Author Topic: A mini rant about people that complain about soccer/football  (Read 3543 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: A mini rant about people that complain about soccer/football
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2010, 11:38:29 AM »
^yeah, but i'm sure that people root for there local clubs though, no?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2010, 12:31:47 PM »
^yeah, but i'm sure that people root for there local clubs though, no?

Not really.  In Mexico for example, the two most popular teams are Chivas and Club America.  They're from Guadalajara and D.F., but people all over Mexico root for them.  Also, the Mexican Americas all over the U.S. root for those two teams too.  Then you have the major European clubs where people all over the world root for them.  You can find Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Inter Milan, AC Milan, etc fans all over the world. 

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2010, 01:23:10 PM »
This pretty much sums up soccer

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/noOHdTQd6H8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/noOHdTQd6H8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

i legit LOL'D.

it felt so true; especially how the Spanish commentator was hyping shit up for no reason.

face it Soccer fans, you just love the sport because it's so nationally related; you just want to play another country or town beat them & then laugh in the other teams fans face.

in American sports, just because you live near a team, doesn't mean you like them. i HATE the New York Knicks & i root for Philadelphia 76ers; where in Soccer you don't live in Brazil & root for Argentina.

you guys treat it like Soccer determines which nation is better & go made hard; because that Simpsons thing showed, even though it was clearly overexaggerated, it's basically what you watch for 90 minutes to see one team score once, occasionally both score twice lol; no way that can hold your attention unless there is something more to it, which is there is; defending your nation's pride.

All of that is incorrect. Rivalries do exist but people watch football for the enjoyment of the game, which in its purest form is superb entertainment and great to watch. Sorry that you don't enjoy it, watch something else.

Proc pka KP

« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2021, 09:40:50 PM »
Soccer's for fags!!!

Sorry....had to do it lol. I can appreciate Soccer tho. I dont play it or anything...or even watch it regularly. But when the World Cup is goin on I tune in and pay attention. I used to play as a REAL little kid...Im talkin like 6 yrs old lol. I do gotta say tho....Im sure even big time Soccer fans hate to see a 0-0 game. Most fans whether casual...or hardcore....like some sort of offense (in whatever sport they are watching). Imagine a boxing match where no one landed a punch lol