Poll

???

yes
5 (55.6%)
no
4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Scottie Pippen: is he a still a "top 50" of all time player?  (Read 1182 times)

OG Hack Wilson

http://www.nba.com/history/players/50greatest.html 

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Nate Archibald

Paul Arizin

Charles Barkley

Rick Barry

Elgin Baylor

Dave Bing

Larry Bird

Wilt Chamberlain

Bob Cousy

Dave Cowens

Billy Cunningham

Dave DeBusschere

Clyde Drexler

Julius Erving

Patrick Ewing

Walt Frazier

George Gervin

Hal Greer

John Havlicek

Elvin Hayes

Magic Johnson

Sam Jones

Michael Jordan

Jerry Lucas

Karl Malone
Moses Malone

Pete Maravich

Kevin McHale

George Mikan

Earl Monroe

Hakeem Olajuwon

Shaquille O'Neal

Robert Parish

Bob Pettit

Scottie Pippen

Willis Reed

Oscar Robertson

David Robinson

Bill Russell

Dolph Schayes

Bill Sharman

John Stockton

Isiah Thomas

Nate Thurmond

Wes Unseld

Bill Walton

Jerry West

Lenny Wilkens

James Worthy

you can also add Duncan, Garnett, Lebron, Kobe and D-wade all to that list, all way above Pippen in their primes
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

The Watcher

Re: Scottie Pippen: is he a still a "top 50" of all time player?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 01:07:09 AM »
i dunno how any player from the 50s/60s can even be considered a 'top 50' player these days against players that have been around in the late 80s-90s/0xs

back when the nba started it was soft and most of the guys from back then wouldnt be able to play at todays level, so i'd say pippen will be a top 50 player for a long time to come and others will start dropping off that list first
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 01:28:26 AM »
I think they need to update list and make it 100 greatest players of all time

add:
Bob Macadoo
Dominique Wilkins
Carmelo Anthony
Gail Goodrich
Alex English
Kevin Durant
World B. Free
Norm Nixon
Gary Payton
Larry Nance
Jason Kidd
Tracy McGrady
Vince Carter
Shawn Kemp
Allen Iverson
Dirk Nowitzki
Artis Gilmore
Pau Gasol
Gilbert Arenas
Chris Bosh
Bernard King
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
Dikembe Mutombo
Chris Webber
Tom Chambers
Elton Brand
Ralph Sampson
David Thompson
Bob Lanier
Dan Issel
Spencer Haywood
Alonzo Mourning
Grant Hill

all can be considered above Pippen

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 01:35:42 AM »

add:
Bob Macadoo
Dominique Wilkins
Carmelo Anthony
Gail Goodrich
Alex English
Kevin Durant
World B. Free
Norm Nixon
Gary Payton
Larry Nance
Jason Kidd
Tracy McGrady
Vince Carter
Shawn Kemp
Allen Iverson
Dirk Nowitzki
Artis Gilmore
Pau Gasol
Gilbert Arenas
Chris Bosh
Bernard King
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
Dikembe Mutombo
Chris Webber
Tom Chambers
Elton Brand
Ralph Sampson
David Thompson
Bob Lanier
Dan Issel
Spencer Haywood
Alonzo Mourning
Grant Hill

LOL where the hell is Reggie Miller!?!

Easily a top 50 player of all time.  One of the greatest clutch performers in the history of the NBA and in the top 15 on the all time scoring list.  Yeah no  doubt he's better than Pippen and also one of the 50 greatest players of all time.

DIP DIP SET SET

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 01:50:35 AM »

add:
Bob Macadoo
Dominique Wilkins
Carmelo Anthony
Gail Goodrich
Alex English
Kevin Durant
World B. Free
Norm Nixon
Gary Payton
Larry Nance
Jason Kidd
Tracy McGrady
Vince Carter
Shawn Kemp
Allen Iverson
Dirk Nowitzki
Artis Gilmore
Pau Gasol
Gilbert Arenas
Chris Bosh
Bernard King
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
Dikembe Mutombo
Chris Webber
Tom Chambers
Elton Brand
Ralph Sampson
David Thompson
Bob Lanier
Dan Issel
Spencer Haywood
Alonzo Mourning
Grant Hill

LOL where the hell is Reggie Miller!?!

