Author Topic: I'VE CROSSED OVER TO THE DARK SIDE !!!  (Read 2705 times)

Leggy Hendrix

Re: I'VE CROSSED OVER TO THE DARK SIDE !!!
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2010, 02:46:05 PM »
i dont give a fuck what anyone else says, Jiggas discog is top 5 easy...like someone else said, Reasonable Doubt, The Blueprint and The Black Album put him above 90% of anyone who's ever released anything imo
Discography means the entire catalog so all the pop albums he released make it impossible for him to have a top 5 discography.
Those 3 Albums you mentioned + american gangster are great but the rest keeps it far from the best discography.

i didnt say the best, i said top 5  ;)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Sikotic™

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2010, 02:51:09 PM »
\
i dont give a fuck what anyone else says, Jiggas discog is top 5 easy...like someone else said, Reasonable Doubt, The Blueprint and The Black Album put him above 90% of anyone who's ever released anything imo
Discography means the entire catalog so all the pop albums he released make it impossible for him to have a top 5 discography.
Those 3 Albums you mentioned + american gangster are great but the rest keeps it far from the best discography.
Exactly. For every decent album Jay has made, he has two shitty albums.

That doesn't sound like a good discography to me.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

the ghost

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2010, 02:58:41 PM »
\
Exactly. For every decent album Jay has made, he has two shitty albums.

That doesn't sound like a good discography to me.

That's silly.  He's put out some solid work through the years.  Sure he has some misses, but no rapper is without some lame shit.  But to say for every good album he puts out two shitty ones, still equals a volume of good work.  Tha'ts better than someone who puts out one good album and dissapears.

Jome

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2010, 03:34:29 PM »
OK.....just off the top of the dome without even thinking about it: Nas, Quik, Cube and Eminem.....shit, even Ludacris (and I don't even really like the guy) have discographies that shit all over Jay's (in terms of main stream). Even his best work Reasonable Doubt is overrated since all he did was do his best Biggie impersonation on that album.

Jay-Z a media darling, plain and simple, and you (and a lot of others) bought the hype. I respect Jay for his business accumen and he is the best rapper ever at marketing his own music. But you gotta be kidding me with that "best discog in hip hop" shit.

Ludacris? Quik? Fuck outta here. Nas's discography is about as consistent as Jays. A few great, mostly good, and a couple that are wack. Illmatic >> any Jay record. But Reasonable Doubt, Black Album and Blueprint are all better than the rest of Nas's albums.

Word.. Ludacris can't make a dope coherent album if his life depends on it, he got 3-5 bangers on each album, but he's just like Jada; kills every guest spot, and then sells totally out on each album he puts out.
Quik I'm not even gonna discuss, Nas can be considered.. he's not far behind Jay, but Nas' horrible beat-selections (he even admits it himself) puts him behind Jay. Nas needs musical direction, there's no doubting his skills though.

Cube & Em can be argued, but I think we can say that Cube, Em, Jay, Nas, all have been inconsistent.. more a matter of taste, which one you prefer.

True story.

Jay has 4 albums that are fucking dope.

How many other rappers can you name, with more than 4 "fucking dope" albums?

Hell, any other genre for that matter.. it sure as hell ain't common.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2010, 05:02:24 PM »
Lol @ jay having the best discog.  He's had one great album, one good album, and the rest varying between mediocre and ass. 

have you actually listened to his albums?

Bought everything thru the black album which is when he was last listenable...And that album is grossly overrated...peeps look at the production lineup and overate it off top. 

And I was buying all of those albums at the time when they were actually dropping and compared to other albums dropping at that time Jay's weren't really standing out.

Like he has of course had some great singles an shit, but as far as hip hop discogs go, Jay may not even be top 20.  He's got Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint which are dope, but the other albums are very forgetable.

Jay didn't get his spot until 2Pac and Biggie died.  He jacked Biggies lines, sucked some Jew dick and bam him and all the media called him the greatest and people bought into it.

Peace

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2010, 05:21:34 PM »
Jay's discography is very similar to Snoop Dogg's. There are a some classics in there, but at the same time there are some shitty albums. Both have had huge valley and peaks. I mean The Blueprint was inbetween maybe Jay-Z's worst albums, were as Snoop's worst album (The Game is to Be Sold Not Told) was during a period were Snoop was actually putting out good music. Neither artist is consistent and you line up their CDs, it's pretty obvious that they both have watered down their quality so they can put out quantity. If Good Ass Job reaches half the potential that it has with all the artist working on it, I'd put Kanye's discography over both Snoop's and Jay's discography.

Jay-Z:
Reasonable Doubt... Nice debut, almost classic
In My Life, Vol. 1... average
Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life... C+
Vol. 3... Life and Times of Sean Carter... average
The Dynasty: Roc La Familia... trash
The Blueprint... CLASSIC
The Blueprint 2: The Gift and the Curse... garbage
The Black Album... very nice, 4.5 mics
Kingdom Come... non memorable/average
American Gangster... B+
The Blueprint 3... pretty good

Snoop Dogg:
Doggystyle... classic
Doggfather... above average
The Game is to be Sold, Not Told... shit
No Limit Top Dogg... near classic
The Last Meal... B+
Paid the Cost to Be the Bo$$... nothing special
R&G Rhythm and Gangsta... garbage
The Blue Carpet Treatment... Straight up hot
Ego Trippin'... trash
Malice and Wonderland... average

Sikotic™

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2010, 05:48:39 PM »
Lol @ jay having the best discog.  He's had one great album, one good album, and the rest varying between mediocre and ass.  

Bought everything thru the black album which is when he was last listenable...And that album is grossly overrated...peeps look at the production lineup and overate it off top.  

