Author Topic: Why LeBron Will NEVER Be Kobe...Cleveland is FINISHED.  (Read 9107 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Why LeBron Will NEVER Be Kobe...Cleveland is FINISHED.
« Reply #330 on: May 20, 2010, 10:09:10 AM »
What are you basing on that Lebron is better than Kobe ? Somebody can have 60 points, 20 assists and 20 rebounds but if his team doesn't win what's the point ? A great player must co-exist with the team and make everyone around him better. At least that's what makes the difference between a talented player and a great player imo.

westsiderider323

« Reply #331 on: May 20, 2010, 10:35:20 AM »
bottom line, LeBron CLEARLY has inferior talent to work with compared to Kobe with the Lakers & it's not even close to being debateable.

the Lakers are better than the Cavs, but LeBron is still better than Kobe.

keep saying, "he's got rings", but until you come to understand that's not an individual achievement, it's a pointless argument to bother with.

kobe is a better leader he dont let his team down sure they got blown the fuck out the water by the celtricks in the finals but came but and led the team to the finals again and won and he leading them again to the finals for the third straight year lebron and the cavs are just regular season beasts but when it comes to the real deal he cant lead for shit always lettin his team down he dont motivate them or leads the team hes not a real leader

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #332 on: May 20, 2010, 11:16:59 AM »
What are you basing on that Lebron is better than Kobe ? Somebody can have 60 points, 20 assists and 20 rebounds but if his team doesn't win what's the point ? A great player must co-exist with the team and make everyone around him better. At least that's what makes the difference between a talented player and a great player imo.

but that's just it, not anybody can have a 60, 20 & 20 game lol (i know he hasn't done that, before one of you jump on it  ::))

& what do you mean doesn't win? with a worst cast of support, he won four more games in the regular season than Kobe.

i'm saying LeBron is great for what he does & you're replies are that Kobe is great for what his team does; for what Shaq did, for what all those moves to get him a strong cast did because otherwise your "team leader" was about to bounce to the Bulls.

NIK likes to talk about what "everybody knows", what "people who know basketball know" & it doesn't take the worlds greatest analyst to see that the Celtics are playing there best basketball all season.

they could very well beat the Lakers in the Finals & if that's the case, how can you talk shit about LeBron losing to them if Kobe with a BETTER team can't beat them..? ???

put Kobe Bryant in his absolute prime & he wouldn't of gotten that Cavs team to the Finals a few years back; he can't do it without massive help.

you Laker supporters keeping saying "you have to make the players around you better"; Gasol was already an All-Star, NIK had already said Bynum was destined to be the next Wilt Chamberlain, Artest is a proven veteran & played as expected & same with Odom.

how is Kobe "making them better"? he's just playing with amazing talents & they mesh well together.

Steve Nash is somebody who makes players better, Kobe is just playing with a stacked-ass team & winning.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #333 on: May 20, 2010, 11:27:45 AM »
bottom line, LeBron CLEARLY has inferior talent to work with compared to Kobe with the Lakers & it's not even close to being debateable.

keep saying, "he's got rings", but until you come to understand that's not an individual achievement, it's a pointless argument to bother with.

kobe is a better leader he dont let his team down sure they got blown the fuck out the water by the celtricks in the finals but came but and led the team to the finals again and won and he leading them again to the finals for the third straight year lebron and the cavs are just regular season beasts but when it comes to the real deal he cant lead for shit always lettin his team down he dont motivate them or leads the team hes not a real leader

How was Kobe for a real leader when he quit on his team and wanted to be traded? Y'all niggas forget real quick.

When Kobe had a bad squad, his team blew a 3-1 lead and went out in the first fucking round. Ain't nobody talkin about that anymore? I still remember his faces. They were not kinder than LeBron's.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #334 on: May 20, 2010, 12:34:12 PM »
See, that's the difference. Kobe is missing and bricking shots like a stupid fag today, still the Lakers are having the lead and he can pass the ball to his teammates who handle that shit. If LeBron sucks as bad as Kobe today, the Cavs fall apart completely against a good team.

And that somehow doesn't fall on LeBron's leadership? It's up to LeBron to get them involved, if he really makes teammates better, like everyone says. Cleveland was fully capable of beating Boston and that's not arguable. Kobe also wasn't shooting bad (8-18 from the field) and at the same time he got everyone involved, considering the defense was more focused on him today...13 assists with only 2 numbers...another great performance. 8)

Thing is, it's easier to "lead" a team of players who can create for themselves and finish off nice passes from you, than to lead a team of players who are just lost at times. I'm sure you remember Kobe's disgusted faces back when his teammates sucked dick for the first time in his career. It's not that long ago. I've seen so many great LeBron passes bricked by guys like Varejao. Then the Cavs had the problem that they got Shaq and Jamison, 2 big names you can't just exclude from rotation if you are a bad coach like Mike Brown, and also 2 guys who don't contribute to the only real strength the Cavs have besides LeBron: team defense.