Easily a top 50 player of all time.  One of the greatest clutch performers in the history of the NBA and in the top 15 on the all time scoring list.  Yeah no  doubt he's better than Pippen and also one of the 50 greatest players of all time.

Yea, you can throw Miller in there as well...I just made that off the top of my head real quick. Jermaine O'Neal in his prime could also be argued.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 02:07:19 AM »
i dunno how any player from the 50s/60s can even be considered a 'top 50' player these days against players that have been around in the late 80s-90s/0xs

back when the nba started it was soft and most of the guys from back then wouldnt be able to play at todays level, so i'd say pippen will be a top 50 player for a long time to come and others will start dropping off that list first

They were the star players from that era, so they deserve their place. Can't compare different eras, of course they wouldn't be able to compete today, BECAUSE THEY"RE FROM THE 50's, lol.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 03:34:20 AM »
looks like i actually forgot 3 indiana players, if you count chris mullins, as well.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 06:25:00 AM »
I understand why you want to appease Spice because Miller def deserves to be there, but I wouldn't include guys like JO who of course have been GREAT in their prime if their prime was as short as JO's and if anything besides their prime sucked donkey balls like in JO's case. His first 4 or so years he has been irrelevant, and he also fell off way too early. Despite not being old as shit, he became a complete bum a few years ago. His field goal % has always been suspect for a big who doesn't really shoot 3s. Nevertheless, there have been a few great years for him, but Top 100 of all-time: no.

As for the Top 50 list, they rather have to extend that shit. You can't just drop niggas off. Also technically, of course players of the 90's and 00's shit on players from the 50's or 60's, especially physically - but still, those guys were owning their respective eras so you gotta cut them some slack.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 09:18:30 AM »
why not?

i never understood why people under rated pippen all his career.  Just cuz he played under michael jordan, doesnt mean he wasn't good.  There have not been any players close to him since he left and before he left, why would he get dropped??

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 10:32:59 AM »
why not?

i never understood why people under rated pippen all his career.  Just cuz he played under michael jordan, doesnt mean he wasn't good.  There have not been any players close to him since he left and before he left, why would he get dropped??

LOL why do you even comment on Basketball?

50 best players...when new ones come about...somebody will need to get dropped. Look at the ones Hack mentioned...if you think Pippen is ahead of any of those guys....you are complete idiot. LeBron and Wade still have a way to go in their career. But unless they die tomorrow...they will be far ahead of Pippen as well.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 01:11:37 PM »
I understand why you want to appease Spice because Miller def deserves to be there, but I wouldn't include guys like JO who of course have been GREAT in their prime if their prime was as short as JO's and if anything besides their prime sucked donkey balls like in JO's case. His first 4 or so years he has been irrelevant, and he also fell off way too early. Despite not being old as shit, he became a complete bum a few years ago. His field goal % has always been suspect for a big who doesn't really shoot 3s. Nevertheless, there have been a few great years for him, but Top 100 of all-time: no.

As for the Top 50 list, they rather have to extend that shit. You can't just drop niggas off. Also technically, of course players of the 90's and 00's shit on players from the 50's or 60's, especially physically - but still, those guys were owning their respective eras so you gotta cut them some slack.

I was sayin that JO in his prime can be argued above or at least on the same level of a Scottie Pippen...JO was a leader on some good Pacer teams that went deep in the playoffs and was a consistent 20-10 guy in his prime, while Pippen was mostly a 2nd option throughout his career. I can see how JO can be discredited because he's had some shitty years, but he was one of the first few high school guys to come in and it took him some extra time to develop. His prime was also cut short due to injury... but he was undeniably a beast in his prime...PeACe

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 09:51:29 PM »
why not?

