Author Topic: Was Regulate the biggest westcoast song of the 90s  (Read 1257 times)

Jaydc

Re: Was Regulate the biggest westcoast song of the 90s
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2010, 10:59:48 PM »
Why dont we wait until the thread starter comes back and ask what he was really getting at.Because its obvious your thick headed and always want to appear to be correct no matter what.

And again if we go by your logic we might as well be throwing in other genres of music.Or are you completely ignoring this part?

And what proof do you have of baby got back being the biggest song?Or is it only your opinion just like everyone else and your trying to convince people its fact?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2010, 11:11:17 PM »
another good point jay...most people dont
1.know who sir mix a lot is
2.dont even or havent heard of his song to point it out

LMFAO!!! This is the funniest shit I've heard all day....just leave dude, cause you're butchering yourself. Now you've clearly exposed yourself as a Euro. You shouldn't even be in this debate when you clearly have no idea about the influence these songs have had. I don't know how you do it in Europe, but in America everyone and their grandma knows Baby Got Back. Ya know, I was actually here in the US listening to these songs when they came out and seeing the impact they had. I'm sure your experience was completely different. It's obvious you get your all your hip hop info entirely from the internet. Well let me school. For one, California Love was bigger than Regulate, and secondly, Baby Got Back was way bigger than either of them. And that's no hate on Europeans, but if you weren't here, you can't exactly speak on how big each of these songs were. You weren't listening to our radio stations, you weren't watching our tv, you weren't in on the current fads in our schools. And that's just how it is. It would be like asking me what the biggest songs in Europe were 20 years ago. How the fuck would I know? Even if I went on a European forum and loved their music, I still wouldn't presume to speak on its influence.

Jaydc

« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2010, 11:13:37 PM »
From my research,baby got back sold two million singles,and california love has sold two million.But all eyez on me has gone 9x times platinum.So what makes baby got back a bigger song?Becuase it gets played at weddings for novelty and used in a couple movies makes it a bigger song?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2010, 11:22:00 PM »
Why dont we wait until the thread starter comes back and ask what he was really getting at.Because its obvious your thick headed and always want to appear to be correct no matter what.

And again if we go by your logic we might as well be throwing in other genres of music.Or are you completely ignoring this part?

And what proof do you have of baby got back being the biggest song?Or is it only your opinion just like everyone else and your trying to convince people its fact?

Sure....let's wait  ::) But westcoast rap is a regional genre. How can you possibly say its a specific sound? Did you just ignore all those examples I just listed? I'd like to see you try to even define what makes a song "westcoast." Go ahead.

And what are you on about throwing in other genres? This is a hip hop forum, clearly he's talking about rap songs. It's quite obvious that there are much bigger songs outside of the rap genre.

The reason I go out and say Baby Got Back is the bigger song is because I assumed its something everyone would know. Just by looking at its influence here in the states, and not even having to look up numbers. Just like you could tell me what's the biggest thing going on in Canada, simply from you being there. I don't need to look up numbers, seeing as how I was here. Both songs sold extremely well and got airplay. But one remained mostly for hip hop fans while the other one became a huge thing outside of hip hop, from movies to clubs etc., one of those songs that everyone knows. Novelty, yeah but still bigger. Most huge songs are novelty. That's why they are so successful.

Jaydc

« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2010, 11:31:14 PM »
lol @ you being there.You know canada isnt some small country in europe or south america.I experience the same shit,I see the same tv shows,I hear the same music.The differences between the states and canada is minimal.So that just showed typical american ignorance but thats pretty much expected.Like I said I live a couple hours from where sir mix a lot was born,Im closer to him then you are.

Ive literally seen you make posts about songs sounding westcoast so should we even touch that subject?Every region has a sound that defines it,did you just crawl out of a hole?Thats why when say a premo track comes on people say something like thats vintage new york right there!or when a new generic ice cube song comes on they say thats westcoast shit right there!

So when baby got back comes on people dont say man thats a great westcoast song,they say man this songs hilarious!when california love or regulate come on people say man thats a great westcoast track!classic!

