Author Topic: Kobe for finals MVP...  (Read 984 times)

teecee

Re: Kobe for finals MVP...
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2010, 06:53:30 AM »
What you guys don't understand is if he has a capable supporting cast,Kobe finds ways to win, no matter what. That's his greatness...If his shot is not falling, his defense is spectacular, and Kobe grabbed 15 boards last night, knowing that every team who had won the rebounding battle has won the game. People who are saying Artest or Gasol or any one of the supporting players meant as much to this title run as Kobe are really tryna downplay the greatness of the team leader...You take Kobe out of that series, and it changes the whole outcomes, 100%...you take any other player out, either team, and there would still be competition. Lakers played amazing, the supporting players stepped up, but there is clearly an incredible player driving our team, and some of you need to appreciate being spoiled with the chance to watch such greatness unfold before your eyes.

Oh, so the one game Kendrick Perkins is out & the Lakers (as a team) grab a ridiculous amount of offensive rebounds & Kobe got in on that, that's not coincidental at all? :D

That's just "Kobe stepping up". :D

He had the worst imaginable game offensively after I can quote you 40 million times "he's the best scorer in Basketball history" & he's "so clutch" & "Kobe would never come up flat like LeBron in a game like that" & was LUCKY that Gasol & Artest came to play on both sides of the ball or else we would really be shitting on Kobe.

They should of given the award to multiple people lol.

It's honestly a joke to give Kobe all the credit for what Gasol & Artest did throughout the series; especially in the deciding Game 7.

Kobe reffered to his teammates as his "supporting cast". :D

Lebron calls his teammates his supporting cast as well.

Deservingly so lol.

They are a supporting cast; Gasol, Artest & Odom are the reason why the Lakers won.

Sure, Kobe is the leader, Kobe is the best, they couldn't do it without Kobe; but likewise they couldn't do it without any of the people I named either.

They are a team, plain & simple; Kobe is as much Gasol's "supporting cast" as Gasol is part of Kobe's "supporting cast".

I am in no way a Kobe fan, but he IS the most important player on that team.   Having said that, throughout the playtoffs, the rest of the team has had some biug moments, no ibgger than Artests and Gasol's game winners in the first and third round, and their play last night.   

Whaty is scary is that team is so incredibly talented...what will happen if they learn to play cionsistently, as a team? 

I'm not denying Kobe is the best, but he gets credit like he makes Gasol & he is the reason Artest came up big in Game 7; acting as if it could of been anybody in the world & they would of gotten the job done; don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but act as if he had the Cavs squad (minus LeBron) he could of had the same result.

It's not true, Gasol is arguably the best big man in the West (offensively), Artest is an elite defender & Odom would be the 2nd or 3rd best player on just about every other team in the league & he's coming off the bench; Derek Fisher is almost as big a leader as Kobe for them & without that core of guys, Kobe couldn't get it done.

He's blessed to be in the situation he's in; people give Kobe too much credit like he's the soul reason they win, he's the biggest piece, but then again, he's just a piece.

every player on the team shot bad, don't you get it? even gasol and artest...it was a defense oriented game, and that's where kobe got the job done. lebron could never win a game like that, so don't even put him in this discussion.

Wouldn't you say Artest was better defensively?   

considering that rebounding is a huge part of defense, no

So then, Lebron is a better defender than Kobe?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2010, 09:27:33 AM »
^Of course not, he doesn't have a purple & gold jersey.

EDIT: I'm sure according to "some people" LeBron had a worse Game 7 in the ECF than Kobe in the Finals. :D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 09:32:24 AM by Chamillitary Click »

Sccit

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2010, 01:39:44 PM »
What you guys don't understand is if he has a capable supporting cast,Kobe finds ways to win, no matter what. That's his greatness...If his shot is not falling, his defense is spectacular, and Kobe grabbed 15 boards last night, knowing that every team who had won the rebounding battle has won the game. People who are saying Artest or Gasol or any one of the supporting players meant as much to this title run as Kobe are really tryna downplay the greatness of the team leader...You take Kobe out of that series, and it changes the whole outcomes, 100%...you take any other player out, either team, and there would still be competition. Lakers played amazing, the supporting players stepped up, but there is clearly an incredible player driving our team, and some of you need to appreciate being spoiled with the chance to watch such greatness unfold before your eyes.

Oh, so the one game Kendrick Perkins is out & the Lakers (as a team) grab a ridiculous amount of offensive rebounds & Kobe got in on that, that's not coincidental at all? :D

That's just "Kobe stepping up". :D

He had the worst imaginable game offensively after I can quote you 40 million times "he's the best scorer in Basketball history" & he's "so clutch" & "Kobe would never come up flat like LeBron in a game like that" & was LUCKY that Gasol & Artest came to play on both sides of the ball or else we would really be shitting on Kobe.

They should of given the award to multiple people lol.