Anywho, before you crucify LeBron we still have to see 1) how the Lakers do against Boston and 2) how LeBron does in a talented team with a good coach

I still favor the Lakers to win the title... but with a roster of Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Artest and Bynum that shouldn't be attributed to Kobe being a God... he's not as good as he was 4 years ago - his teammates are just much better. Odom was completely lost as the 2nd best player on the team, he absolutely thrives as a bench nigga. Gasol for Kwame is a decent trade I might add, as is having Artest and Fisher instead of Walton and Smush and a matured Bynum compared to Chris Mihm.

Kobe's a smarrter player than he was 4 years ago, so he can most definitely control a game much better than he was able to back then, thus being a better player. Yea, he's beat up and his body wont always allow him to do the same things he was able to 4 years ago, but as a floor leader and someone who knows how to control a situation, Kobe's currently at the top of his game, as Jordan was in his 30's. Yea, Kobe has a good supporting cast, but it's not the hall-of-fame type of supporting cast that all the LeBron apologists are tryna make it seem. If LeBron was as good as some fanatics hype him up to be, his team woulda looked awesome, just like they did in the regular season. Varaejo got on the all-defense squad, Mo Williams has played so good that Cleveland was outraged when he didn't make the all-star team, Jamison was a first option on his team before being traded, and he also had a much better season than Garnett, i might add...The excuses are not cutting it, if LeBron was a true winner and lived up to the hype of "making everyone around him so much better", then the Cavs woulda looked awesone and they woulda handled the Celtics, as they were clearly capable of doing. Also, please don't compare this Cavs team, which won 60+ games in 2 consecutive seasons, to the Laker team Kobe had where Smush, Luke, and Kwame were starting, cuz that's just wrong...LeBron gave up in the most important game of his life, AFTER I started this thread. He went 3-15 and that's when his teammates knew he quit on them. That's when it was clear that there was no commodity and that's when it became obvious that LeBron has yet to get what it takes to be a winner...PeACe
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 12:46:26 PM by NIKCC »

Sccit

« Reply #335 on: May 20, 2010, 12:37:35 PM »

Don't you understand that when LeBron had the Cavs winning, EVERYBODY was saying that the Cavs team, as a whole unit, looked much better and way deeper than the Lakers? If the Cavs were still winning, that notion would still be well alive. Bottom line, LeBron had a team that was built to win and he wasn't ready to lead them. Stop making pathetic excuses and beating around the bush, because it makes you look foolish.

Sccit

« Reply #336 on: May 20, 2010, 12:45:33 PM »

How was Kobe for a real leader when he quit on his team and wanted to be traded? Y'all niggas forget real quick.

When Kobe had a bad squad, his team blew a 3-1 lead and went out in the first fucking round. Ain't nobody talkin about that anymore? I still remember his faces. They were not kinder than LeBron's.

That's where Kobe's winner mentality kicks in...He saw that the Lakers were rebuilding with young and incapable players, so he demanded that the front office get him some championship caliber help, because he only plays to win. LeBron doesn't have that in him. He already thinks he's the greatest gift to God's earth and he can win all on his own, even when he has a 60+ win team around him, with a fully capable PG in Mo Williams, a former first option in Antawn Jamison, an all-nba defender in Varaejo, a hall-of-famer in Shaq, etc...Point is, LeBron made 'em all look worse on the biggest stage of his life, and if that's not bad enough, he also played like his heart wasn't in it himself, EVEN going 3-15 in the most important game of the season. All these excuses are disgusting me, and people bringing up the teams Kobe was on which weren't expected to reach the playoffs is a horrible cop-out mechanism...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #337 on: May 20, 2010, 12:48:06 PM »
I'd never say LeBron's cast is as bad as Kobe's was back then. The Lakers had no business winning a playoff series with guys like Mihm, Walton, Kwame and Smush getting major minutes.
But neither is LeBron's cast as good as Kobe's current is.

It's just that comments like this one

make it seem as if it was weird as hell that LeBron is not going to the finals.
Let's get away from Kobe.
Let's talk about Garnett.
A great, GREAT player in his prime, never winning shit, literally crying on camera cause his teammates suck. I am not making this up. He cried on camera in an interview, for the basic reason that he's stuck with bad teammates.
Then he gets traded to a designed championship team, partly as a favor and instantly wins the title, even though he was clearly past his very prime. And now he still contests for the title even tough he's only a shadow of his former self. He used to always play 80+ games, never being hurt, always giving his all. Now that's completely over. He digressed extremely. Still he has much better chances of winning another title than he ever had with the Timberwolves.

So let's not pretend that for some weird reason LeBron is a loser or bad leader because he's not winning titles with the fucking Cleveland Cavaliers.

