Author Topic: Kobe for finals MVP...  (Read 980 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Kobe for finals MVP...
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 02:02:50 PM »
If Kobe has an off Game 7; scores like 21 points, a few assists & rebounds; he's still going to get it.

Like somebody said, "If Gasol drops 60"; even if that was the case, they'd still probably give it to Kobe.

If the Celtics win, I hope they give it to Rondo; I think they'd have to unless Ray Allen had a ridiculous game.

Like it or not, Kobe has easily been the most consistent in the series (although Pau has played GREAT when his game is on)

He has, but you know that he's the poster boy, he'd get the award because God forbid it went to someone else.

They would bring back the LA riots if they gave it to anybody else.

If a player on the losing team could win the MVP....Im pretty positive some people on here (NIK) would take a Kobe MVP with a Lakers loss in the finals over a Lakers win in the finals without Kobe being the MVP lol

I don't know, man. He needs Kobe to get his rings; that's literally his only argument for Kobe.

Stats prove him wrong, but now they magically don't mean anything; MVP's became a "popularity contest" when LeBron started winning them & Shaq was "average" in his prime & Kobe put that 3peat team on his shoulders. ;D

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 02:09:49 PM »
If Kobe has an off Game 7; scores like 21 points, a few assists & rebounds; he's still going to get it.

Like somebody said, "If Gasol drops 60"; even if that was the case, they'd still probably give it to Kobe.

If the Celtics win, I hope they give it to Rondo; I think they'd have to unless Ray Allen had a ridiculous game.

Like it or not, Kobe has easily been the most consistent in the series (although Pau has played GREAT when his game is on)

He has, but you know that he's the poster boy, he'd get the award because God forbid it went to someone else.

If a player on the losing team could win the MVP....Im pretty positive some people on here (NIK) would take a Kobe MVP with a Lakers loss in the finals over a Lakers win in the finals without Kobe being the MVP lol

I don't know, man. He needs Kobe to get his rings; that's literally his only argument for Kobe.

Stats prove him wrong, but now they magically don't mean anything; MVP's became a "popularity contest" when LeBron started winning them & Shaq was "average" in his prime & Kobe put that 3peat team on his shoulders. ;D

Im surprised he doesnt say shit like..."LeBron had Shaq too and didnt win a title...Kobe > LeBron".
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 02:11:47 PM »

Im surprised he doesnt say shit like..."LeBron had Shaq too and didnt win a title...Kobe > LeBron".

LOL, I think he was saving that one for a special occasion & you just ruined it for him.

teecee

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 08:17:21 AM »
Kobe played hard yesterday, but I know you die hard Kobe fans are hurting a little bit with your boy shooting like that.   He WAS the best player in the series, but then again, did ANYONE else on either team play consistently

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 09:53:10 AM »
They should of given the award to multiple people lol.

It's honestly a joke to give Kobe all the credit for what Gasol & Artest did throughout the series; especially in the deciding Game 7.

Kobe reffered to his teammates as his "supporting cast". :D

teecee

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 10:54:08 AM »

It's honestly a joke to give Kobe all the credit for what Gasol & Artest did throughout the series; especially in the deciding Game 7.

Lebron calls his teammates his supporting cast as well; these guys all have HUGE ego's.

Kobe was the third best Laker last night, but he WAS the best Laker throughout.   However, in the Laker wins, I'd say Gasol was maybe the best...

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 10:58:39 AM »

thoughout the series? dont get me wrong artest has been consistent defensively but on offense the part of the game that is needed to WIN these guys were streaky at best.

kobes been consistent minus game 7.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 11:46:59 AM »

Lebron calls his teammates his supporting cast as well.

Deservingly so lol.

They are a supporting cast; Gasol, Artest & Odom are the reason why the Lakers won.

Sure, Kobe is the leader, Kobe is the best, they couldn't do it without Kobe; but likewise they couldn't do it without any of the people I named either.

They are a team, plain & simple; Kobe is as much Gasol's "supporting cast" as Gasol is part of Kobe's "supporting cast".

teecee

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 12:24:43 PM »

Deservingly so lol.

They are a supporting cast; Gasol, Artest & Odom are the reason why the Lakers won.

Sure, Kobe is the leader, Kobe is the best, they couldn't do it without Kobe; but likewise they couldn't do it without any of the people I named either.

They are a team, plain & simple; Kobe is as much Gasol's "supporting cast" as Gasol is part of Kobe's "supporting cast".

I am in no way a Kobe fan, but he IS the most important player on that team.   Having said that, throughout the playtoffs, the rest of the team has had some biug moments, no ibgger than Artests and Gasol's game winners in the first and third round, and their play last night.   

