in a consistent fashion. Furthermore, I'm still a firm beleiver that he dominates the basketball too much. LBJ choose not to let a Robin shine (Mo Williams or even Jamison) because of his propensity to dominate the ball for 44 mins per game. Whether this conscious or subconscious or not we'll never know. I would argue that Mo never got a chance to get into a groove because he has been relegated to playing off the ball. You got a chance to see what he is capable of last night a bit when he had the rock in his hands. Mo williams was a dynamic playmaker and scorer in his days in Milwaukee. The problem is that because Lebron dominates the ball he is relegated to being a spot up jumpshooter which doesnt maximize his basketball offerings.

It's funny how all these "Lebron lovers" say how great a player he is to lead a team blah blah blah. But after last night's performance...none of these "Lebron Lovers" are back on this thread to reply regarding last night's game.

It's so sad for Lebron to perform this way in front of Cavs fans. Last I checked Lebron's birth certificate does say "Born in the State of Ohio"

Lebron "Diva" James, you are a sellout! Cleveland and the state of Ohio gave you everything. Go to New York! Im sure you have enough money to change your birth certificate to "Born in New York"

Lebron "Diva" James, your reputation has now been tarnished! You gave up on the most important game of the season. It was worse than I predicted. Im sorry but the next team you play for will now consider this performance when giving you that extra $1 million.

There is no comparison between Kobe and Lebron...at least for now there isnt. This elitist attitude Lebron James has is sickening...you know how it goes, "Im Lebron James. I hang out with Jay Z. Im too good to be playing for Cleveland!"

This makes me miss Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, and Larry Bird even more. When you play to win at all costs and leave everything on the court.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsDq...ncalipari051410

Just a few snippets:
As James marched his way toward the interview room, his stable of agents, middlemen and childhood chums had to walk fast to keep up with him. They never do like letting King James out of their sights.
Together, they have big ideas, bigger plans and the biggest agenda this sport’s ever seen. The playoffs move on without LBJ, but deep down it reassures him that the Boston Celtics and Orlando Magic will never be as big of a story as the suspense he and his hangers-on will spin together.
“Me and my team, we have a game plan that we’re gong to execute,” James said.
Yes, his team. That’s where James’ loyalties lie, where together they’ll chase the one title he’s forever chased: the biggest free agent of his generation.

Together, these narcissists will manufacture a drama that will undermine the conference and NBA Finals, the NBA draft and Fourth of July parades in small towns and big cities across America. James and the Cavs lost Game 6 of the conference semifinals to the Boston Celtics, 94-85, but he hardly seemed devastated in the losing locker room.

Truth be told, James did something no champion would’ve ever dared: He quit on his teammates in Game 5 and that made it easy for the rest of them – and James – to quit in the final minutes of Game 6. This has been an indictment of the coaching staff and organization, but James, too. Mostly, James. The Cavs have turned out to be a great regular season team unfit for the playoffs, but James was the most responsible for this collapse in the conference semifinals. There was no culprit even a close second.

Still, James will get over it fast because he engages in so little self-examination. In his mind, and that of his cast of sycophants, blame belongs on his coach, Mike Brown, for his lousy adjustments and game plans. It belongs to general manager Danny Ferry for the unworthy teammates. James was no MVP in this series, but no one stays in his employ with impure thoughts of accountability.

The next time you hear James, as the franchise star, say, “This was on me,” will be the first. All around James, his yes men never require him to deal in the currency of truth. Aaron Goodwin, his old agent, tried to be honest with him and his high school buddies, and it got him fired five years ago.

whoa wait a minute. Does he not anoint himself "King James"? Last i checked, King means head of state, leader, or chief. Dont u just love it when someone anoints himself King....enjoys all the glory of the role but when there is criticism he runs and hides (to New York) because his performance is NOT up to par with his image!

he deserves criticism. his arrogance is why i don't like him, coupled with the fact that he likes to be a media darling.

but he's getting absolutely murdered by the media. ive never seen someone get ripped apart like hes been since game 5. part of me enjoys that he's getting all of it, but another part remembers that he's 25 and has a bit more maturing to do as a basketball player. people are going a little overboard with all this, its the conference semis, we have other things to talk about.

that and that he's simply not michael jordan. jordan's name should not be brought up in comparison with these other players, i don't care how great lebron has been since his career started. he's quit on his team 3 games in a row. jordan would've never done that.

random thoughts

I'm 24 turning 25 this summer and feel Lebron's immaturity is not a factor of his age alone. I feel that although I and many of my friends have alot of growing left to do, we're ahead of this guy in that dept. It's a copout defense of him.

Micheal Jordan won his 1st championship at 28, right?

I don't want to hear anything else about James at this point lol. We have 2 nice series coming up and we've had to listen to this "summer of Lebron" hype for so long I just want him to do what he will with as little media exposure as possible and be done with it. Which wont happen of course.

Echoing the statements of so many, he really didn't look hungry. Looked fairly apathetic all considered.

