Author Topic: Em wasn't kidding...he's Recovered  (Read 1441 times)

eNgIeS

Re: Em wasn't kidding...he's Recovered
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2010, 10:17:11 AM »
I honestly cant understand the hatred on this forum towards not only Eminem's new shit, but Dr. Dre's Under Pressure leak. I've played both to people who aren't so much "west coast rap" fans and they all liked what they heard. I wont say much about Dre's leak other than it sounds futuristic and a bit dancy, which is the future of rap IMO as thats just where music around the world is going at the moment.

As far as this whole album, Alot of the songs to me are very emotional and Eminem is back to spitting his best and shows a rebirth in terms of subject matter. The production is good I think it suits the direction of the album. Don't get me wrong, I love a Dre produced album and I do like Relapse, but Recovery is so much better.

Recovery is easily better than Encore and Relapse. It might even be better than The Eminem Show in my book. I just can't understand the hate at all. Is it just this forum? I think some hip hop fans are living in the past and are unwilling to move onto new styles craving everything to be the same as 1993 or 1995 or 1988 or 2001. Fact is everything has to evolve and I appreciate the evolution. After the crap we had from the likes of Soldier Boy I'm glad that some artists are steering rap into a better future

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2010, 10:25:18 AM »
he has rihanna on his album... :-X
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2010, 10:42:01 AM »

So did T.I. lol.

So did Jay-Z.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2010, 10:43:54 AM »
exactly and thats why they arent on scarface level
look ima big face fan but damn when he got t.i. and wayne on his album...that was a step down his level that he shouldnt have done
but em and jay-z are droppin pop albums

So did T.I. lol.

So did Jay-Z.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2010, 10:47:29 AM »
look ima big face fan but damn when he got t.i. and wayne on his album...that was a step down his level that he shouldnt have done

So did T.I. lol.

So did Jay-Z.

You're right, they aren't; they are both above it. ;D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2010, 10:50:57 AM »
they are both overrated...but see since t.i., wayne and jay-z have sold more records they are better and they are kings and this shit
when scarface drops some of the dopest muzik period
i mean he has dropped one of the dopest songs in years...jay-z, t.i., and wayne havent and dont got nuthin on that one song IMO

So did T.I. lol.

So did Jay-Z.

You're right, they aren't; they are both above it. ;D
Cube

MediumL

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2010, 01:05:13 PM »
Not really.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2010, 01:22:08 PM »
I can't believe some people are saying that this album is as good or better than the Eminem Show!  If Em himself would never go that far.  The Eminem show is a flawless record 5 mic classic!

I think its been too long since many of you have heard the Eminem show album but seriously play that album and then play this one and you will see that nothing on the new one can fuck with lyrics like this...

"u remember when ronnie died and you said u wished it was me/
well guess what I am dead, dead to you as can be!"

"Burry my face in comic books/
cause I don't want to look at nothin/
This worlds too much/
I swallowed all I could/
If I could swallow a bottle of tylenol I would/
To end it for good/
say goodbye to hollywood!"

"If I'm a criminal
how the fuck could I raise a little girl
I couldnt
I wouldnt be fit to..
Your full of shit too guerera
that was a FIST that hit you!"

man, the irony and timeliness, creativity, the storytelling and sincerity he packed into every one of the lines on that album can never be matched by him again, that was a rapper in his prime at the top of his game!

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 01:28:57 PM by Infinite... Be and It Is »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2010, 01:25:51 PM »
I can't believe some people are saying that this album is as good or better than the Eminem Show!  If Em himself would never go that far.  The Eminem show is a flawless record 5 mic classic!

I think its been too long since many of you have heard the Eminem show album but seriously play that album and then play this one and you will see that nothing on the new one can fuck with lyrics like this...

There's worlds too much/
I swallowed all I could/
To end it for good/

"If I'm a criminal
I couldnt
I wouldnt be fit to..

man, the irony and timeliness, creativity, the storytelling and sincerity he packed into every one of the lines on that album can never be matched by him again, that was a rapper in his prime at the top of his game!

I don't know about The Eminem Show being a "certified, 5 mic, classic"; but I agree it's easily better than Recovery.

I'd say Recovery is his best work since The Eminem Show though.

MediumL

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2010, 01:32:19 PM »
u cant be serious about the eminem show.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2010, 01:36:16 PM »
I can't believe some people are saying that this album is as good or better than the Eminem Show!  If Em himself would never go that far.  The Eminem show is a flawless record 5 mic classic!

There's worlds too much/
I swallowed all I could/
To end it for good/

"If I'm a criminal
I couldnt
I wouldnt be fit to..

I don't know about The Eminem Show being a "certified, 5 mic, classic"; but I agree it's easily better than Recovery.

I'd say Recovery is his best work since The Eminem Show though.

I'm not even speaking subjectively when I say The Eminem Show is a flawless 5 mic classic masterpiece.  

We all have albums that subjectively speaking we feel are classics because they have sentimental value, like Crucial Conflicts first album is an example of an album thats a classic for me personally but I would never say is a classic objectively speaking.

But The Eminem Show IS a bonafied classic record objectively speaking for any genre and age that album is FLAWLESS.  In fact I remember a Rolling Stone review of the album when it came out called it the PERFECT record, and everyone at this forum from rock fans like Trauma and west coast heads were all saying the same thing that it was a Classic album and best they'd ever heard!

I think people are just forgetting what it was really like back then when the album dropped maybe later I will pull up some old threads.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2010, 03:41:19 PM »
tes a 5 mic classic?  damn
Cube

Eddz

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2010, 03:58:31 PM »
I honestly cant understand the hatred on this forum towards not only Eminem's new shit, but Dr. Dre's Under Pressure leak. I've played both to people who aren't so much "west coast rap" fans and they all liked what they heard. I wont say much about Dre's leak other than it sounds futuristic and a bit dancy, which is the future of rap IMO as thats just where music around the world is going at the moment.

As far as this whole album, Alot of the songs to me are very emotional and Eminem is back to spitting his best and shows a rebirth in terms of subject matter. The production is good I think it suits the direction of the album. Don't get me wrong, I love a Dre produced album and I do like Relapse, but Recovery is so much better.

Recovery is easily better than Encore and Relapse. It might even be better than The Eminem Show in my book. I just can't understand the hate at all. Is it just this forum? I think some hip hop fans are living in the past and are unwilling to move onto new styles craving everything to be the same as 1993 or 1995 or 1988 or 2001. Fact is everything has to evolve and I appreciate the evolution. After the crap we had from the likes of Soldier Boy I'm glad that some artists are steering rap into a better future

I agree 100% with you, well said.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2010, 04:20:30 PM »

I think this is a superb album with intensity, introspection, honesty, witty punchlines, nice production and he is hungry.
It's an 8/10 for me and it it is an album with replay value, I think he made this album as opposed to the album making him. I guess this goes to show just how differently we can interpret something and as for a subjective classic and a no questions classic, I am not sure what that means, since it's all subjective.

Even Love The Way You Lie which I feared would be a horrible song, turns out to be a very enjoyable one, yes the hook from Rhianna gives it pop appeal but it's not like the lyrics are watered down. In fact throughout this album, the rhymes are extremely tight.

PLANT

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2010, 05:44:35 PM »
I think the album is pretty dope