Whaty is scary is that team is so incredibly talented...what will happen if they learn to play cionsistently, as a team? 

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 12:56:16 PM »
What you guys don't understand is if he has a capable supporting cast,Kobe finds ways to win, no matter what. That's his greatness...If his shot is not falling, his defense is spectacular, and Kobe grabbed 15 boards last night, knowing that every team who had won the rebounding battle has won the game. People who are saying Artest or Gasol or any one of the supporting players meant as much to this title run as Kobe are really tryna downplay the greatness of the team leader...You take Kobe out of that series, and it changes the whole outcomes, 100%...you take any other player out, either team, and there would still be competition. Lakers played amazing, the supporting players stepped up, but there is clearly an incredible player driving our team, and some of you need to appreciate being spoiled with the chance to watch such greatness unfold before your eyes.

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010, 01:02:33 PM »

Deservingly so lol.

I am in no way a Kobe fan, but he IS the most important player on that team.   Having said that, throughout the playtoffs, the rest of the team has had some biug moments, no ibgger than Artests and Gasol's game winners in the first and third round, and their play last night.   

Whaty is scary is that team is so incredibly talented...what will happen if they learn to play cionsistently, as a team? 

what do you mean "learn to play consistently"? are you being series? we're back-to-back champs, we know what it takes and we get it done. you need to understand that we've been winning with a hobbled, beatdown Kobe and a starting center playing on one knee...we are true warriors, the definition of it. we hadn't lost three games in a row since acquiring Pau Gasol up until late this year...this whole "when Lakers learn to play consistent" stuff is straight bullshit, because we are clearly the most consistent team in the league...and what's scary is that we're one of the youngest. 8)

teecee

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2010, 01:05:59 PM »
What you guys don't understand is if he has a capable supporting cast,Kobe finds ways to win, no matter what. That's his greatness...If his shot is not falling, his defense is spectacular, and Kobe grabbed 15 boards last night, knowing that every team who had won the rebounding battle has won the game. People who are saying Artest or Gasol or any one of the supporting players meant as much to this title run as Kobe are really tryna downplay the greatness of the team leader...You take Kobe out of that series, and it changes the whole outcomes, 100%...you take any other player out, either team, and there would still be competition. Lakers played amazing, the supporting players stepped up, but there is clearly an incredible player driving our team, and some of you need to appreciate being spoiled with the chance to watch such greatness unfold before your eyes.

Like I said in this thread, and before, Kobe was Clearly the best player in this series...no other player was consistent.   Kobe, in the biggest game maybe of his career, grabbed a shitload of rebounds and put forth a great effort.   HOWEVER, he shot 25 percent...pretty bad for a game 7 of the NBA finals, right?  

I respect Kobe for doing what he had to do to win the title; he DID miss some big shots in the playoffs, including two game winners where Gasol and Artest bailed him about, but that is what TEAMS are made of.  If anything, Kobe stans are straight realizing how importand Gasol and Artest and Fisher are...Gasol was a n absolute beast in Lakers wins in the series.

I don't think Kobe played great last night- he himself said he was pressing too much, maybe a little nervous, and was therefore off.   He played well enough to win...which makes him the best player by far in the series, and by far the most consitent.   I have no problem with even calling him the best player in the game...what this series does do, however, is kind of remove Kobe from the GOAT talks, at least for a while.  He just was not dominate, especially in moments during the playoffs where you expected him to be.  

I MEAN, consistenly, from game to game...surely, you get that, right?   The Lakers could be straight winning series 4 straight with their talent, like the Lakers in 2001.  Ya dig?

NIK, I asked you the question before...WHAT DOES KOBE NEED TO DO, IN YOUR EYES, TO BE CONSIDERED BETTER THAN MJ?

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2010, 01:23:18 PM »

Like I said in this thread, and before, Kobe was Clearly the best player in this series...no other player was consistent.   Kobe, in the biggest game maybe of his career, grabbed a shitload of rebounds and put forth a great effort.   HOWEVER, he shot 25 percent...pretty bad for a game 7 of the NBA finals, right?  

I respect Kobe for doing what he had to do to win the title; he DID miss some big shots in the playoffs, including two game winners where Gasol and Artest bailed him about, but that is what TEAMS are made of.  If anything, Kobe stans are straight realizing how importand Gasol and Artest and Fisher are...Gasol was a n absolute beast in Lakers wins in the series.

I don't think Kobe played great last night- he himself said he was pressing too much, maybe a little nervous, and was therefore off.   He played well enough to win...which makes him the best player by far in the series, and by far the most consitent.   I have no problem with even calling him the best player in the game...what this series does do, however, is kind of remove Kobe from the GOAT talks, at least for a while.  He just was not dominate, especially in moments during the playoffs where you expected him to be.  

