Author Topic: Looks like LeBron is staying in Cleveland (gonna announce his decision Thursday)  (Read 1913 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
LeBron James will reportedly announce his NBA plans on ESPN Thursday night in a one-hour special. It will be an hour-long special documenting his career up to this point and then how he came to make his decision.

Dude is the biggest drama queen in sports history. Attention-whoring to a level that Brett Favre could only one day dream of achieving.

That said, all signs are pretty much pointing to him staying in Cleveland at this point. After the brainfart in the playoffs, I highly doubt he would even think of bringing this much attention to this whole thing if he planned on leaving. It is very unlikely they're going to document his career and his play-off disappointments with Cleveland, and then cap it off at the very end by him saying "Thanks Cleveland, I'm going to leave now."

If he DID do that though, then I will eat my words. And I think LeBron would get props for even having the balls to do something like that lol. But we all know he wont.

EDIT: I was wrong. I am eating my words in shock lol
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 08:01:22 PM by Halu Sination »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Best player in the league should get the airtime. 8)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
LeBron James will reportedly announce his NBA plans on ESPN Thursday night in a one-hour special. It will be an hour-long special documenting his career up to this point and then how he came to make his decision.

Dude is the biggest drama queen in sports history. Attention-whoring to a level that Brett Favre could only one day dream of achieving.

That said, all signs are pretty much pointing to him staying in Cleveland at this point. After the brainfart in the playoffs, I highly doubt he would even think of bringing this much attention to this whole thing if he planned on leaving. It is very unlikely they're going to document his career and his play-off disappointments with Cleveland, and then cap it off at the very end by him saying "Thanks Cleveland, I'm going to leave now."

If he DID do that though, then I will eat my words. And I think LeBron would get props for even having the balls to do something like that lol. But we all know he wont.

co-sign

i cant believe how much of an attention whore he is, alright kool guy, u aint won shit yet and i doubt you ever will.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

theremedy360

I was a huge Lebron fan when he first came into the NBA, but he's turned into such an annoying ass attention whore, shit's sickening.

Sccit

On the other hand, if he stays, he's gunna seem like a huge douche for making this huge ordeal and holding a press-conference, just to announce that...i guess it's a lose-lose situation for LeBron. Either way, he ends up looking like a complete douche.......I wonder why?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 02:19:21 AM by NIKCC »

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
On the other hand, if he stays, he's gunna seem like a huge douche for making this huge ordeal and holding a press-conference, just to announce that...i guess it's a lose-lose situation for LeBron. Either way, he ends up looking like a complete douche.......I wonder why?

Despite the fact that it honestly would be a huge douche bag move for him to hold a one-hour conference only for him to say that he's leaving, the only people who would really hold it against him is Cleveland. Everyone else will probably be laughing their asses off.

But the point of all this drama is so the media can say "OMG the announcement is that LeBron is staying! What a shocking, heroic move!" Only problem is, everybody has caught on. They know damn well he wouldn't be doing this just to troll Cleveland. He's being the same predictable drama queen that he's always been. Of course, as I said, he might do something unpredictable and I will eat my words, but it really doesn't look like it's going that route.

This sort of reminds me when T-Mac announced to the world in a press conference that he was offering his starting spot in the All-Star game to Michael Jordan in an attempt to look like a class-act, only for it to backfire when Jordan revealed that Iverson privately offered him his starting spot already lol.

Sccit

Despite the fact that it honestly would be a huge douche bag move for him to hold a one-hour conference only for him to say that he's leaving, the only people who would really hold it against him is Cleveland. Everyone else will probably be laughing their asses off.

But the point of all this drama is so the media can say "OMG the announcement is that LeBron is staying! What a shocking, heroic move!" Only problem is, everybody has caught on. They know damn well he wouldn't be doing this just to troll Cleveland. He's being the same predictable drama queen that he's always been. Of course, as I said, he might do something unpredictable and I will eat my words, but it really doesn't look like it's going that route.

This sort of reminds me when T-Mac announced to the world in a press conference that he was offering his starting spot in the All-Star game to Michael Jordan in an attempt to look like a class-act, only for it to backfire when Jordan revealed that Iverson privately offered him his starting spot already lol.

In his mind, if he moves to New York or Chicago, or any of the big-market teams, it's the greatest thing to ever happen to basketball, so I wouldn't be surprised if he holds a press conference for that and feels justified in doing so...in his egotistical head, Cleveland let him down, not the other way around. But it doesn't really matter, cuz either way, he's a douche, and that's exactly why he always ends up looking like one...

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination

In his mind, if he moves to New York or Chicago, or any of the big-market teams, it's the greatest thing to ever happen to basketball, so I wouldn't be surprised if he holds a press conference for that and feels justified in doing so...in his egotistical head, Cleveland let him down, not the other way around. But it doesn't really matter, cuz either way, he's a douche, and that's exactly why he always ends up looking like one...

