Author Topic: Iron Man 2  (Read 1939 times)

JohnnyL

Re: Iron Man 2
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 08:25:05 AM »
 Finally got to see the movie, yesterday. Thought it was great. Robert Downey Jr. was once again, great as Tony Stark and I can honestly say I wasn't disappointed with the supporting cast at all.  I was afraid with so much going on in one movie, it might be difficult to juggle everything.  But everybody did a great job.  I thought Sam Rockwell in particular did a good job as the "Anti-Tony" type character. 
 There were a lot of funny scenes in this one, but I thought they actually worked pretty well as they seemed to fit Tony's character.  I also thought they did a nice job of making War Machine extra bad-ass. The end fight scene did seem a little short, but I thought it was at least choreographed and shot much better than the end fight from the first movie. 
 Did everyone remember to stay until after the end credit's, this time?

doggfather

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 08:32:45 AM »

yes! ;D 8)
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2010, 08:42:17 AM »

No, even though something said I should've. What happened?

kemizt

JohnnyL

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2010, 11:52:52 AM »

No, even though something said I should've. What happened?

***SPOILERS***

***If you haven't seen it, turn back now***

***Seriously***

***Last chance***

It showed Agent Colson from S.H.I.E.L.D. arrive in New Mexico where he finds a giant crater in the ground with a bunch of people standing around the crater looking, inside.  As Colson gets close to the edge of the crater, he looks in it and sees Thor's hammer sticking out of the ground.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2010, 01:04:31 PM »
Decent movie imo, only thing worth the money in that movie is Scarlett Johansson in that latex outfit

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2010, 03:53:24 PM »

kemizt

Jaydc

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2010, 04:18:06 PM »
It was decent,but makes iron man a little less then other super hero movies is the villains.their really wasnt any interesting iron man nemsises.It almost unfair how many villains the batman universe has compared to other super heros lol.Same with spider man and x men.Thats what makes those three the biggest names,the villains.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2010, 04:22:44 PM »
In the Iron Man universe, what villains are out there?  In the first two films, the villains that have come up are either somebody that was betrayed by the Stark family or somebody that was jealous.  It makes sense in the movie world, but is there a character that can be taken from the Iron Man universe that will play well on screen?  Somebody that is smarter than Tony Stark, has more charisma, and is more into making stealth-like items. 

JohnnyL

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2010, 08:30:44 PM »
In the Iron Man universe, what villains are out there?  In the first two films, the villains that have come up are either somebody that was betrayed by the Stark family or somebody that was jealous.  It makes sense in the movie world, but is there a character that can be taken from the Iron Man universe that will play well on screen?  Somebody that is smarter than Tony Stark, has more charisma, and is more into making stealth-like items.  

The tentative plan for the next Iron Man movie, according to Favreau (and assuming they make one) is to use The Mandarin.  The Mandarin is usually considered to be Iron Man's arch enemy in the comic books.  Jon Favreau has said they will probably have to make some updates to the character though to make him work for film.  His main concerns are that the character A) doesn't come off as being stereotypical and B) either has a plausible explanation for using magic rings as his weapon (as is the case in the comics) or has a something else as a suitable substitute for the magic rings that might work better in the movie.  One explanation he's considering is changing the magic rings to rings that actually just use highly advanced technology.

Here's a link to a brief interview Favreau did with MTV where he talks about this:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45017

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2010, 01:13:42 PM »
i enjoyed it, kinda served its purpose without ever blowing me away...

Scarlett Johansson in that latex outfit

:o

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 07:28:11 PM »
i liked it too, probably more than the first. scarlett can get it any time

samuel l jackon's nick fury is based on the ultimate version of nick fury in the comics, which looks EXACTLY like him funnily enough

really looking forward to the rest of the movies leading up to the avengers, that movie should really be awesome

Yeah.  I think I read somewhere that when they were designing "Ultimate Nick Fury," they based the design off of Samuel Jackson.  Which if true, I guess makes Samuel Jackson perfect casting.  I can understand some people not liking it though as it differs from standard Marvel continuity.  I always liked "Ulitmate Universe Nick Fury" though, so it's fine with me.

Noone could have played Nick Fury better than SLJ. He's perfect for the role. Just like The Kingpin was better with a black man than with a white man.

As far as the movie is concerned... I loved it! It had a lot of action. Pretty much everyone surrounding Tony Stark was in the movie... I liked it! And the ending was exciting! :)

I don't know enough about Nick Fury to tell what he's really like, and I haven't really seen Jackson play him other than a few ending scenes that don't show anything. I don't like most Marvel films.

But what makes Kingpin better as black? Is Duncan a better Kingpin than any other big name white actors? Maybe, but I don't think he was anything special as Kingpin. Then again, nothing was anything special in the Daredevil film.

I wouldn't mind seeing Captain America as black though, played by Michael Jai White.