50 best players...when new ones come about...somebody will need to get dropped. Look at the ones Hack mentioned...if you think Pippen is ahead of any of those guys....you are complete idiot. LeBron and Wade still have a way to go in their career. But unless they die tomorrow...they will be far ahead of Pippen as well.

I think in order to truly have a good list, you have to go through all the players, and actually rank them so that you can truly judge who gets knocked off. My first reaction is HELL NO PIPPEN DON'T GO! I remember watching him, I remember watching him without MJ, and the dude is by far one of the top 10 greatest players in my lifetime. With that said, is he still top 50 all time, I'm not sure. When Wade, 'Melo, Bosh, Paul and LeBron are done, I doubt it, but for right now I don't see any reason to question why he'd be bumped off. His better than Kidd, Nash, Nowitzki, AI, Hill, Payton or MOST anyone else who's prime was between 1999-2007. The only 2 I would say are over Pippen are Kobe and Duncan, but even then their might be other players that would be replaced in that list over Pippen, so who knows.

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 11:04:15 AM »
why not?

I think in order to truly have a good list, you have to go through all the players, and actually rank them so that you can truly judge who gets knocked off. My first reaction is HELL NO PIPPEN DON'T GO! I remember watching him, I remember watching him without MJ, and the dude is by far one of the top 10 greatest players in my lifetime. With that said, is he still top 50 all time, I'm not sure. When Wade, 'Melo, Bosh, Paul and LeBron are done, I doubt it, but for right now I don't see any reason to question why he'd be bumped off. His better than Kidd, Nash, Nowitzki, AI, Hill, Payton or MOST anyone else who's prime was between 1999-2007. The only 2 I would say are over Pippen are Kobe and Duncan, but even then their might be other players that would be replaced in that list over Pippen, so who knows.

I dunno about that. Top ten in YOUR lifetime? That list would include Jordan....Kareem...Magic....Bird....Hakeem...Barkley...Malone...Stockton...Robinson...etc. Not to mention current players like Kobe....Duncan....etc. I dont like to include players like Lebron and Wade just yet. Duncan and Kobe are nearing the ends of their careers...and have already accomplished enough to be considered top 50 all time (and higher). If LeBron or Wades career stopped toDAY...I dont know if they make that list. I assume by the end of their careers they will be high on it. But Pippen being top ten over the last 20-30 years or so....is pushin it IMO.  He was a great player. But my thing is...the amount of former NBA players ALWAYS grows. So as long as you keep the list at only 50....you are going to have better and better players being dropped off the list. If you kept this list up for 100 more years...imagine the greats that would fall off by that time.  And if you keep Pippen on....who else do you take off of there instead?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Mietek23

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 12:08:24 PM »

add:
Bob Macadoo
Dominique Wilkins
Carmelo Anthony
Gail Goodrich
Alex English
Kevin Durant
World B. Free
Norm Nixon
Gary Payton
Larry Nance
Jason Kidd
Tracy McGrady
Vince Carter
Shawn Kemp
Allen Iverson
Dirk Nowitzki
Artis Gilmore
Pau Gasol
Gilbert Arenas
Chris Bosh
Bernard King
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
Dikembe Mutombo
Chris Webber
Tom Chambers
Elton Brand
Ralph Sampson
David Thompson
Bob Lanier
Dan Issel
Spencer Haywood
Alonzo Mourning
Grant Hill

LOL @ Elton Brand being better than Pip - are you fuckin' crazy?! Use a fuckin' WIKIPEDIA and step your knowledge up dude:

NBA records:

- Career assists by a forward (6,135)[15]
- Career steals by a forward (2,307)[16]
- Career steals in the playoffs (395)[17]
- 3-point field goals made in an NBA Finals game (7, shared with Kenny Smith and Ray Allen)

Carrer Achievements:

