Author Topic: Yankees owner George Steinbrenner passes away at age 80  (Read 1047 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Yankees owner George Steinbrenner passes away at age 80
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 05:39:26 PM »
Some of u make it seem like hes cheatin or cheated...didnt he start from scratch like the rest of em?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 05:43:58 PM »
Biggest asshole in the history of sports

FUCK YOU, DIE SLOW! >:(

I'll miss you George. Thanks for all the hardware, boss. R.I.P. :'(

LOL, you should know more about the history of your team. When George was calling the shots everyone hated him. When it was announced he was expelled from baseball the Yankees fans gave a standing ovation. He constantly alienated his players and coaches, and was the reason the Yankees had no success in the 80's and early 90's. Nobody wanted to play under him, do the research my man. He was like Al Davis X 100 (the present version). He would pay reporters to dish out dirt on his players. Just cause he passed doesn't mean I'm gonna go and act like he was some great guy, cause he really wasn't. The only reason the Yankees have been successful in recent years is cause he finally stepped down and stopped fucking everything up.

He did it to turn people against him; his own team. He thought it would bring the team together & it did. Even though he turned everyone against him, they rallied TOGETHER to go against him. He was a man about winning & did that, gotta respect it. People act like they wouldn't want him as owner of thir franchise, but only because he built this evil empire everyone loves to hate. He did what he had to do to win & gave back to the fans times a billion. He coulda had a personal budget & pocketed all of his ridiculous profits. But he made a Kabilllion dollars and put half of whatever he made back into it the Yankees product; getting players, field renovations, etc. He is easily one of the top owners of all time.

WOW!

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 05:56:38 PM »
rip to the "boss" and the definition of an asshole with a gracious heart yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 06:12:14 PM »
Damn, haters to the point where a man dies & y'all disrespectful.

Have fun with all your faggot ass teams missing the playoffs; number 28 about to feel extra sweet. 8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 08:25:59 PM »
Haha cham get em..muffuccaz wasnt expectin nor likin #27 let alone #28...hows la lil joe?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

theremedy360

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 08:37:52 PM »

Have fun with all your faggot ass teams missing the playoffs; number 28 about to feel extra sweet. 8)

I'm not hating, I just call shit like I see it. And it would be pretty fucking pathetic if you hadn't won a bunch of rings with a payroll exponentially bigger than everyone elses.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 09:42:07 PM »

I'm not hating, I just call shit like I see it. And it would be pretty fucking pathetic if you hadn't won a bunch of rings with a payroll exponentially bigger than everyone elses.

That's such a lose-lose argument. Because when we win, it's "you guys spend money" & when the Rays made the World Series it was, "you stupid Yankee fans, when will you realize you can't buy players to win?"

& like I've said before, we have the highest payroll because we overpay players. Look at Jason Giambi, we have him like 120 million or some shit, but he wasn't worth that; but it was better to give him what he wanted because we can afford it instead of letting him go somewhere that could hurt us.

Plus the Redsox, Mets, Phillies & Cubs all have huge payrolls; any surprise that the Redosx & Phillies are always there in October? The Cubs & Mets don't win so nobody says anything to them, but since we win, we just look at the payroll. We can pay plenty of people 5-7 million less than we're paying them now, but why not just lock them up by paying more?

Then you have teams that don't even spend money, so fuck them if owners are using the team to make profits; George made the profits & just put the money back into the team. Face it, we're a team that every other franchise in sports aspires to be; the fans at least. I mean, be honest. If the Mariners started spending hundred of millions & went back to the 116 win year, every year you'd be like "damn, we're cheating"? C'mon, don't lie.

theremedy360

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 01:55:36 AM »

That's such a lose-lose argument. Because when we win, it's "you guys spend money" & when the Rays made the World Series it was, "you stupid Yankee fans, when will you realize you can't buy players to win?"

