Author Topic: should 2pac be considered a LA legand ? if so why and how  (Read 680 times)

firingsquad_pooh

• Muthafuckin' OG
should 2pac be considered a LA legand ? if so why and how
« on: May 05, 2010, 03:09:52 PM »
He's moved from the east coast to the bay 1st,then from the bay to La.what made him a la artist ?

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: should 2pac be considered a LA legand ? if so why and how
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 03:10:38 PM »
who cares?hes a worldwide legend...
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!

blackaUK

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 03:16:07 PM »
in no way what so ever can the words Tupac and LA rapper go together.  It is obvious that Tupac had an east coast flow and accent, brushed with some Oakland slang.  He was a NYC and Baltimore native that moved to Oakland, I feel as though he can rep Oakland since he made some moves there and actually resided there for a legnth of time, but he can\'t rep LA, thats where he lived when he was making money like alot of actors and rappers.  but that doesn\'t make these actors and rappers all of a sudden from LA.  For instance, Nas now lives in LA, so he\'s a LA niggah now?
hell naw, thats a Queensbridge niggah for ever.  And Tupac is a Bronx niggah forever. 

firingsquad_pooh

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 03:18:30 PM »
this has always been my point.he's from the east coast and just claimed whatever made him money at the time.if a bay or la rapper move to ny a new yorker will never say your from thier coast.pac was a bay artist,then  crip affiliated with thug life,then banging mob with shug and the piru's.i love pac but he was a great actor when it came to fitting in musically.

blackaUK

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 03:27:45 PM »
this has always been my point.he\'s from the east coast and just claimed whatever made him money at the time.if a bay or la rapper move to ny a new yorker will never say your from thier coast.pac was a bay artist,then  crip affiliated with thug life,then banging mob with shug and the piru\'s.i love pac but he was a great actor when it came to fitting in musically.

True, he made some what we can call \"Lil Wayne\" moves, but at the end of the day, a lot of people looked up to him.  And alot of west coast rappers have a connection to him because he threw their DUB up with East Coast swagger, and the timberland boots all open with them jeans, you know, he swag the west out.  Kind of how the Game is doing it now, bcause the Game gets some of his flavor from the East too, even though he\'s really from LA county.

Jaydc

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 03:31:47 PM »
Good ol dubcc,wheres judging by the threads youd think it was 1996

blackaUK

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 03:32:19 PM »
this has always been my point.he\\\\\\\'s from the east coast and just claimed whatever made him money at the time.if a bay or la rapper move to ny a new yorker will never say your from thier coast.pac was a bay artist,then  crip affiliated with thug life,then banging mob with shug and the piru\\\\\\\'s.i love pac but he was a great actor when it came to fitting in musically.

True, he made some what we can call \\\\\\\"Lil Wayne\\\\\\\" moves, but at the end of the day, a lot of people looked up to him.  And alot of west coast rappers have a connection to him because he threw their DUB up with East Coast swagger, and the timberland boots all open with them jeans, you know, he swag the west out.  Kind of how the Game is doing it now, bcause the Game gets some of his flavor from the East too, even though he\\\\\\\'s really from LA county.

but you also got to remember, Tupac\\\'s rap name when he was in Oakland was MC NEW YORK, so he was repping, you can look that up.  But when he joined Digital underground, they asked him to drop it, and he started going by his Government Tupac.  So he did rep, i just think the Oakland community was amazed by his flow so much, and supported him so much that he decided to show them love back by repping their soil.

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 03:32:48 PM »
I pray to 2pac before I go to bed every night.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 03:34:12 PM »
He represented Oakland/Tha Bay on his first 4 albums.

He shot 90% of his music videos in Oakland.

He never mentioned New York in his music until his 3rd album.

If you were listening to 2Pac in the early 90's 1991-1994 you would have no idea he was from New York since he didn't mention it in his music or portrayed the New York lifestyle in any of his videos.

He did one song about L.A. but he also lived in Atlanta too during 1994-1995 following the footsteps of Too $hort who moved there.

To me being a fan of his since his beginnings is a Bay Area artist because that's what he was known as from 1991-1995 until the whole Death Row confusion.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 03:36:40 PM by West Coast Veteran »

blackaUK

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 03:36:23 PM »

If you were listening to 2Pac in the early 90\'s 1991-1994 you would have no idea he was from New York since he didn\'t mention it in his music or portrayed the New York lifestyle in any of his videos.

He did one song about L.A. but he also lived in Atlanta too during 1994-1995 following the footsteps of Too $hort who moved there.

his rap name was MC New York, thats repping at its most highest level.  Also, look at him, that reps NY in its self, how many DMX looking niggahs you hear saying they \"thugged out\"...who says we are thugged out, and thugs, where does that terminolgy come from.  Don\'t be stupid and deny facts.  Here we go again.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 03:37:10 PM »

If you were listening to 2Pac in the early 90\'s 1991-1994 you would have no idea he was from New York since he didn\'t mention it in his music or portrayed the New York lifestyle in any of his videos.

his rap name was MC New York, thats repping at its most highest level.  Also, look at him, that reps NY in its self, how many DMX looking niggahs you hear saying they \"thugged out\"...who says we are thugged out, and thugs, where does that terminolgy come from.  Don\'t be stupid and deny facts.  Here we go again.

Once he moved to Cali MC NEW YORK was dead. U MAD?

No one knew his name was MC New York until the invention of the internet.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 03:39:02 PM by West Coast Veteran »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 03:37:45 PM »
The answer is he's from wherever he claimed. Primo was originally from the south but everyone knows he's considered an NY producer. Kurupt was originally from Philly but he's considered a west coast rapper. Devin the Dude was born in Florida but we all know him as claiming Houston. I don't think you can just go by where they were born, otherwise you'd have to change the status of all the other rappers as well.

I think we just have to conclude that at the time of his death, he was an LA rapper. But for the majority of his career, he was a Bay rapper. Take that as you will.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 03:39:27 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 03:39:12 PM »
The answer is he's from wherever he claimed. Primo was originally from the south but everyone knows he's considered an NY producer. Kurupt was originally from Philly but he's considered a west coast rapper. Devin the Dude was born in Florida but we all know him as claiming Houston. I don't think you can just go by where they were born, otherwise you'd have to change the status of all the other rappers as well.
Pretty much. 90% of it is what you rep.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 03:39:23 PM »
Good ol dubcc,wheres judging by the threads youd think it was 1996
:D

blackaUK

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 03:44:39 PM »

If you were listening to 2Pac in the early 90\\\'s 1991-1994 you would have no idea he was from New York since he didn\\\'t mention it in his music or portrayed the New York lifestyle in any of his videos.

his rap name was MC New York, thats repping at its most highest level.  Also, look at him, that reps NY in its self, how many DMX looking niggahs you hear saying they \\\"thugged out\\\"...who says we are thugged out, and thugs, where does that terminolgy come from.  Don\\\'t be stupid and deny facts.  Here we go again.

Once he moved to Cali MC NEW YORK was dead. U MAD?

No one knew his name was MC New York until the invention of the internet.

you\'re a liar, his name was MC NEW YORK in OAKLAND
until he met digital underground and became a back up dancing, search Shock suggesting him get a face lift.