JohnnyL

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 08:37:14 PM »

samuel l jackon's nick fury is based on the ultimate version of nick fury in the comics, which looks EXACTLY like him funnily enough

really looking forward to the rest of the movies leading up to the avengers, that movie should really be awesome

Yeah.  I think I read somewhere that when they were designing "Ultimate Nick Fury," they based the design off of Samuel Jackson.  Which if true, I guess makes Samuel Jackson perfect casting.  I can understand some people not liking it though as it differs from standard Marvel continuity.  I always liked "Ulitmate Universe Nick Fury" though, so it's fine with me.

Noone could have played Nick Fury better than SLJ. He's perfect for the role. Just like The Kingpin was better with a black man than with a white man.

As far as the movie is concerned... I loved it! It had a lot of action. Pretty much everyone surrounding Tony Stark was in the movie... I liked it! And the ending was exciting! :)

I don't know enough about Nick Fury to tell what he's really like, and I haven't really seen Jackson play him other than a few ending scenes that don't show anything. I don't like most Marvel films.

But what makes Kingpin better as black? Is Duncan a better Kingpin than any other big name white actors? Maybe, but I don't think he was anything special as Kingpin. Then again, nothing was anything special in the Daredevil film.

I wouldn't mind seeing Captain America as black though, played by Michael Jai White.

Yeah.  Even though this version of Nick Fury was created by the comic book writers with Samuel Jackson in mind, I think how well  Jackson actually does with the character is mostly yet to be seen.  I didn't mind his performance as Nick Fury in the Iron Man movies, but he hasn't had that much screen time thus far, either.  I think he'll probably do fine, but on the other hand I never had much invested in the Nick Fury character (either version, really) to begin with.
  As far as Kingpin, I thought Michael Clark Duncun was actually a decent choice.  I don't like it when a character's ethnicity is changed in these movies, if it serves no purpose because usually when they do that they don't focus on making the character good and instead focus only on trying to pander to a certain group. But in the case of Michael Clark Duncun, I didn't mind it because he had about the perfect build for Kingpin.  In the comics Kingpin is described as having a look that could initially be mistaken as being fat but is actually muscle.  Not saying they couldn't have found a white guy who fit that description, but I can't really think of a "known" white actor who looks like that.  Duncun not only fit the build but also had name-recognition (especially at the time).  Ultimately, it didn't save the movie from mediocrity, but I don't think Duncun was really the problem.  I'm sure Daredevil will be another one that Marvel Studios will reboot in a few years.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 08:48:38 PM »

Yeah.  Even though this version of Nick Fury was created by the comic book writers with Samuel Jackson in mind, I think how well  Jackson actually does with the character is mostly yet to be seen.  I didn't mind his performance as Nick Fury in the Iron Man movies, but he hasn't had that much screen time thus far, either.  I think he'll probably do fine, but on the other hand I never had much invested in the Nick Fury character (either version, really) to begin with.
  As far as Kingpin, I thought Michael Clark Duncun was actually a decent choice.  I don't like it when a character's ethnicity is changed in these movies, if it serves no purpose because usually when they do that they don't focus on making the character good and instead focus only on trying to pander to a certain group. But in the case of Michael Clark Duncun, I didn't mind it because he had about the perfect build for Kingpin.  In the comics Kingpin is described as having a look that could initially be mistaken as being fat but is actually muscle.  Not saying they couldn't have found a white guy who fit that description, but I can't really think of a "known" white actor who looks like that.  Duncun not only fit the build but also had name-recognition (especially at the time).  Ultimately, it didn't save the movie from mediocrity, but I don't think Duncun was really the problem.  I'm sure Daredevil will be another one that Marvel Studios will reboot in a few years.

Ok, as far as casting the Kingpin as a marketing tool Duncan was the best bet, but I never bought him in the role. For example, if Punisher Warzone finally decided upon to get a sequel and they wanted Kingpin I wouldn't go near Duncan. First because of the immediate connection with that Daredevil film and second because I'd rather a completely unknown guy who can look and act like Fisk get the part.

JohnnyL

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2010, 09:06:02 AM »

Ok, as far as casting the Kingpin as a marketing tool Duncan was the best bet, but I never bought him in the role. For example, if Punisher Warzone finally decided upon to get a sequel and they wanted Kingpin I wouldn't go near Duncan. First because of the immediate connection with that Daredevil film and second because I'd rather a completely unknown guy who can look and act like Fisk get the part.

My guess is, whenever they use the character next they won't go with Duncun again.  If for no other reason than to distance themselves from that Daredevil movie.  This is purely speculation on my part, but I would guess even if Kingpin shows up next in another Daredevil movie, they'll go for a more classic comic book look for him.  Particularly if Marvel Studios is doing the movie.

doggfather

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2010, 09:20:12 AM »
I tought Fury's personality, not the looks likes...

In this moovie, he was a nice guy, on the comics He isn't...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