It's honestly a joke to give Kobe all the credit for what Gasol & Artest did throughout the series; especially in the deciding Game 7.

Kobe reffered to his teammates as his "supporting cast". :D

Lebron calls his teammates his supporting cast as well.

Deservingly so lol.

They are a supporting cast; Gasol, Artest & Odom are the reason why the Lakers won.

Sure, Kobe is the leader, Kobe is the best, they couldn't do it without Kobe; but likewise they couldn't do it without any of the people I named either.

They are a team, plain & simple; Kobe is as much Gasol's "supporting cast" as Gasol is part of Kobe's "supporting cast".

I am in no way a Kobe fan, but he IS the most important player on that team.   Having said that, throughout the playtoffs, the rest of the team has had some biug moments, no ibgger than Artests and Gasol's game winners in the first and third round, and their play last night.   

Whaty is scary is that team is so incredibly talented...what will happen if they learn to play cionsistently, as a team? 

I'm not denying Kobe is the best, but he gets credit like he makes Gasol & he is the reason Artest came up big in Game 7; acting as if it could of been anybody in the world & they would of gotten the job done; don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but act as if he had the Cavs squad (minus LeBron) he could of had the same result.

It's not true, Gasol is arguably the best big man in the West (offensively), Artest is an elite defender & Odom would be the 2nd or 3rd best player on just about every other team in the league & he's coming off the bench; Derek Fisher is almost as big a leader as Kobe for them & without that core of guys, Kobe couldn't get it done.

He's blessed to be in the situation he's in; people give Kobe too much credit like he's the soul reason they win, he's the biggest piece, but then again, he's just a piece.

every player on the team shot bad, don't you get it? even gasol and artest...it was a defense oriented game, and that's where kobe got the job done. lebron could never win a game like that, so don't even put him in this discussion.

Wouldn't you say Artest was better defensively?   

considering that rebounding is a huge part of defense, no

So then, Lebron is a better defender than Kobe?

LeBron can't stay in front of his man the way Kobe can...he is a better rebounder, though. better be at 6'8" 220.

teecee

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2010, 12:09:17 PM »
Kobe is a GREAT player, deserved the finals MVp despite having an average at best game- its about time his team bailed him out instead of vice versa to be honest.

Props to Kobe and the Lakers- there is no reason he shouldn't get two more finals MVP's.   

Despite all of the above, there is still no logical reasoning as to why Kobe is BETTER than Jordan.   

Stats?  MJ.   
Titles?  MJ   
MVP's?  MJ   
Scoring titles?  MJ   
Assists ?  MJ   
Rebounds?   MJ     
Steals?   MJ   
Blocks?   MJ       
Playoff performances?  MJ 
 Finals perfromances? Mj

None of the above has to do with the media or Nike so fuck off with that BS

Kobe MAY overtake Jordan in titles, but if that is the barometre for best of all time, then I guess Russell is the man.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2010, 01:21:30 PM »
Kobe MAY overtake Jordan in titles, but if that is the barometre for best of all time, then I guess Russell is the man.

Robert Horry > Jordan
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2010, 01:26:04 PM »

Robert Horry > Jordan

Fisher > Stockton
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2010, 01:26:26 PM »

Robert Horry > Jordan

I have no problem saying Russell was the man, but then again, Kareem had better stats than anyone living, and he had the best longevity. It's hard to call GOAT though. With positions it's easy, MJ and Kobe played the same position so you can argue one over the other. With big men, you can argue Russell vs. Kareem vs. Shaq vs. Duncan vs. Chamberlain.

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2010, 01:27:14 PM »

Robert Horry > Jordan

Fisher > Stockton

Kerr > Payton

Jesus...I could do this forever...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2010, 01:28:27 PM »

Robert Horry > Jordan

Fisher > Stockton

Kerr > Payton

Horry > Kobe  :o

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2010, 01:32:02 PM »

Robert Horry > Jordan

I have no problem saying Russell was the man, but then again, Kareem had better stats than anyone living, and he had the best longevity. It's hard to call GOAT though. With positions it's easy, MJ and Kobe played the same position so you can argue one over the other. With big men, you can argue Russell vs. Kareem vs. Shaq vs. Duncan vs. Chamberlain.

You can really only go by position. I think MJ is the ONE guy tho where you can throw position out the window. He is the GOAT. Like I said, you could take a poll of every single HOF'er alive...and he would probably have over 90% of the votes. Other than him though, yeah you have to go by position. Like I said before....look how things have been as of late. The NBA and the media would definitely prefer to call a perimeter player the "best player in the world/game". During the last decade you have had Duncan and Shaq. Both considered top ten ALL time NBA players..but both rarely referred to as the "best player in the world/game". Only best bigman in the world/game

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2010, 01:33:06 PM »

Robert Horry > Jordan

Fisher > Stockton

Kerr > Payton

Horry > Kobe  :o

Horry hipchecking Nash into the scorers table > Kobe's career  ;D