& like I've said before, we have the highest payroll because we overpay players. Look at Jason Giambi, we have him like 120 million or some shit, but he wasn't worth that; but it was better to give him what he wanted because we can afford it instead of letting him go somewhere that could hurt us.

Plus the Redsox, Mets, Phillies & Cubs all have huge payrolls; any surprise that the Redosx & Phillies are always there in October? The Cubs & Mets don't win so nobody says anything to them, but since we win, we just look at the payroll. We can pay plenty of people 5-7 million less than we're paying them now, but why not just lock them up by paying more?

Then you have teams that don't even spend money, so fuck them if owners are using the team to make profits; George made the profits & just put the money back into the team. Face it, we're a team that every other franchise in sports aspires to be; the fans at least. I mean, be honest. If the Mariners started spending hundred of millions & went back to the 116 win year, every year you'd be like "damn, we're cheating"? C'mon, don't lie.

Hey Cham, I'd like to remind you that in that 116 year we had NOBODY with legit playoff experience. I was stoked on the season obviously, but we weren't championship material. Matter of fact, last time the Mariners made the ALCS was before A Rod chose to leave (god damn that hurts). Anyways, you can't deny that y'all have an unfair advantage. I'm not hating on you for being a fan, cause obviously if the Mariners had an unlimited payroll I'd be all over it. The league is basically a farm system for the Yankees cause they can sign whatever free agent they want. It's bullshit. The MLB is bullshit. I failed to mention other teams with high payrolls but the Yankees is still the highest. Anyways Cham, you're cool in my book as long as you got love for Ichiro  8)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 02:01:28 AM by TheRemedy360 »

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 11:20:45 AM »
Although he is was an asshole. I cant really blame HIM for overspending. Its the system that allows it. He was just taking advantage of it. There are owners out there who are wealthier then Steinbrenner but just dont spend the money to win. There are owners out there who would rather save money on their roster and gain millions on revenue shares that teams like the Yankees are paying into. I think Baseball definitely needs a salary cap. But as long as it doesnt have one, I think owners who dont actually play to win damage baseball more than an owner who breaks the bank to win. At the end of the day, would you rather have yankee ownership for your team...or Royals ownership? And yeah he made baseball unaffordable for your average family to attend....but enyce made a good point (yeah I said it), he can only charge what people will pay. If they dont pay it, he cant charge it.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 03:29:52 PM »

Hey Cham, I'd like to remind you that in that 116 year we had NOBODY with legit playoff experience. I was stoked on the season obviously, but we weren't championship material. Matter of fact, last time the Mariners made the ALCS was before A Rod chose to leave (god damn that hurts). Anyways, you can't deny that y'all have an unfair advantage. I'm not hating on you for being a fan, cause obviously if the Mariners had an unlimited payroll I'd be all over it. The league is basically a farm system for the Yankees cause they can sign whatever free agent they want. It's bullshit. The MLB is bullshit. I failed to mention other teams with high payrolls but the Yankees is still the highest. Anyways Cham, you're cool in my book as long as you got love for Ichiro  8)

Of course we have an advantage & going into every season, for the most part, we have the best roster on paper; but like Daygo just touched on, he used the system to his advantage. And some owners don't do shit, even if they got the bucks.

& you're a great poster, my man, no hate. :P & it's more than just love for Ichiro, it's just love for the M's. I always had a little some-some for the M's & Cubs. ;D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 08:36:50 PM »
Haha so when the yankees lose...its quiet but when they win...they bought a ring
Cube

KEVIN RONIK

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 08:25:47 AM »
IT AINT QUIET WHEN THEY LOSE, IT SHOWS HOW BAD THE FRANCHISE REALLY IS.  IMAGINE THAT FRANCHISE WITH A $100 MILLION PAYROLL, THEY WOULDNT WIN SHIT.  JOE TORRE DIDNT DO SHIT WHEN HE WAS WITH THE CARDINALS AND ISNT DOING SHIT IN LA.  HE IS ONLY GOOD WITH THE LEAGUES HIGHEST PAYROLL.