I MEAN, consistenly, from game to game...surely, you get that, right?   The Lakers could be straight winning series 4 straight with their talent, like the Lakers in 2001.  Ya dig?

NIK, I asked you the question before...WHAT DOES KOBE NEED TO DO, IN YOUR EYES, TO BE CONSIDERED BETTER THAN MJ?

You realize most of those shots Kobe took were extremely difficult shots, right? Celtics were smothering him with all their hearts, ALWAYS throwing 2 or 3 guys on him at once. he couldnt get ANY easy opportunities...It was the most amazing defense I have ever seen. But the offense was horrible BOTH WAYS...because, honestly, that was one of the greatest defensive efforts I've ever seen, from both teams. we shot 32% AS A TEAM, and still won..We did it on the defense and glass, and that doesn't get as appreciated as pretty offense, but it's just as big, especially in a grind it out game like that... Kobe has already matched or surpassed Jordan from a talent standpoint, in my eyes. what it will take for him to be considered GREATER would be more titles on the resume. if he takes this team to 2 or 3 more titles, it would be stupid not to put him up there...he's already in the discussion, no doubt, as Fisher said last night...but we'll really be able to judge once he reaches that ceiling, which is not any time soon. 8)

teecee

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2010, 01:30:21 PM »

You realize most of those shots Kobe took were extremely difficult shots, right? Celtics were smothering him with all their hearts, ALWAYS throwing 2 or 3 guys on him at once. he couldnt get ANY easy opportunities...It was the most amazing defense I have ever seen. But the offense was horrible BOTH WAYS...because, honestly, that was one of the greatest defensive efforts I've ever seen, from both teams. we shot 32% AS A TEAM, and still won..We did it on the defense and glass, and that doesn't get as appreciated as pretty offense, but it's just as big, especially in a grind it out game like that... Kobe has already matched or surpassed Jordan from a talent standpoint, in my eyes. what it will take for him to be considered GREATER would be more titles on the resume. if he takes this team to 2 or 3 more titles, it would be stupid not to put him up there...he's already in the discussion, no doubt, as Fisher said last night...but we'll really be able to judge once he reaches that ceiling, which is not any time soon. 8)

It was great defense by both teams, but also some horrible shots by both at times.   And NIK, i do NOT give a FUCK about talent...its all about what you do on the court.   There are a alot of smart people in the world who aren't as accomplished as others...lots of great tathletes who don't make it, etc

II'm saying, what does Kobe need to accomplish?   What if  the Lakers win two more titles, and Kobe gets two more MVP's?   Then, he would likely have 4 finals mvp's to Jordan's 6, way less scoring titles, lless MVP's, lower averages in EVERYTHING, but one more title?  Is Kobe then better?   If so, Is Bill Russell better than Kobe?!   

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2010, 01:57:42 PM »

It was great defense by both teams, but also some horrible shots by both at times.   And NIK, i do NOT give a FUCK about talent...its all about what you do on the court.   There are a alot of smart people in the world who aren't as accomplished as others...lots of great tathletes who don't make it, etc

II'm saying, what does Kobe need to accomplish?   What if  the Lakers win two more titles, and Kobe gets two more MVP's?   Then, he would likely have 4 finals mvp's to Jordan's 6, way less scoring titles, lless MVP's, lower averages in EVERYTHING, but one more title?  Is Kobe then better?   If so, Is Bill Russell better than Kobe?!   

Look, stats don't mean shit...LeBron James will probably end his career breaking most of Jordan's scoring records, and will definitely break his rebounding and assists records...THAT DOES NOT MAKE HIM A BETTER PLAYER. It seems as if Steve Nash has a chance at ending his career with more MVP awards than Kobe...THAT DOES NOT MAKE HIM A BETTER PLAYER. In their prime, on the basketball court, Kobe has every ability Jordan did and then some...Sure, Kobe was brought into the league under different circumstances than Jordan, thus giving him less of a chance to capture all those scoring titles and early MVP awards...That's because he started out as a student of the game, and he played behind people and worked his way up, unlike Jordan, who was handed the Bulls franchise from day one...but that is part of Kobe's greatness...The fact that he had to climb that ladder is what made him peak so hard. Harder than anyone. Now, all he needs is those titles...that's what the great players play this game for. If he can take this team to a couple more titles, he's there. Fuck all the awards, the scoring titles, all that shit...doesn't mean shit...what can the player do for the team?...and clearly, Kobe is currently doing for the Lakers what Magic did for the Lakers in the 80s, and what Jordan did for the Bulls in the 90s...it's spectacular, and to try and take away from that is pretty stupid...PeACe