* Pippen is one of three NBA players to record 200 steals and 100 blocks in a season (1989–90 season).
    * Pippen had 17 career triple-doubles in regular-season games.
    * Led NBA in steals (232) and steals per game (2.94) in 1994–95 season.
    * Third-most 3-point field goals made by a Chicago Bull (664).
    * His 10 NBA All-Defensive honors and 8 NBA All-Defensive First Team honors are each one shy of the NBA record.
    * Was half of the 10th tandem to score 40 points in the same game: Pippen scored 40 points and Michael Jordan scored 44 points against the Indiana Pacers on February 18, 1996
    * Was half of the 9th tandem (with Jordan) to record triple-doubles in the same game.
    * Pippen is one of four NBA players to lead his team in all five major statistical categories (points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals) in a season (1994–95 season).
    * Pippen was a member of the Olympic gold medal winning USA Men's National Basketball Teams from 1992 ("Dream Team 1", Barcelona, Spain) and 1996 ("Dream Team 2", Atlanta, USA).
    * Selected in 1996 as one of the "50 Greatest Players in NBA History"
    * Elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2010. The 1992 Olympic Basketball "Dream Team", which he played on, was elected to the Hall of Fame in 2010.

He was one of the greatest small forwards in history and def can be considered one of the top 10 defenders of all-time and you say a fuckin' Elton Brand is above him?! LMFAO!

Pip in his prime would fuckin' crush 90% of today's overhyped ass so called nba 'stars' and 'elite players' with his defense - ask Magic about it, he knows how fuckin' good Pippen was..

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 12:22:41 PM »

add:
Bob Macadoo
Dominique Wilkins
Carmelo Anthony
Gail Goodrich
Alex English
Kevin Durant
World B. Free
Norm Nixon
Gary Payton
Larry Nance
Jason Kidd
Tracy McGrady
Vince Carter
Shawn Kemp
Allen Iverson
Dirk Nowitzki
Artis Gilmore
Pau Gasol
Gilbert Arenas
Chris Bosh
Bernard King
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
Dikembe Mutombo
Chris Webber
Tom Chambers
Elton Brand
Ralph Sampson
David Thompson
Bob Lanier
Dan Issel
Spencer Haywood
Alonzo Mourning
Grant Hill

LOL @ Elton Brand being better than Pip - are you fuckin' crazy?! Use a fuckin' WIKIPEDIA and step your knowledge up dude:

NBA records:

- Career assists by a forward (6,135)[15]
- Career steals by a forward (2,307)[16]
- Career steals in the playoffs (395)[17]
- 3-point field goals made in an NBA Finals game (7, shared with Kenny Smith and Ray Allen)

Carrer Achievements:

* Pippen is one of three NBA players to record 200 steals and 100 blocks in a season (1989–90 season).
    * Pippen had 17 career triple-doubles in regular-season games.
    * Led NBA in steals (232) and steals per game (2.94) in 1994–95 season.
    * Third-most 3-point field goals made by a Chicago Bull (664).
    * His 10 NBA All-Defensive honors and 8 NBA All-Defensive First Team honors are each one shy of the NBA record.
    * Was half of the 10th tandem to score 40 points in the same game: Pippen scored 40 points and Michael Jordan scored 44 points against the Indiana Pacers on February 18, 1996
    * Was half of the 9th tandem (with Jordan) to record triple-doubles in the same game.
    * Pippen is one of four NBA players to lead his team in all five major statistical categories (points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals) in a season (1994–95 season).
    * Pippen was a member of the Olympic gold medal winning USA Men's National Basketball Teams from 1992 ("Dream Team 1", Barcelona, Spain) and 1996 ("Dream Team 2", Atlanta, USA).
    * Selected in 1996 as one of the "50 Greatest Players in NBA History"
    * Elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2010. The 1992 Olympic Basketball "Dream Team", which he played on, was elected to the Hall of Fame in 2010.

He was one of the greatest small forwards in history and def can be considered one of the top 10 defenders of all-time and you say a fuckin' Elton Brand is above him?! LMFAO!

Pip in his prime would fuckin' crush 90% of today's overhyped ass so called nba 'stars' and 'elite players' with his defense - ask Magic about it, he knows how fuckin' good Pippen was..

Im hopin he was jokin with that list. Half of those players havent even finished their careers....and havent made it to that "sure fire HOF'r" status yet. I mean....Tom Chambers > Pippen? lol