Author Topic: "I don't sell a lot of records cause people don't like me" Kurupt  (Read 1650 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: "I don't sell a lot of records cause people don't like me" Kurupt
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2010, 02:05:41 AM »
Lol at all this "he could sell if the music was better". Y'all are living in dreamworld. No other west coast rapper has been able to sell, why would Kurupt? Regardless of whether the music is good or not, or even if its classic, its not going to sell with today's mainstream trends. Even if he tried to make a hipster album, no one would give him a chance because of his image as a west coast artist.

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • i hav a massive dick
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2010, 02:10:06 AM »
The West Coast is in the Twilight Zone

Sikotic™

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2010, 02:12:37 AM »
Kurupt is becoming a bitter old man with that video and all this shit he's saying lately.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Geesta

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2010, 04:52:55 AM »
Kurupt had his 15 minutes of fame and wont be appreciated till he dies or he retires

sdmaxx1

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2010, 05:27:42 AM »
IT DONT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH NOT LIKING KURUPT OR ANY OTHER ARTIST FOR THAT FACT BOTTOM LINE TECHNOLOGY CHANGED THE GAME MORE THAN HALF THE FANS TO ANY MUSIC JUST DOWNLOAD THE SHIT FOR FREE NOT TO MANY GO OUT AN BUY IT. NOW IM NOT SAYING ALL PEEPS DONT GO BUY IT BUT MAN MUSIC NOW DAYS GETS DOWNLOADED JUST LIKE MOVIES NOW AND DOESNT MATTER IF YOU HAVE MAD PROMOTION OR NOT LOOK AT 50 CENTS LAST ONE THAT GOES TO SHOW YOU WITH ALL THE PROMOTION HE DID FOR THAT ALBUM AND AS KNOWN AS HE IS HE DIDNT SELL SHIT EITHER. I DONT THINK IS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THE ARTISTS SELLIN RECORDS ITS JUST THE WAY THE GAME IS NOW DAYS AND I THINK ITS ONLY GONNA GET WORSE. IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT ALL RECORD SALES ARE WAY DOWN FROM LETS SAY 5 TO 10 YEARS AGO YOU GOTTA DO YOUR SHIT INDEPENDENT AN GO ON TOURS TO MAKE YOUR CASH.

So Kurupt Keep doin your thing homie peeps are listenin and Im still a fan since the early 90's the game changed but you still have peeps out here supporting your music! Keepp crankin out music like Daz he seems to give us an album independently all the time more than most indi artist and i know hes makin some money shit! dpg fo life! keep crankin out that hard ass music!

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2010, 05:55:09 AM »
i think these are 2 good reasons why Kurupt doesn't sell many units.

1) he doesn't make any sense when he raps.
2) people are tired of hearing about the same subjects over and over again.

I think working with the mighty Clint Dingo might bring back his credability and who knows maybe Dingo will even ghost write for him, the lyrics would be awful but at least we'd be able to understand him!

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2010, 07:06:59 AM »
when doggystyle dropped i thought kurupt stole the show, some of the most memorable lines to me were by kurupt. shit, i liked snoop though but whenever it was kurupt´s turn to spit he just ripped it

Avalanche

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 06:41:32 PM »
he is lazy and doesnt care anymore. In the brief stint that he spent back on Death Row, there was a short glimpse of the old kurupt where he actually put thought into his lyrics..

1st part was true the 2nd part was way opposite

how do you figure? its pretty obvious that everything is true

Sikotic™

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2010, 10:22:19 PM »
It's just funny how he won't even acknowledge the possibility that he's fallen off as a reason why he doesn't sell records anymore.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Aaliyahized

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2010, 11:42:35 PM »
A few reasons. One...is he's too inconsistent nowadays. He'll put out some dope stuff and then the next track you hear from him, he's just cursing every other word and talking lazily on the beat instead of rapping.

The 2nd reason is just that the game has changed and Kurupt really hasn't. Yeah he tried to fit in with "Its Over" and stuff like that, but that was 10 years ago almost. He makes the same music now that he was making in 2005 and the game has changed alot in that time and he hasn't changed with it. So I'm sure his core fan base is still checking for him, but people who see a new Kurupt song up on a hip hop site, and don't know his backstory, or history in the game will prolly think his new stuff is wack.

Its unfortunate because Kurupt used to be one of my favorites...him and Prodigy from Mobb Deep used to be so ill in the 90's and when the new millenium came, they both have become real hit or miss.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2010, 11:53:32 PM »
drugs have taken their toll on him

Truth.

Drug madness starts at 3:20 lol

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/i3kU2Nc7nAg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/i3kU2Nc7nAg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

lmao +1

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2010, 11:55:06 PM »
"I don't sell a lot of records cause people don't like me." -Kurupt

Lol.. is that even for real... what did he do next cry in the corner like he's in preschool?

It's one thing to not like an album, its another to act like a bitch..

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2010, 02:06:38 AM »
I know a lot of money was spent promotin the Kuruption album.  Anyone who remembers that time when it came out remembers that long ass commercial that was corny as hell with a news reporter saying "this week in Kurupt news" and had Kurupt running from gunfire or something, that played every commercial break on BETrapcity for around a whole month st8 at the time of the album release.
Real talk!!plus everybody was hyped up for that album..

basefunk

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2010, 03:28:45 AM »
Kurupt lacks promotion, period!!!!!!!!  what if defjam signed him, and with lyor  cohen as the boss, not L.A Reid(the pop music exec), he probably would have been receiving the push that rappers at defjam used to get back in the days, but what do we have these days, a jimmy iovine that supports black eyed peas(as opposed to stat quo, who left eventually) and  sells headphones with a dr dre that is not playing with our emotions when it comes to detox.....

keep doing your thang kurupt,some of us loyal fans, got you!!!!

DJ ACE CAPONE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • An OG's OG
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2010, 12:47:08 PM »
I like him, I like his rap skills and I think he is actually getting better. I just don't like his production. If you want to install all your words to me, I usually need a beat I can feel and remember.
New mixtape out weekly:

Listen to my mixtapes bitches! www.DJACEINTHEMIX.com