I'm eager to see LeBron signing with the Bulls along with Bosh. Bosh, James, Rose and Deng could dominate the league. If LeBron fails with that kind of team, then yes, I'll be the first guy to call him a loser.
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #338 on: May 20, 2010, 12:50:21 PM »
I'd never say LeBron's cast is as bad as Kobe's was back then. The Lakers had no business winning a playoff series with guys like Mihm, Walton, Kwame and Smush getting major minutes.
But neither is LeBron's cast as good as Kobe's current is.

It's just that comments like this one

make it seem as if it was weird as hell that LeBron is not going to the finals.
Let's get away from Kobe.
Let's talk about Garnett.
A great, GREAT player in his prime, never winning shit, literally crying on camera cause his teammates suck. I am not making this up. He cried on camera in an interview, for the basic reason that he's stuck with bad teammates.
Then he gets traded to a designed championship team, partly as a favor and instantly wins the title, even though he was clearly past his very prime. And now he still contests for the title even tough he's only a shadow of his former self. He used to always play 80+ games, never being hurt, always giving his all. Now that's completely over. He digressed extremely. Still he has much better chances of winning another title than he ever had with the Timberwolves.

So let's not pretend that for some weird reason LeBron is a loser or bad leader because he's not winning titles with the fucking Cleveland Cavaliers.

I'm eager to see LeBron signing with the Bulls along with Bosh. Bosh, James, Rose and Deng could dominate the league. If LeBron fails with that kind of team, then yes, I'll be the first guy to call him a loser.

That's what I'm saying too...The current LeBron is more like Garnett than he is like Jordan. The way he carries himself now, he will not be able to LEAD a team to a championship with a cast built around him, as Garnett wasn't...Point blank...PeACe

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #339 on: May 20, 2010, 01:09:00 PM »
@Cham; I've said this to you a couple of times but you see things so black and white. Worst cast of support ? Lol come one man, nobody was saying that shit when Cavs were killing it in the regular season. But now it has happened like three times in a row that they chocked in the play offs. Coincidence ? I think not. Do Lakers have a better team ? Yeah. But it's not that big of a difference. It's definitely not.

@Seven: you make a good point. I'd love to see James in an all star cast as you people say, so that we can finally end this debate.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #340 on: May 20, 2010, 01:47:36 PM »

That's the interview with Garnett crying. It's funny as fuck considering what a yapping douche he became once he killed the league with Boston :D

Starting at 4:00 mins. Awesome. At 4:30 he tells the camera man with his finger to stop filming because he's about to cry. So funny. Then after the break he cries anyway :D
"These are tears of pain. It's beating me up." "This ain't golf. This ain't tennis. I ain't about me. It's about us. It's not about what I'm doing. I just want the pieces (meaning he wants better teammates). I hate that I'm like this in front of you, man..  :'("   haha
At 6:40 mins he wants to cut it off again. But they ain't doing it. "I see the Spurs, I see Shaq with his new team... I talk to Chauncey a lot  :'("
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 01:53:05 PM by 7even »
No, it's not a sin

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #341 on: May 20, 2010, 04:13:53 PM »
@Cham; I've said this to you a couple of times but you see things so black and white. Worst cast of support ? Lol come one man, nobody was saying that shit when Cavs were killing it in the regular season. But now it has happened like three times in a row that they chocked in the play offs. Coincidence ? I think not. Do Lakers have a better team ? Yeah. But it's not that big of a difference. It's definitely not.

if the Cavs played the Lakers & Kobe & LeBron weren't playing, the Lakers would win every single game by double digits lol.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #342 on: May 20, 2010, 04:30:50 PM »

if the Cavs played the Lakers & Kobe & LeBron weren't playing, the Lakers would win every single game by double digits lol.

lol Laker fans are so torn with arguments like this. On one hand...they do like the idea that their team as a whole is better then the Cavs. On the other hand...they dont want to admit that Kobe has more help than LeBron. What to do? If only there was a way to make it seem as if the Lakers supporting cast and coach were better then LeBrons....but still be able to say LeBron has more help. lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #343 on: May 20, 2010, 04:36:15 PM »

lol Laker fans are so torn with arguments like this. On one hand...they do like the idea that their team as a whole is better then the Cavs. On the other hand...they dont want to admit that Kobe has more help than LeBron. What to do? If only there was a way to make it seem as if the Lakers supporting cast and coach were better then LeBrons....but still be able to say LeBron has more help. lol

LOL, exactly.

i think there is a 10 page thread somewhere in the sports section about how Phil Jackson is the greatest coach in history of coaching, but he's a "non-factor" when it's a Kobe/LeBron debate lol.

come to think of it, he wasn't the coach of the Lakers when Kobe was alone & finished .500 either, right? :laugh:

he needs the cast.

westsiderider323

« Reply #344 on: May 20, 2010, 04:43:31 PM »
lebron needs the right coach like kobe has phil michael had phil lebron has fuckin mike brown he aint winnin shit i dont think he can really motivate the team to win i wanna know what the fuck he did or said to the team those last two games he shouldve challenged lebron