So when someone asks whast the biggest westcoast song people dont talk about baby got back they talk about songs that sound westcoast.Again the question wasnt what song that came from an artist that is born from the westcoast is the biggest song its whats the biggest westcoast song.

And again your not really saying much,just stating your opinion.I see the sales being the same.And Ive never met a person in my life who hasnt heard regulate or california love or baby got back.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 11:33:45 PM by Jaydc is dying everyday »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2010, 11:31:34 PM »
From my research,baby got back sold two million singles,and california love has sold two million.But all eyez on me has gone 9x times platinum.So what makes baby got back a bigger song?Becuase it gets played at weddings for novelty and used in a couple movies makes it a bigger song?

The fact that you even have to go and look up numbers shows that you aren't aware of its influence. It's a staple of pop culture while California Love isn't. The more people who know of a song the bigger it is. Cmon this is shit anyone should know.

Fyi, All Eyez on Me had a different version of the song on it, plus five of its own singles, plus its an album by 2Pac, plus it was released by Death Row. Not sure what that proves.

Jaydc

« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2010, 11:34:45 PM »
lol @ me looking at the numbers indicating.All that shows is im actually trying to prove my point with facts while you just keep stating your opinion over and over.

Elano

« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2010, 11:38:59 PM »
rapsodie and jaydc: the battle of the retards  :D

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2010, 11:40:06 PM »
lol @ you being there.You know canada isnt some small country in europe or south america.I experience the same shit,I see the same tv shows,I hear the same music.The differences between the states and canada is minimal.So that just showed typical american ignorance but thats pretty much expected.

Ive literally seen you make posts about songs sounding westcoast so should we even touch that subject?Every region has a sound that defines it,did you just crawl out of a hole?Thats why when say a premo track comes on people say something like thats vintage new york right there!or when a new generic ice cube song comes on they say thats westcoast shit right there!

So when baby got back comes on people dont say man thats a great westcoast song,they say man this songs hilarious!when california love or regulate come on people say man thats a great westcoast track!classic!

So when someone asks whast the biggest westcoast song people dont talk about baby got back they talk about songs that sound westcoast.Again the question wasnt what song that came from an artist that is born from the westcoast is the biggest song its whats the biggest westcoast song.

And again your not really saying much,just stating your opinion.I see the sales being the same.And Ive never met a person in my life who hasnt heard regulate or california love or baby got back.

If Canada and the U.S. are the same, then why aren't you aware that Baby Got Back was bigger? It sure was over here. And are you saying your mom and your grandma know those two songs?

You seem to be putting words in my mouth. Did I ever say a song couldn't sound like its from west coast? G Funk is associated with the west coast. But just cause a song isn't G Funk doesn't mean its not west coast. Didn't I just point out that Masta Ace's Born to Roll sounds west coast?? The question is IS it west coast? No, its an east coast song. Cause Masta Ace is an east coast rapper. And kind of funny you mentioned Ice Cube considering his first album didn't sound west coast either. Are you telling me Nigga You Love to Hate ISN'T a west coast song? Please answer this question. And then please answer about Blu. And all the alternative rap groups on the west coast. Are they not west coast either?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2010, 11:40:47 PM »
rapsodie and jaydc: the battle of the retards  :D

looks like this thread is toast. Was good while it lasted

Elano

« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2010, 11:41:20 PM »
don't worry, i don't give a fuck about you two

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2010, 11:42:28 PM »
If you didn't you wouldn't post here

Elano

« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2010, 11:44:38 PM »
If you didn't you wouldn't post here

this thread is not about you or gaydc  :-*

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2010, 11:46:20 PM »
.......and you're still here. Big surprise. If its not about me or Jaydc do you have anything relevant to add to this discussion?

Elano

« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2010, 11:50:34 PM »
.......and you're still here. Big surprise. If its not about me or Jaydc do you have anything relevant to add to this discussion?

you are boring as hell,please stop.