Kareem Abdul Jabaar said last week that he thinks the draft age minimum should be 21. I agree. You can be mature enough in body or skill and lack the proper discipline or mental toughness to play in the majors with the heart of a real contender/champion. Look at Freddy Adu (soccer reference, ouch) and now the very talented, but whiny and immature James. Here's hoping he proves me wrong in the future.

calling LeBron's supporting cast "garbage" is simply laughable.
As I pointed out earlier, the Cavs have been the best team in the NBA for 2 straight years. Only team with 60+ wins both years. So explain to me how LeBron is able to win all these games, despite the "garbage" he's surrounded with, yet can't get it done in the playoffs.

I think a better comparison for LeBron is Dirk Nowitzki. Can lead his team to the #1 seed, just can't win when it counts.

are you serious? What, are you saying CLE was the best regular season team in the league the last TWO years with GARBAGE players? Take off your Bron Bron panties for a second man...ok? Jordan had Pippen....and? who else? exactly NO ONE...he made his role players BETTER....you hear tat? JORDAN MADE "GARBAGE" PLAYERS BETTER. You think Jordan REALLY thought that Scottie Pippen was the best player CHI could have brought in?? Not a chance....but Jordan took what he had and made everyone better. Something Laydown James did not do....Jamison is a very good player, Mo willaims is a more than capable Pg, the rest of the CLE players are perfect ROLE players to surround James. Calling himself "King" since high school as really stunted his ability to accept his teammates for what they are.

the Lakers "bought" a whole new team for Kobe?....are you talking about Gasol? Open your eyes, compared to the CAVs role players, are the Lakers THAT much better? How exactly did the Lakers go BUY a whole new team?

Lebron will most likely be the second best player to ever play the game, but he has a lot of growing up to do. Yea Kobe got Gasol, but if he didnt mature before that they would have never one that last Championship. Bottom line is Kobe has figured it out...just like Jordan did, Kobe figured out what it takes to lead a team and be a Champ. Lebron will get there eventually, but right now his arrogance is sickening.

Im laughing at some of the comments made on this thread and....I thought id itemize a few

1. Garnett NEVER gave up when playing in MINNY. That is the difference!

2. The Cavs had the best record this season. What does this mean? Garbage players dont win 60+ games. Conclusion: Lebron had enough of a supporting cast to win a championship. Are you ready for what im going to say? Lebron had an enough of a supporting cast to win a championship....IF HE DIDNT QUIT on his team. Quitting on your team is a HUGE factor ESPECIALLY if you are the leader/"King" of your respective team.

3. Dirk Nowitzki? Cmon now. This guy shouldnt even be the 1st option.

4. Oh and by the way...I wake up this morning and I read that Lebron is courting Calipari to be his next coach. WTF is that! It must be because Calipari will let him dance during pre game warmups. Does Lebron really think this highly of himself that he can go out and hand pick his next coach? I would love to see Lebron's house. Im pretty sure he has pictures and art of himself in every room! Watch out Chicago Bulls! Here comes the next biggest/wanna be diva of our generation!

Did anybody friggin watch this last game of Lebron? It's unbelievable how noone has commented on it.

The guy was just eliminated from the playoffs and all he does is strut off the court like it was a regular season game against the Golden State Warriors. There wasnt a speck of disappointment on his face! There wasnt a speck of anger on his face. To win 60+ games and have nothing to show for it and you just walk off the court?

Watch him here after he hugs Rondo at the 4:41 mark.

I want you to specifically watch Lebron at the 5:06 mark when he takes off his Cavs jersey. What do you think he is telling himself as he walks off the court? Which of these below does NOT fit?

A. "Great season. I tried my hardest and left everything on the floor giving 100%. See you again next year Cleveland. I definitely need to get together with management to help improve this team and bring a championship to the city of Cleveland."

B. "Im tired. Where Jay Z at?"

C. "I hate this jersey. Ill never win a championship here."

D. "My work is done. Thank goodness I dont have to work overtime by playing a conference finals and NBA finals."

E. "I won 60 games for this damn city and brought home another MVP. My work is done. You dont pay me enough so you want me to win a championship for this city too?"

Answer: Most Definitely A.

LeBron can win the regular season games when nothing's riding on it, but when the pressure's on, LeBron fails. To this point in his career, this has been the case. He chokes in big games because....playoffs are a different animal.

And are you really trying to say that teams don't try as hard and focus on LeBron during the regular season? Please. Sad excuse. Everyone always focuses on LeBron. Every game. Even preseason. LeBron just didn't get it done.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #313 on: May 19, 2010, 03:03:25 PM »
People over analyze players' reactions after a win or loss.  Guarantee people would talk shit if Lebron would have shown more emotion after a loss, people would say oh look at this tantrum very immature.  If he cries, "look at this cry baby, take the loss like a man".  Everybody reacts differently, there isn't a certain championship way to take a loss lol

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #314 on: May 19, 2010, 03:52:41 PM »
Lakers.com forum, NIK?