Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Under Pressure f/ Jay-Z & Kanobby (new version with chorus)  (Read 16853 times)

PLANT

Re: Dr. Dre - Under Pressure f/ Jay-Z ***DRE RESPONDS***
« Reply #390 on: June 22, 2010, 05:32:34 PM »
A little something for the DUBCC board - feel free to spread it. This is the latest version that I have received, which features the artist Kanobby on the hook. I'm not too familiar with dudes work, although I have heard of someone under that name working with Murs, Terrace Martin, and so on (that's http://twitter.com/kingkanobby). Can only assume it's the same person.

Dr. Dre (f/ Jay-Z & Kanobby) - "Under Pressure"

https://www.yousendit.com/download/YWhQa3NjR3N3NUpjR0E9PQ

It's a MAJOR improvement on the existing track out there IMO. Sounds legit to me too, although am of course working on getting more info.
wow :o  to me this version sounds sick!!!  the hook is crazy, fits the beat well IMO serious club potential....this version sounds really well polished

illchicano

• Lil Geezy
  • d-funkalot records
Re: Dr. Dre - Under Pressure f/ Jay-Z & Kanobby (new version with chorus)
« Reply #391 on: June 22, 2010, 06:24:33 PM »
 8) this version alot better!!could bump it now!! :bandit:

KyleEshna

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #392 on: June 22, 2010, 06:33:53 PM »
Can someone re-up the version with Kanobby?

TRG

PLANT

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #395 on: June 22, 2010, 06:47:26 PM »
lmao at the chrorus...cmon guys...

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Matty

« Reply #396 on: June 22, 2010, 06:58:16 PM »
lmao at the chrorus...cmon guys...

for real :laugh:

thanks for the up conan! the supposed 'chorus' version is just....sounds very odd in a bad way with the vocals. terrible, in fact. somebody has just turned the gain up loads and recorded the hook over the previous leak from the sounds of it. doesn't sound real at all.

PLANT

« Reply #397 on: June 22, 2010, 07:27:58 PM »
snoop posted a link to this version on his twitter

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #398 on: June 22, 2010, 07:44:42 PM »
I love still dre, easily one of my favourite dre tracks...yes jigga wrote dres verses but yo, dres verses were gully i admit but lets be real, even though they were fire, most people love the track because of the beat which was amazing and the hook by snoop 'im representin for the gangstas all across the wurrrrrld STILL' lol...nobody sound fresher on a dre beat than snoop...and that was just perfect, great verses, great hook, great chemistry great music.

As for snoop...lol@anyone not wanting him on detox thats all i gotta say about the topic.

About tryna tell niggaz why they like snoops music lol, jus that crazy unique flow/voice, those catchy classic lines and when he on his gangsta tip, especially when he was younger, shit was dope. Same with the shit he spit for younger niggaz out there, nothing deep but nice shit to listen and be like 'aint that the truth'

Jiggaz verse on here is dope though, its club music, jigga sound lively...i like dres part at the end 'i smoke/i drink etc' its classic dre vibes lol he actually could have got someone like snoop to do that sorta thing on the joint, his voice and persona would have probably fit better but whatever, i actually like the way they spittin, they just gotta clean up the beat abit...Ima wait to make a final judgement till i hear a final version...if there ever is one or when we finally get a joint which is in its final form and comfirmed as the first single for detox!

Hold it!

Matty

« Reply #399 on: June 22, 2010, 08:03:06 PM »
the lines are all there and the lyrics is fine for a club joint, just the beat and the sonics seem a million miles off what dre would normally do, REGARDLESS of the music direction (electronic, club, etc). so here's hoping a finished version takes this to something next level and inspired. i'm having a tough time imagining it, but if it can be done using the basic structure on the leak - melody, lyrics, rhythm, then dre can do it.

i got a feeling that the way dre works means the sound and overall sonics of the track will change a lot and that what we heard is much more about the 'concept' of the beat - put together to the extent that it can be used for references purposes/laying vocals. so i imagine the real sound of it will come later when he's messing with it. what the concept could actually sound like fully fleshed out is what would have been in his head when laying down the basic elements we hear here. will be interesting to hear it and i hope it's really dope. but it does have to change a hell of a lot.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:20:03 PM by Matty »

sav

« Reply #400 on: June 22, 2010, 08:16:48 PM »
Oh shit, it's a banger now.

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
« Reply #401 on: June 22, 2010, 08:36:51 PM »
wow that track got so much gayer now with the kanobby dude on the chorus.....u sure Kanobby or whatever didn't just download the leaked version, tweaked a couple screws, then added his own chorus to the song for promotion???

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #402 on: June 22, 2010, 10:31:35 PM »
WTF this is the official track now .... Has  dre lost his mind...he went from to still dre to this... WOW this is is wack... Im really doubting detox now

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #403 on: June 23, 2010, 02:27:31 AM »
A little something for the DUBCC board - feel free to spread it. This is the latest version that I have received, which features the artist Kanobby on the hook. I'm not too familiar with dudes work, although I have heard of someone under that name working with Murs, Terrace Martin, and so on (that's http://twitter.com/kingkanobby). Can only assume it's the same person.

It's a MAJOR improvement on the existing track out there IMO. Sounds legit to me too, although am of course working on getting more info.
the hook is horrible

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #404 on: June 23, 2010, 02:30:51 AM »

the hook is horrible

Cool, so stick to the version without the hook. No harm done.

Some people, man... I'm only passing along a track. Get some perspective. Props to Matty, who at least gave thanks even if he doesn't believe this is legit or whatever.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 02:34:28 AM by Conan »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One