And I was buying all of those albums at the time when they were actually dropping and compared to other albums dropping at that time Jay's weren't really standing out.

Like he has of course had some great singles an shit, but as far as hip hop discogs go, Jay may not even be top 20.  He's got Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint which are dope, but the other albums are very forgetable.

Jay didn't get his spot until 2Pac and Biggie died.  He jacked Biggies lines, sucked some Jew dick and bam him and all the media called him the greatest and people bought into it.

Peace
Couldn't have been said better. It's good to see that some people on Dubcc still have their own opinions and don't repeat what the media tells you to believe.

And M Dogg is on point too. Completely forgot about Kanye's discography. Better than Jay's by far.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 05:52:29 PM by Sikotic »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2010, 06:04:21 PM »
Lol @ jay having the best discog.  He's had one great album, one good album, and the rest varying between mediocre and ass.  

Like he has of course had some great singles an shit, but as far as hip hop discogs go, Jay may not even be top 20.  He's got Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint which are dope, but the other albums are very forgetable.

Jay didn't get his spot until 2Pac and Biggie died.  He jacked Biggies lines, sucked some Jew dick and bam him and all the media called him the greatest and people bought into it.

Peace
Couldn't have been said better. It's good to see that some people on Dubcc still have their own opinions and don't repeat what the media tells you to believe.

And M Dogg is on point too. Completely forgot about Kanye's discography. Better than Jay's by far.

Hell yeah, other than 808, Kanye has put out nothing but at least 4.5 mic quality. 808 was to be expected by any artist eventually, but Good Ass Job has Q-Tip, Pete Rock and RZA all lined up to help pitch in, so it looks like another album of at least 4.5 quality from Kanye. I'm almost, ALMOST willing to say Kanye's discography is lining up to Dr. Dre, if you include N.W.A. to Dr. Dre's. (Which I do personally be I consider Dre a producer so since he produced N.W.A. I think of their albums as his)

Others better than Jay.

Nas, Cube and Em like my man Sikotic said are light years ahead of Jay
Scarface
Rakim
T.I.
oh yeah, and my man Common (only one bad album I can think of off the top of my head)

Jaydc

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2010, 07:16:49 PM »
Funny enough I was just about to bring up the snoop comparison.Aint no way in hell jay z has the best discography or is the best rapper.hes a pop artist and has a penchant for hit singles.but he has no depth to his music whatsoever.Its shallow.Nas shows more purpose in his career with one verse then jay does in his entire career.Hell snoops got doggystyle,last meal,blue carpet treatmen,no limit top dogg,doggfather.All dope albums.But half of hios other albums are trash.The same for jay z.Half his albums are trash and the other good.Its media fabricated that jay z is the greatest.Nobody said that shit until he did.Just like NOBODY said reasonable doubt was classic until jay z started telling everyone it was classic.Then all of a sudden everyones sayings its classicI give jay z credit for his longevity and his hits but Ive never been moved by a jay z song.It was always,damn that beat is hot!

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2010, 07:25:46 PM »
Hey bring this hip hop tnb mumbo jumbo to the outbounds connection. *Waits for enyce to enter thread and orgasm*
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2010, 08:20:38 PM »

Peace

Hell yeah, other than 808, Kanye has put out nothing but at least 4.5 mic quality. 808 was to be expected by any artist eventually, but Good Ass Job has Q-Tip, Pete Rock and RZA all lined up to help pitch in, so it looks like another album of at least 4.5 quality from Kanye. I'm almost, ALMOST willing to say Kanye's discography is lining up to Dr. Dre, if you include N.W.A. to Dr. Dre's. (Which I do personally be I consider Dre a producer so since he produced N.W.A. I think of their albums as his)

Others better than Jay.

Scarface
Rakim
T.I.
oh yeah, and my man Common (only one bad album I can think of off the top of my head)

lets be honest, t.i. swagger jacked jay-z's whole style and flow. so please dont.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2010, 08:53:39 PM »

Peace

Others better than Jay.

Scarface
Rakim
T.I.

lets be honest, t.i. swagger jacked jay-z's whole style and flow. so please dont.

Maybe... but is discography is more consistent. Jay is getting out Jay'd by someone who swagger jacked him. Jay swagger jacked BIG, couldn't do it as well, TI swagger jacked Jay and did it better than Jay.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2010, 09:21:26 PM »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2010, 09:29:04 PM »
lol @ people comparing Jay-Z's discography to Snoops. Snoop has a horrible discography. Only one classic and a couple that are above average at best. The rest are trash. Jay-Z's discography is more similar to Nas. Either you are underrating Jay's music or overrated Nas's. Nastradamus is worse than any Jay-Z album.

TI? Lol. Come back when TI has released a couple classics. He doesn't even have one.

Is Jay-Z's discography Top 5? Fuck no. But it's better than most rappers. Face it, y'all are butthurt that he's become the biggest name in hip hop. Is he the greatest lyricist? Hell no. Nas is clearly the better lyricist. But as far as music goes, the consistency of their music is on the same level.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2010, 09:32:42 PM »
lol @ people comparing Jay-Z's discography to Snoops. Snoop has a horrible discography. Only one classic and a couple that are above average at best. The rest are trash. Jay-Z's discography is more similar to Nas. Either you are underrating Jay's music or overrated Nas's. Nastradamus is worse than any Jay-Z album.

TI? Lol. Come back when TI has released a couple classics. He doesn't even have one.

Is Jay-Z's discography Top 5? Fuck no. But it's better than most rappers. Face it, y'all are butthurt that he's become the biggest name in hip hop. Is he the greatest lyricist? Hell no. Nas is clearly the better lyricist. But as far as music goes, the consistency of their music is on the same level.

couldnt of said it any better myself my equal, yell