Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Under Pressure f/ Jay-Z & Kanobby (new version with chorus)  (Read 16850 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Dr. Dre - Under Pressure f/ Jay-Z
« Reply #180 on: June 16, 2010, 08:52:03 PM »
Is this how techno music sounds?  :-\ ???

The beats bouncy, the drums bang but its not better than alot of the stuff out there its tryna be like. Jayz sounds live on it no doubt. It just aint what we're used to hearing off dre. I know he tryna make a sound he aint done before, but why try and make a sound thats been done before in hiphop already? But just not by dre and its not even as good. Dre sounds horrible, he sounds blunt. Jayz sounds alot more engergetic.

Cats like timbaland who do this twenty times as good are probably laughing hard at the moment if this is how dre was planning on coming back. I aint even hating, it does NOT suck, it aint a bad track, its something which would def get spins in a club BUT it aint nothing close to classic material. Dres tryna go in da club route tryna make something big like that. Not that theres anything wrong with that because when in da club gets put on spin in clubs to this day come summer, cats still wild out to it but this...:\ ...this be some...stale sorta shit. I'm just dissapointed moreso because its a dre track than the actual track. If dre did this for jay-z..i wouldnt be so mad....id be like yo this aite...but if dre was thinking about using this as his first single for detox...then nawww...its aite...just not on some next shit aite you know?! lol niggaz dont wait ten years for a limp track...

Best thing about the track is the drum pattern, it goes really well with the main body of the joint, but it aint nothin major...

Still dre/next episode shiiit alllll over this.

Dre needs to get them muthafuckin heatrocks out...but when dre was serious/possibly is serios about this being his first single...im a little worried about what else he got...lol...

All i will say is that this could be big...how big...i don't know...Another club jam could easily take the shine off this even from a noname nigga, it aint a classic sounding joint!

The guitar sort of melody of the beat reminds me of an old busta joint but that was quicker and busta went gully on it and it still got love in clubs...this shit is generic on a whole next level...but yo just 'MAYBE' this could be huge lol...dre and jigga...thats alot of corporate niggaz power right there

-1-
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 08:54:04 PM by LyRiCaL_G »

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #181 on: June 16, 2010, 08:57:50 PM »
This is way below my expectations i hope this is a joke
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #182 on: June 16, 2010, 09:02:07 PM »
^^^Pretty much and this coming from someone who dont even think this is wack. I think its got potential to be BIG but its just not what i was kinda lookin for.

I was expecting some next new sorta funk for a club. Like when still dre hit the clubs, like when next episode hit the clubs, like when in da clubs hit the clubs. This if he serious about it will be big i got doubt, but it won't be in the same category as those just mentioned

DJ ACE CAPONE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • An OG's OG
« Reply #183 on: June 16, 2010, 09:02:23 PM »
Shitty!

New mixtape out weekly:

Listen to my mixtapes bitches! www.DJACEINTHEMIX.com

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2010, 09:06:34 PM »
This song is polarizing, I think people will either love it or hate it.

My reaction is  ???

woof

« Reply #185 on: June 16, 2010, 09:07:32 PM »
Akon: "He played it for me. I was shocked. I was like, 'Wow, that's dope!' When the world hear this, they might go crazy!"

OKAY :laugh:

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #186 on: June 16, 2010, 09:09:39 PM »
Akon: "He played it for me. I was shocked. I was like, 'Wow, that's dope!' When the world hear this, they might go crazy!"

OKAY :laugh:

dj quick "he's remixing chopin and symphony stuff, insanity !"

The D.O.C and

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #187 on: June 16, 2010, 09:12:02 PM »
Played it about 5 times it's ok nuten crazy.  I wan a hear the finished version and I'll judge it then. 

thegooddoc

« Reply #188 on: June 16, 2010, 09:17:07 PM »
I'm lovin it.  8)  Jay-Z's verse it hot and I think Dre's flow is on point. I can see it gettin spins on the radio and the club. 

If nothing else, Dre has gotten tons of buzz of this leak.

The_Offence

« Reply #189 on: June 16, 2010, 09:19:36 PM »
jay z killed that shit dre came kinda weak.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #190 on: June 16, 2010, 09:19:54 PM »
this is horrible

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #191 on: June 16, 2010, 09:29:24 PM »
To be honest...

Interscope, Aftermath, Dre, Jimmy, everyone claiming (and that's litterly everyone who heard it) that it was the next best thing since sliced bread...are you for real?

It's supposed to be DRE who revolutionizes everything with his sound...not him trying to sound like all the other current shit...i'm sorry but for Dre's/Detox's standards....this is just pathetic.

Now, in terms of just a rap song in general, it is very decent. If this was anyone else, I would have probably thrown it straight to the recycling bin.

That being said, it will probably do amazing if fixed up/mixed and officially released. I know it's Detox/Dre/Jay, but still, what's that say about the state of music?

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #192 on: June 16, 2010, 09:41:07 PM »
I don't care if Dre is revolutionary but at least have it be quality.  This doesn't sound fresh.  It's boring.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #193 on: June 16, 2010, 09:51:51 PM »
This shit aint amazing, but I reckon that beat goes, shit would go off in the clubs, that big ass synth/bassline sound is ill.

Jay sounds dope on this, don't see the hate but it is what it is, Dre doesn't sound that ill, and he's one of my favourite spitters voice and delivery wise.

Interested in seeing how the final product works out, but I can fuck with it atm so sall good.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #194 on: June 16, 2010, 10:28:42 PM »
What I don't get is how some of you are excusing this song by saying its probably not a detox single. Hello? This is Dre we are talking about. This a song from a producing legend, the guy with the perfectionist attitude who barely releases anything. Whether its for Detox or for promotional purposes, I think we all should be expecting something way better than this. At the very least let it be something I can call dope. So you're telling me out of all this supposedly "classic" music in the Dre vault, he chooses to leak a half ass attempt at techno hip hop? How is this supposed to excite anyone or promote anything?