LOL. Well I'm not gonna lie, you do bring up a good point about him probably thinking that going to a big-market team is actually worth hosting a one-hour documentary about his decision.

But I'm going to stick with my prediction. The manner of which he went out was humiliating, so if he were to leave the team now, I'd have to believe that he'd want to do it discreetly.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
I hope ESPN will air a documentary named : " Lebron , the day after the decision" on Friday  8)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It fucking kills me that he's staying in shitty ass Cleveland... together with Bosh in Chicago or with Bosh and Wade in Miami he could fucking humiliate the league for years to come... in shitty ass Cleveland he is just going to get humiliated by borderline contenders like the Magic...
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It fucking kills me that he's staying in shitty ass Cleveland... together with Bosh in Chicago or with Bosh and Wade in Miami he could fucking humiliate the league for years to come... in shitty ass Cleveland he is just going to get humiliated by borderline contenders like the Magic...

lebron better learn some more post moves or drastically improve his j before father time gets him

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!

lebron better learn some more post moves or drastically improve his j before father time gets him

He could three-peat without any of this if he set his mind to it and signs according to it. But if his best teammates remain to be Mo "I choke" Williams, Anderson "I lack offensive skills" Varejao and Zydrunas "I'm old and slow as shit" Ilgauskas, it is curtains regardless of how much he improves his game.
And the point is the Cavs can't really improve the roster all that much. They have no attractive pieces to trade, too many long term contracts, will never have cap space and have no high first round picks. All they can do is that trade with Toronto for Bosh, which would bring even more bad contracts in (Hedo, Jack) and send them into oblivion if Bosh and LeBron don't get it kickin.
No, it's not a sin

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!

He could three-peat without any of this if he set his mind to it and signs according to it. But if his best teammates remain to be Mo "I choke" Williams, Anderson "I lack offensive skills" Varejao and Zydrunas "I'm old and slow as shit" Ilgauskas, it is curtains regardless of how much he improves his game.
And the point is the Cavs can't really improve the roster all that much. They have no attractive pieces to trade, too many long term contracts, will never have cap space and have no high first round picks. All they can do is that trade with Toronto for Bosh, which would bring even more bad contracts in (Hedo, Jack) and send them into oblivion if Bosh and LeBron don't get it kickin.

but his team still got the best record in the NBA, i dont see why lebron isnt able to will himself to get a ring when he obviously wills himself to the best record in the NBA during the season.

i forget but who did they trade jamison for?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!

but his team still got the best record in the NBA, i dont see why lebron isnt able to will himself to get a ring when he obviously wills himself to the best record in the NBA during the season.

It was a complex 3-way deal and it basically was that the Cavs traded Z (who they re-signed later after the Wizards bought him out lmao) and got Jamison and Telfair. Basically the Wizards just wanted to get rid of Jamison's contract, because Z had a rather big expiring contract.
No, it's not a sin

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination

Exactly. They got the best record in the league two years in a row with that squad, the problem wasn't the team. The problem was both his playing style and the fact that Mike Brown's incompetent ass wouldn't run a play other than "give the ball to LeBron and let him just run into the paint." It might work in the regular season, but any time you play the same team 7 games in a row, the opposing team is going to catch on. And then the supporting cast is expected to step up and carry the load, except that's obviously not going to happen because they've never had to do that in the 82 games prior to the postseason.

Antawn Jamison was a damn good player. But obviously his strengths lie on the offensive end. What is the point of an offensive player who doesn't offer much on defense, when LeBron has the ball 99% of the time? LeBron's playing style forced Jamison into being a pure shooter, despite the fact that Jamison has an array of post-moves, he didn't need help creating his own shot. Similar issue went with Shaq. He's a player that obviously has to be in the paint, but that clogs things up and means LeBron has to stay on the perimeter, which is not LeBron's strongest area. Pairing LeBron with a bunch of offensive players who aren't worth much on defense is the wrong way to handle things, especially when they're not a good fit with LeBron on the offensive end to begin with.

It's not that LeBron needs a better supporting cast, he just needs a better fit. Troy Murphy, for example, is never even really considered as good as Jamison is, and yet he probably would have helped the team far more because he would have comfortably taken on the role as an outside shooter while doing his job grabbing boards on defense, accompanying LeBron very well.

And all of this would be a moot point if Cavs had a competent coach to begin with. One who actually ran offensive plays, forcing LeBron to expand his moveset and learning to play off the ball, thus allowing his otherwise teammates to actually do something in the game instead of being useless and chucking up shitty shots. Let's see if Byron Scott does just that.